Hello! Log in or Register   |  Help  |  Donate  |  Buy Shirts See all banner ads | Advertise on TheSamba.com  
TheSamba.com

Seat adjuster cams?
Page: Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next
Forum Index -> Type 3 Share: Facebook Twitter
Reply to topic
Quick sort: Show newest posts on top | Show oldest posts on top View previous topic :: View next topic  
KahunaKombi
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sat Dec 17, 2016 10:45 pm    Post subject: Re: seat adjuster cams? Reply with quote

For those interested you can view more on what nilza has done with the seat adjuster cams on this forum -

http://forums.kombiclub.com/threads/3d-printed-parts.50198/page-8
KahunaKombi
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sun Dec 18, 2016 8:37 pm    Post subject: Re: seat adjuster cams? Reply with quote

KTPhil wrote:
Are there four unique parts in a complete car set, or do the left and right seats share the same pair of parts somehow?

Phil,
There is a right cam and a left cam only and interchangeable to the same position/side on either seat so right to right and left to left.

Nils has done a great job on doing up the design by measuring and drawing and the plastic prototype in 3D works fine - check out link to thread he posted or to the one I posted in previous post.
KTPhil Premium Member
Samba Member

PostPosted: Mon Dec 19, 2016 12:33 am    Post subject: Re: seat adjuster cams? Reply with quote

I hope others join in. I have my original seats out of the car because of wear on my cams, and the resultant seat on the flat the driver's side rests against. These wear out because people don't lean the seat back forward while turning the large knob. It grinds the piece down. That's what did mine in. So I'm on board.
KahunaKombi
Samba Member

PostPosted: Mon Dec 19, 2016 1:27 pm    Post subject: Re: seat adjuster cams? Reply with quote

KTPhil wrote:
I hope others join in. I have my original seats out of the car because of wear on my cams, and the resultant seat on the flat the driver's side rests against. These wear out because people don't lean the seat back forward while turning the large knob. It grinds the piece down. That's what did mine in. So I'm on board.

Phil, exactly what causes them to wear as I've said to others in discussion ..... if you're not sitting in the car you can move the adjuster knob freely avoiding that wear and even if seated lean forward to remove pressure on the backrest then turn adjuster knob. Very Happy
KTPhil Premium Member
Samba Member

PostPosted: Mon Dec 19, 2016 1:40 pm    Post subject: Re: seat adjuster cams? Reply with quote

KahunaKombi wrote:
KTPhil wrote:

Phil, exactly what causes them to wear as I've said to others in discussion ..... if you're not sitting in the car you can move the adjuster knob freely avoiding that wear and even if seated lean forward to remove pressure on the backrest then turn adjuster knob. Very Happy

Once they start wearing, they go south fast, and it bungs up the steel flat on the seat frame, too. I've watched most people adjust them-- they don't lean forward. And once in motion, it's tougher to do, and people just crank harder. I've learned, but once the damage is done...
hem1tp
Samba Member

PostPosted: Tue Dec 20, 2016 8:34 am    Post subject: Re: seat adjuster cams? Reply with quote

I'm interested, how do we go about ordering a set?
KahunaKombi
Samba Member

PostPosted: Tue Dec 20, 2016 8:48 pm    Post subject: Re: seat adjuster cams? Reply with quote

hem1tp wrote:
I'm interested, how do we go about ordering a set?

nilza will look after ordering ...... he'll check back here and let you know how it's to be done.

He needs FIRM orders for 10 sets (1 set is a pair of 1 left and 1 right side cam) ..... more sets may lead to some price drop ...... Don't forget postage and handling has to be added on also.
KahunaKombi
Samba Member

PostPosted: Fri Dec 23, 2016 8:04 pm    Post subject: Re: seat adjuster cams? Reply with quote

Phil, are you after one or 2 sets ?

I've so far identified 9 sets (7 people wanting 1set and 1 person after 2 sets) ..... there is someone still to confirm they want 1 set so if they do that'll be 10 sets and if you're after 2 then we've 11 sets all up.

Bad time of year to progress things but thinking about sorting this out sooner than later.

Checked the For Sale rules and looks as though posting some info up and an EOI will be ok Very Happy
KTPhil Premium Member
Samba Member

PostPosted: Fri Dec 23, 2016 10:19 pm    Post subject: Re: seat adjuster cams? Reply with quote

I am looking for at least one set. I'll check this weekend and see if my spare (actually, original) passenger seat need them, too.
supersuk
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sat Dec 24, 2016 4:10 pm    Post subject: Re: seat adjuster cams? Reply with quote

maybe I missed it, but what is the cost for a set shipped to the USA? Mine are in pretty good shape, but i'd like to keep a spare if they are within my budget.
68 Fastback Build: http://www.thesamba.com/vw/forum/viewtopic.php?p=5396323#5396323
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail AIM Address MSN Messenger Gallery Classifieds Feedback
ataraxia
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sat Dec 24, 2016 5:33 pm    Post subject: Re: seat adjuster cams? Reply with quote

supersuk wrote:
maybe I missed it, but what is the cost for a set shipped to the USA? Mine are in pretty good shape, but i'd like to keep a spare if they are within my budget.

nilza wrote:
Hi all, machining quotes are in. Cost would be $110 USD per pair (one seat) plus shipping.

I'm wondering at what point the price comes down and by how much?
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Gallery Classifieds Feedback
KahunaKombi
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sun Dec 25, 2016 12:47 am    Post subject: Re: seat adjuster cams? Reply with quote

supersuk wrote:

Cost for 1 set is USD110.00 + postage/shipping costs which have not yet been costed ...... not sure if west coast will differ to east coast.
KahunaKombi
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sun Dec 25, 2016 12:53 am    Post subject: Re: seat adjuster cams? Reply with quote

ataraxia wrote:
supersuk wrote:

nilza wrote:
Hi all, machining quotes are in. Cost would be $110 USD per pair (one seat) plus shipping.

Current price quoted is based on an order of 10 sets & getting this number in itself is requiring some effort.

We have to wait for Nilza to visit here again and update us all.
ataraxia
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sun Dec 25, 2016 8:49 am    Post subject: Re: seat adjuster cams? Reply with quote

KahunaKombi wrote:
ataraxia wrote:
supersuk wrote:

nilza wrote:

Current price quoted is based on an order of 10 sets & getting this number in itself is requiring some effort.

We have to wait for Nilza to visit here again and update us all.

I have three NOS sets but I may get in on this for two sests since they'll be made of higher strength material - depending on price. I'm aware that shipping from Australia is expensive so I've mentally factored that into the equation.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Gallery Classifieds Feedback
KahunaKombi
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sun Dec 25, 2016 1:36 pm    Post subject: Re: seat adjuster cams? Reply with quote

I did a quick check with Australia Post freight calculator and indication is about USD20.00 packing & postage ...... so a rough guide to work with Rolling Eyes
KahunaKombi
Samba Member

PostPosted: Thu Dec 29, 2016 8:25 pm    Post subject: Re: seat adjuster cams? Reply with quote

Just to keep interested parties informed, I've sent some questions to nils and awaiting a response Rolling Eyes
KTPhil Premium Member
Samba Member

PostPosted: Thu Dec 29, 2016 10:44 pm    Post subject: Re: seat adjuster cams? Reply with quote

Thanks for the update. I expect after the holidays there might be a little more interest.
nilza
Samba Member

PostPosted: Mon Jan 02, 2017 7:03 pm    Post subject: Re: seat adjuster cams? Reply with quote

So hard numbers where we currently sit.

We have 11 interested parties, to which we need to clarify whether they want 1 or 2 pairs of cams (the word "set" has been thrown around, I don't want people to think this is to suit both front seats) If we could please refer to them per seat (meaning 1 left cam and 1 right cam) that would be ace to save confusion.

I have a current quote for the manufacture of 10 seats worth. Equating to,

$110USD per seat + $30USD total postage, extra seats will not incur extra postage.

or $165 AU per seat + $12-20 AU total postage depending on location.

This i however dependent on committed purchases, I have at this point only 4 seats confirmed.

I think we will have to set a proposed date for manufacture that I would need numbers by, confirmed by perhaps a 50% deposit.

As to the question of reduction in price to numbers ordered, I have no doubt that the numbers would come down at each multiple of 10, but that is the best I can guess at this point.

Nils
ataraxia
Samba Member

PostPosted: Mon Jan 02, 2017 7:33 pm    Post subject: Re: seat adjuster cams? Reply with quote

For the purpose of clarification:

Each seat: $110 (2 pieces - 1 left and 1 right)
Shipping: $30

So two seats (4 pieces) would cost $250 shipped, correct?
KTPhil Premium Member
Samba Member

PostPosted: Mon Jan 02, 2017 8:03 pm    Post subject: Re: seat adjuster cams? Reply with quote

Thanks for the update. I'm a week or two from determining whether I need one seat or two.
Reply to topic    Forum Index -> Type 3 All times are Mountain Standard Time/Pacific Daylight Savings Time
Page: Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next
Page 3 of 9

Jump to: