Hello! Log in or Register   |  Help  |  Donate  |  Buy Shirts See all banner ads | Advertise on TheSamba.com  
TheSamba.com

Seat adjuster cams?
Page: Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next
Forum Index -> Type 3 Share: Facebook Twitter
Reply to topic
Quick sort: Show newest posts on top | Show oldest posts on top View previous topic :: View next topic  
KTPhil Premium Member
Samba Member

PostPosted: Mon Dec 23, 2019 11:26 am    Post subject: Re: seat adjuster cams? Reply with quote

I would use a high pressure moly grease, like CV grease. Use it sparingly and only at the wear points, so it doesn't gather dirt and act as a grinding compound. Make it a habit to wipe it all free once a year or so, and regrease, so it stays clean. A good time to clean and relube (with silicone spray--leaves no dust gathering residue, and it's sliding friction so less pressure) so your seats stay happy.

The other thing to extend their life is to NEVER press against the seat back when turning the knob. Take ALL pressure off the cam (and the corresponding wear point in the seat frame/back when adjusting the rake angle. I actually pull the seatback forward and turn the knob, then release it, the few times I adjust it.
KahunaKombi
Samba Member

PostPosted: Fri Jan 10, 2020 7:58 pm    Post subject: Re: seat adjuster cams? Reply with quote

Just back checking as had some enquiry for supply ..... IF anyone is interested in a seat/seat/pair let us know and I'll try to get nilza to get another order put up and delivered.

Lubricant and advice from Phil as posted above is what I did and advised others to go with.
KahunaKombi
Samba Member

PostPosted: Fri Jan 10, 2020 8:02 pm    Post subject: Re: seat adjuster cams? Reply with quote

Advertisement for these Type 3 Seat Cam Adjusters is here - https://www.thesamba.com/vw/classifieds/detail.php?id=2008828
KahunaKombi
Samba Member

PostPosted: Mon Feb 08, 2021 1:25 pm    Post subject: Re: seat adjuster cams? Reply with quote

Giving this thread a revival as no doubt there are Type3 owners out there with no idea these seat cam adjusters are available Rolling Eyes
tmitoraj
Samba Member

PostPosted: Thu Jan 27, 2022 6:35 am    Post subject: Re: seat adjuster cams? Reply with quote

Are these still available somewhere? Thanks
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Gallery Classifieds Feedback
KTPhil Premium Member
Samba Member

PostPosted: Thu Jan 27, 2022 10:14 am    Post subject: Re: seat adjuster cams? Reply with quote

I think he sold out, since the ad was deleted. But if there is enough new interest in another production batch...maybe?
KahunaKombi
Samba Member

PostPosted: Fri May 13, 2022 8:15 pm    Post subject: Re: Seat adjuster cams? Reply with quote

Sorry it's been a while since I was on here ..... life's been busier than normal if there is such a thing.

If anyone is interested in these seat adjuster cams then please contact nilza (Nils Birkmann) by email at [email protected].

The advertisement lapsed after I thought I'd edited it to keep it live.

Once again I apologise for not replying to the PM or staying on top of this thread and the advertisement.
nilza
Samba Member

PostPosted: Thu May 19, 2022 7:49 pm    Post subject: Re: Seat adjuster cams? Reply with quote

Hi all, turns out my account was inactive Laughing

Been doing less and less vw related stuff I am afraid.

I have been receiving a few emails in regards to adjusters this year, so I think a new batch is probably not too far away.
Please register you interest if you have not done so already.

Thanks as always
KahunaKombi
Samba Member

PostPosted: Thu Aug 18, 2022 8:17 pm    Post subject: Re: Seat adjuster cams? Reply with quote

If anyone wants to see the For Sale thread then let me know and I'll try to resurrect it - price would need to be confirmed with nilza Laughing
nilza
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sat Aug 20, 2022 3:00 pm    Post subject: Re: Seat adjuster cams? Reply with quote

KahunaKombi wrote:
If anyone wants to see the For Sale thread then let me know and I'll try to resurrect it - price would need to be confirmed with nilza Laughing

Thanks Bert, Request for quotes are out this morning. Probably a month before I have these on my desk again.
nilza
Samba Member

PostPosted: Thu Aug 25, 2022 4:52 pm    Post subject: Re: Seat adjuster cams? Reply with quote

Quotes are back, as expected they are unfortunately going to be dearer than the last lot.

Cost will be $95 per seat (one left and one right cam)

There are currently 10 pairs on order with 3 spoken for here in OZ, drop me a message if you are interested please before we put the add back up in the classifieds.
andybla
Samba Member

PostPosted: Fri Aug 26, 2022 2:20 am    Post subject: Re: Seat adjuster cams? Reply with quote

May be interested but don't have any experience with this part..

What years does this fit? Is this piece mostly worn out on all seats?
Bobnotch
Samba Member

PostPosted: Fri Aug 26, 2022 5:55 pm    Post subject: Re: Seat adjuster cams? Reply with quote

andybla wrote:
May be interested but don't have any experience with this part..

What years does this fit? Is this piece mostly worn out on all seats?

I believe they can be used on all type 3s from 61 thru 71.5 except the T-34.
64 T-34 Ghia...aka Wolfie, under construction... http://www.thesamba.com/vw/forum/viewtopic.php?t=412120
Tram wrote:
"Friends are God's way of apologizing for relatives."
Tram wrote:
People keep confusing "restored" and "restroyed".
KahunaKombi
Samba Member

PostPosted: Wed Oct 26, 2022 8:00 pm    Post subject: Re: Seat adjuster cams? Reply with quote

WOW!!! where has the time gone since August ..... sorry about not visiting more frequently.

Here's a couple of "old" threads posted on Aussie Vee Dubbers which may be of interest -

https://forums.aussieveedubbers.com/viewtopic.php?tid=111806&page=1

https://forums.aussieveedubbers.com/viewtopic.php?tid=111256&page=1
KahunaKombi
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sun Jan 29, 2023 8:16 pm    Post subject: Re: Seat adjuster cams? Reply with quote

Classified has been listed again - https://www.thesamba.com/vw/classifieds/detail.php?id=2598219

Sorry for the delay in re-listing the Type3 Seat Adjuster Cams ...... if you want these for your Type3 Front Seats then confirm pricing and availability with nilza.
KahunaKombi
Samba Member

PostPosted: Mon Feb 20, 2023 7:44 pm    Post subject: Re: Seat adjuster cams? Reply with quote

Hi all,

I've been advised that no more orders will be done for the seat ajuster cams unless someone can come up with and order of 10 sets/seats or more.

The constant back and forth and maybe/maybe not is time wasting, frustrating and not acceptable nor condusive to getting an order put in place and fulfilled.

If you are after a set (this comprises 1 x L & 1 x R cam for 1 seat) or know of anyone who wants these then keep asking & searching for others after them until a firm Commitment for a minimum of 10 sets or more can be made and paid for ..... then and only then will an order be progressed to fulfillment.

The prime condition for production has always been a minimum of 10 sets (seats) which hasn't changed ..... what has changed is the onus of co-ordinating an order for the minimum number now rests on someone taking on the task then approaching Nils.

Thanks for your understanding.
KahunaKombi
Samba Member

PostPosted: Wed Aug 30, 2023 12:02 am    Post subject: Re: Seat adjuster cams? Reply with quote

Just bringing this back for the Type3 members Rolling Eyes
nilza
Samba Member

PostPosted: Fri Oct 06, 2023 10:21 pm    Post subject: Re: Seat adjuster cams? Reply with quote

Just a heads up that I will have a batch coming in about 2 weeks. sorry for those who have had to wait so long
busman78
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sat Oct 07, 2023 10:20 am    Post subject: Re: Seat adjuster cams? Reply with quote

Is there two sets still available?
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Gallery Classifieds Feedback
nilza
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sun Oct 08, 2023 1:29 am    Post subject: Re: Seat adjuster cams? Reply with quote

busman78 wrote:
Is there two sets still available?

I'll put 2 aside for you, drop me a PM in the next 2 weeks and we will sort it out.
Reply to topic    Forum Index -> Type 3 All times are Mountain Standard Time/Pacific Daylight Savings Time
Page: Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next
Page 8 of 9

Jump to: