Hello! Log in or Register   |  Help  |  Donate  |  Buy Shirts See all banner ads | Advertise on TheSamba.com  
TheSamba.com

Bring-A-Trailer Vans
Page: Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 9, 10, 11 ... 27, 28, 29  Next
Jump to:
Forum Index -> Vanagon Share: Facebook Twitter
Reply to topic
Quick sort: Show newest posts on top | Show oldest posts on top View previous topic :: View next topic  
82westyrabbit
Samba Member

PostPosted: Thu May 20, 2021 6:23 am    Post subject: Re: Bring-A-Trailer Vans Reply with quote

Wow. I understand it’s a syncro but I see at lest another $10,000 to sort it out. That a lot of money for a project.
4Gears4Tires
Samba Member

PostPosted: Thu May 20, 2021 7:35 am    Post subject: Re: Bring-A-Trailer Vans Reply with quote

I will take offers starting at $25k for my tin top ratty repainted a few times rusty piece of shit doesn't run right Syncro that seeps coolant at the water jackets and the rear bench constantly squeaks over bumps and has 1 blown out rear speaker.

Anyone? Do I hear $30k?
brickster
Samba Member

PostPosted: Thu May 20, 2021 9:33 am    Post subject: Re: Bring-A-Trailer Vans Reply with quote

4Gears4Tires wrote:
I will take offers starting at $25k for my tin top ratty repainted a few times rusty piece of shit doesn't run right Syncro that seeps coolant at the water jackets and the rear bench constantly squeaks over bumps and has 1 blown out rear speaker.

Anyone? Do I hear $30k?

Throw in some overlanding bling (traction boards and a hetty hi-lift jack) and show me your van's social media pedigree, then maybe we can talk. Wink
4Gears4Tires
Samba Member

PostPosted: Thu May 20, 2021 12:37 pm    Post subject: Re: Bring-A-Trailer Vans Reply with quote

Oh no! I have zero social media presence. I guess I am back to asking $1200 and/or trades for motorcycles on Craigslist.
Jake de Villiers
Samba Member

PostPosted: Thu May 20, 2021 1:14 pm    Post subject: Re: Bring-A-Trailer Vans Reply with quote

4Gears4Tires wrote:

Anyone? Do I hear $30k?
Photos with scantily clad young women seem to help quite a bit. Cool
http://sites.google.com/site/subyjake/mydixiedarlin%27
www.crescentbeachguitar.com
www.thebassspa.com
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website Instagram Gallery Classifieds Feedback
jimf909 Premium Member
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sat May 22, 2021 10:38 pm    Post subject: Re: Bring-A-Trailer Vans Reply with quote

4Gears4Tires wrote:

Anyone? Do I hear $30k?

You're not selling the dream. I did not see Argentina mentioned once.

Abscate wrote:
Do not get killed, do not kill others.

Current: 1990 Westy Camper - Bostig RG4, 2wd, manual trans w/Peloquin, NAHT high-top, 280 ah LFP battery, 160 watts solar, Flash Silver, seam rust, bondo, etc., etc.

Past: 1985 Westy Camper - 1.9 wbx, 2wd, manual trans, Merian Brown, (sold after 17 years to Northwesty who converted it to a Syncro).
Jake de Villiers
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sun May 23, 2021 9:17 am    Post subject: Re: Bring-A-Trailer Vans Reply with quote

jimf909 wrote:
4Gears4Tires wrote:

Anyone? Do I hear $30k?

You're not selling the dream. I did not see Argentina mentioned once.
LOL!! Laughing
http://sites.google.com/site/subyjake/mydixiedarlin%27
www.crescentbeachguitar.com
www.thebassspa.com
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website Instagram Gallery Classifieds Feedback
coqcitywesty
Samba Member

PostPosted: Tue May 25, 2021 3:47 pm    Post subject: Re: Bring-A-Trailer Vans Reply with quote

1983 watercooled, 172K mile AdventureWagon just posted. Lotsa photos:

https://bringatrailer.com/listing/1983-volkswagen-vanagon-2/
Schnippzle
Samba Member

PostPosted: Wed May 26, 2021 2:15 am    Post subject: Re: Bring-A-Trailer Vans Reply with quote

coqcitywesty wrote:

That's quite nice. Will be interesting to see what it reaches. I'm not up to speed on the rarity of Adventurewagons, but I'm guessing that if it had the original engine it'd fetch a touch more?
campism
Samba Member

PostPosted: Wed May 26, 2021 4:43 am    Post subject: Re: Bring-A-Trailer Vans Reply with quote

Schnippzle wrote:
coqcitywesty wrote:

That's quite nice. Will be interesting to see what it reaches. I'm not up to speed on the rarity of Adventurewagons, but I'm guessing that if it had the original engine it'd fetch a touch more?

Not an AW expert but I doubt the replacement engine affects the value that much; the original engine smoking and rattling certainly would.
Schnippzle
Samba Member

PostPosted: Wed May 26, 2021 9:37 am    Post subject: Re: Bring-A-Trailer Vans Reply with quote

campism wrote:
... the original engine smoking and rattling certainly would.

Sounds like you're describing the authentic experience of owning a diesel Very Happy
jimf909 Premium Member
Samba Member

PostPosted: Wed May 26, 2021 9:14 pm    Post subject: Re: Bring-A-Trailer Vans Reply with quote

Quote:
The seller notes that the air conditioning system is disconnected and has not been tested.

Thank goodness the seller is keeping up the Vanagon tradition of ignoring A/C maintenance. Rolling Eyes $2K deduction on principle.

Abscate wrote:

Current: 1990 Westy Camper - Bostig RG4, 2wd, manual trans w/Peloquin, NAHT high-top, 280 ah LFP battery, 160 watts solar, Flash Silver, seam rust, bondo, etc., etc.

Past: 1985 Westy Camper - 1.9 wbx, 2wd, manual trans, Merian Brown, (sold after 17 years to Northwesty who converted it to a Syncro).
campism
Samba Member

PostPosted: Thu May 27, 2021 5:30 am    Post subject: Re: Bring-A-Trailer Vans Reply with quote

jimf909 wrote:
Quote:
The seller notes that the air conditioning system is disconnected and has not been tested.

Thank goodness the seller is keeping up the Vanagon tradition of ignoring A/C maintenance. :roll: $2K deduction on principle.

Seller might be willing to tear it out for a few grand extra.
coqcitywesty
Samba Member

PostPosted: Wed Jun 02, 2021 10:03 am    Post subject: Re: Bring-A-Trailer Vans Reply with quote

Schnippzle wrote:
coqcitywesty wrote:

....and sold for $23K
jimf909 Premium Member
Samba Member

PostPosted: Wed Jun 02, 2021 1:51 pm    Post subject: Re: Bring-A-Trailer Vans Reply with quote

It seems once you get past the Syncros, the pre-84 or 83 vans in original condition are fetching good prices between $20K - $25K. Unless a van is modified just right, the more original they are the better the price they seem to get.

https://bringatrailer.com/volkswagen/vanagon/?sort=bids

Image may have been reduced in size. Click image to view fullscreen.

Abscate wrote:

Winterhawk
Samba Member

PostPosted: Mon Jun 07, 2021 2:00 pm    Post subject: Re: Bring-A-Trailer Vans Reply with quote

I've been looking at BaT auctions and occationally bidding for a few years now. Never won a thing, but came close a couple times. I think the Adventure Wagon price was reasonable but by the time you add in the BaT fee, shipping, and taxes things get out of control quickly. Some auctions like that $65k syncro that needed body and paint look very fishy to me. Seen too many auctions on different platforms where Shilling seems to be an issue, but I think its too hard to prove or simply not worth the time and effort by BaT or eBay, etc to go after them. I'll still look and maybe bid, but won't go beyond my perceived value. I've been searching for the right Vanagon for a while now and search in all the popular places. I find most are much worse than expected in person so bidding on something without actually inspecting it is hard. Hopefully I'll find the right one soon at a fair price.
coqcitywesty
Samba Member

PostPosted: Mon Jun 14, 2021 11:51 am    Post subject: Re: Bring-A-Trailer Vans Reply with quote

Just WOW! - $50K for a 2003 Eurovan weekender:

https://bringatrailer.com/listing/2003-volkswagen-eurovan-mv-weekender/

Granted it is a nice specimen, but is there really that much pent-up, post-COVID demand for recreational vehicles?? I am thinking this is crazy money??
bobbyblack Premium Member
Samba Member

PostPosted: Mon Jun 14, 2021 12:30 pm    Post subject: Re: Bring-A-Trailer Vans Reply with quote

Not really... I paid $36K new off the lot for my 2003... That one depreciated a little bit at first years I had it (KBB), then stayed in the high $20's for a few years, then started to climb again. In today's dollars, that original $36K is probably more than $50K. At the time I got divorced, I still had a handsome hunk of my mortgage to get through still, so I bargained that my X take the EV, and I'd keep the house. I got the kids too.
coqcitywesty
Samba Member

PostPosted: Mon Jun 28, 2021 9:16 am    Post subject: Re: Bring-A-Trailer Vans Reply with quote

1986 Wolfsburg Weekender w/54K miles posted to BaT:

https://bringatrailer.com/listing/1986-volkswagen-vanagon-westfalia-8/

Likely the cleanest front seats I have ever seen, some mold inside the pop top and jalousie windows. Overall a pretty decent specimen.
jimf909 Premium Member
Samba Member

PostPosted: Mon Jun 28, 2021 10:35 pm    Post subject: Re: Bring-A-Trailer Vans Reply with quote

Quote:
The air conditioning was repaired in preparation for the sale.

This must be a first in the history of used Vanagon sales. Obviously, the seller is not aware of the time honored tradition of selling poorly maintained Vanagons with the tag of "A/C just needs a charge."

Abscate wrote:

Reply to topic    Forum Index -> Vanagon All times are Mountain Standard Time/Pacific Daylight Savings Time
Page: Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 9, 10, 11 ... 27, 28, 29  Next
Jump to:
Page 10 of 29

Jump to: