Hello! Log in or Register   |  Help  |  Donate  |  Buy Shirts See all banner ads | Advertise on TheSamba.com  
TheSamba.com

need wiring help
Forum Index -> Split Bus Share: Facebook Twitter
Reply to topic
Quick sort: Show newest posts on top | Show oldest posts on top View previous topic :: View next topic  
awalls
Samba Member

PostPosted: Wed Nov 09, 2011 10:43 pm    Post subject: need wiring help Reply with quote

I'm trying to get the turn signal indicator hooked up right. When I stepped on the brakes of my '58 kombi, the front right (passenger) turn signal would light up solid and the right rear brake would not light up. So I took a close look and a couple of the wires from the turn signal indicator were spliced together. Following the wiring diagram I unspliced them and hooked it up to what I thought was right. WRONG Now to the new problem, with the head lights off both front turn signals work fine but when they are on only the right one works. When I disconnect the yellow/black wire that goes to the left rear light, both front turn signals work again... I'm stumped. I also just cleaned the tail lights to make sure they had a good ground. Maybe I could have got the two wires, on the left brake light, switched. As I read this it sounds confusing to me so if you cant make out my rambling its okay
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website Gallery Classifieds Feedback
Eric&Barb
Samba Member

PostPosted: Thu Nov 10, 2011 8:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Run grounding wires from each taillight to the battery cable grounding point on the body.
Reply to topic    Forum Index -> Split Bus All times are Mountain Standard Time/Pacific Daylight Savings Time
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: