Hello! Log in or Register   |  Help  |  Donate  |  Buy Shirts See all banner ads | Advertise on TheSamba.com  
TheSamba.com

53kombi - Danny Morganelli - [email protected]
Forum Index -> Buyer and Seller Feedback Share: Facebook Twitter
Reply to topic
Quick sort: Show newest posts on top | Show oldest posts on top View previous topic :: View next topic  
Viewing feedback for: 53kombi
Email: [email protected]
Last Visited: February 21, 2024
crofty
Judas of the North

PostPosted: Mon Nov 21, 2011 1:03 pm    Post subject: 53kombi - Danny Morganelli - [email protected] Reply with quote

I have sold close to half a dozen heaters over the past few years so I thought I’d add this to Danny’s feedback thread to let people know about the quality of my work. We did have a disagreement on the cost of the actual shipping charges (brought to my attention after I had shipped the heater and it was in transit) I agreed to eat that cost at the suggestion of the buyer because I felt it wasn’t worth the hassle to try and explain the terms of the ad and prolong an already frustrating experience. In fairness, though I found communication with the buyer frustrating and difficult most of the time and won't involve myself with him in the future, he did pay promptly.

The last email is the last correspondence I had with Danny so obvioulsy he was good with the final outcome. I also gave him the option to return the item (unopened) had he felt unsatisfied in any way. He still has it!

>
53kombi wrote:
Hi Sean,
> Thanks for being concerned about
> the safety of the heater in transit. I would rather it be here safely
> than be here quickly. I hope you have expressed to them that you don't
> want the pieces banging around together in the box. I would hate for
> all of your hard work on the cosmetic resto of the heater to be
> damaged. Let me know when it goes out, and include the tracking info.
> Watching it get closer is fun, and builds the excitement of it's
> arrival.
>
> Thanks for the update,
> Danny

>
>
>
53kombi wrote:
I am hoping that you see things the way I do, and
> that you realize the gift of the Westfalia 125 years book on top of
> your full asking price, more than makes up for the additional costs
> for you. That was something that I offered as an unsolicited
> bonus/"gift" to show you what kind of person I am, to thank you for
> dealing with me, and to establish trust and a good feeling about us
> working together on this sale, and possibly others in the future.
>
> Please understand that I am not trying to play games with you or jerk
> you around. I was not expecting to pay this much for the shipping,
> based on your original quote. I am generously offering to pay the
> actual cost to ship the packages, as required by your terms in the ad,
> despite the amount being a lot more than what you quoted.
This is
> in no way an attempt to get one over on you at the end of the deal,
> because I am unhappy with anything, or think I paid too much. I gladly
> paid your asking price, will gladly pay the actual shipping costs, and
> would like to stay on good terms with you for the future. I feel this
> is an amicable way of working it out. Two parties have to find a
> reasonable way to work out problems that arise in a situation like
> this. I think I am being more understanding about the increased costs
> than a lot of people would be. I am a reasonable guy, and I
> hope you can be too.
> I think you did well on this deal, and I got what I needed for my
> project. We both won. There is no animosity or hard feelings from me.
> I hope this does not create any for you towards me.
>
>
> I will paypal you $145.26 plus fees to cover the cost to ship the
> heater and associated parts. I am out of town for work this week, so
> the book will get shipped on Monday of next week when I have returned.
> I will forward tracking info when I have it. Shipping for the book is
> on me. Thank you again for sending the heater my way.
> I appreciate your understanding, Danny

>
>
53kombi wrote:
Hi Sean,
> I have had a chance to
> really check everything out, and just wanted to tell you how nice of a
> job you did on the resto. It looks AWESOME!!! Thanks again for
> selling to me.
>
> Danny

You can view pics of the heater in my gallery

http://www.thesamba.com/vw/forum/album_search.php?search_author=crofty&show_results=summary

HamburgerBrad wrote:

I slept on crofty's tent once. I passed out drunk from two bottles of Everett's brother's wine.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Gallery Classifieds Feedback
BeaterBarndoor
Samba Member

PostPosted: Tue Nov 22, 2011 8:30 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Its technically not my business to be involved with your posting but in all fairness and out of respect towards Danny as a friend, I feel only half of the information has been presented in a way to make it appear that Danny was difficult to do business with.
Why only the one sided emails? Seems most feedback with issues that I have seen typically present both sides so that one can make their own call on where the issue lies or if it was merely just a miscommunication which couldnt come to an agreeable resolution.
I personally have had dealings with Danny over the years and always appreciated his thoroughness in communication as he is always concerned about keeping things right and being fair within the deals.
I wouldnt hesitate to keep doing business with Danny .

Whaaaaat?
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address Gallery Classifieds Feedback
campingbox Premium Member
Samba Member

PostPosted: Tue Nov 22, 2011 8:58 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have been dealing with Danny for over a decade and have found him very easy to work with. Buy, sell, and trade with confidence!
crofty
Judas of the North

PostPosted: Tue Nov 22, 2011 9:12 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

BeaterBarndoor wrote:
Its technically not my business to be involved with your posting but in all fairness and out of respect towards Danny as a friend, I feel only half of the information has been presented in a way to make it appear that Danny was difficult to do business with.
Why only the one sided emails? Seems most feedback with issues that I have seen typically present both sides so that one can make their own call on where the issue lies or if it was merely just a miscommunication which couldnt come to an agreeable resolution.
I personally have had dealings with Danny over the years and always appreciated his thoroughness in communication as he is always concerned about keeping things right and being fair within the deals.
I wouldnt hesitate to keep doing business with Danny .

Hey Mark,

Obviously Danny still has an issue if he continues to talk about it with people who had nothing to do with the transaction. However, I must emphasize that he has NEVER said anything to me in an email or face to face since I recieved the last email I posted in this thread. If he is in fact concerned with being fair and keeping things "right" he would deal with people directly rather than talk about them behind their back (you are at least the 3rd person I've heard that from as of today). That says a lot about somebodys character.

As far as the emails being one sided, those are emails he wrote, not me. He seems pleased with the heater itself, right? I'm guessing he showed you the emails between us as you think my post is one sided? What did I miss? I have them as well and can dig them up if need be.
As I mentioned above, he had no problem with the heater itself, just that the shipping "quote" as he called it, ended up being more expensive as I had fedex box the heater (I told him ahead of time I was doing that, he didn't say anything about it) and the cost was more than what my guesstimate was in the original ad that stated "not including actual shipping charges (under $100 stateside)" I guess I should have added a question mark after "stateside" but I thought it was clear. Clearly a miscommunication between us that I had let go a long time ago. I did eat that additional cost after he asked as well and never heard a word from him so I figured we were good.

I initially posted this in my feedback thread but Danny asked it to be removed. He had no feedback thread up until yesterday.

HamburgerBrad wrote:

I slept on crofty's tent once. I passed out drunk from two bottles of Everett's brother's wine.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Gallery Classifieds Feedback
scvw
Samba Member

PostPosted: Tue Nov 22, 2011 10:37 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Are you sure that the intent of your original posting was for you to let other people know the quality of your work or to try and discredit Danny in some way? The only time in the original post that the quality of the heater is mentioned is in the first sentence and Dannys last email. I mean this did happen about a year ago, right? Why post it now and not right after the deal was done? If you haven't had any correspondence with him since that last email and you post this now are you sure that it is Danny that has the lingering issue? Sure I am a friend of Dannys and he is far from being a difficult person to deal with as you are implying. Be honest and just admit that this is just to stir up some Samba drama. It seems to me in the emails that you posted that Danny is going far and beyond what most people would do to resolve a problem. That book was a token of his appreciation also wasn't it? I really don't have a problem with you Sean, I actually like reading your posts, but this posting just seemed way out of line for what you said your intent was.
SOUTHERN INTEGRITY AIRCOOLERS

WTB - Sigla popout glass like in my ad.
http://www.thesamba.com/vw/classifieds/detail.php?id=1667775
crofty
Judas of the North

PostPosted: Tue Nov 22, 2011 12:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

scvw wrote:
Are you sure that the intent of your original posting was for you to let other people know the quality of your work or to try and discredit Danny in some way? The only time in the original post that the quality of the heater is mentioned is in the first sentence and Dannys last email. I mean this did happen about a year ago, right? Why post it now and not right after the deal was done? If you haven't had any correspondence with him since that last email and you post this now are you sure that it is Danny that has the lingering issue? Sure I am a friend of Dannys and he is far from being a difficult person to deal with as you are implying. Be honest and just admit that this is just to stir up some Samba drama. It seems to me in the emails that you posted that Danny is going far and beyond what most people would do to resolve a problem. That book was a token of his appreciation also wasn't it? I really don't have a problem with you Sean, I actually like reading your posts, but this posting just seemed way out of line for what you said your intent was.

As I’m sure you know (I just found out myself), I cannot post feedback for myself in my own thread and seldom if ever post feedback for buyers. While the transaction was over a year ago, and this maybe not the mosty timely of posts, it is relevant. I’m not trying to “stir up samba drama” just clarify an issue I had with a buyer that I thought was done over a year and a half ago but has been brought to my attention again and again over the last few months by mutual acquaintances and strangers on the forums (there’s your drama). While I in no way make a living selling items on the samba it’s important for me to keep my reputation as a trustworthy seller/buyer intact ( check my 3 pages of positive feedback) or at least have the opportunity to defend myself if something to the contrary is brought up in a public setting. As I said, I thought the matter was done but Danny seems to bring it up whenever he has the opportunity, I haven’t done that. I take great pride in the work I do and am always willing to discuss issues pro or con with items I have for sale. As a seller yourself I’m sure you can understand that. Situations like this would have people unwilling to do business with me and may have had that result in the past( not that I have any proof of that but it’s a possibility). It’s important to me to get some positive feedback out there about a very rare and desirable item that I restored as I have done quite a few Eberspachers over the years but this one I consider the Ferrari of Eberspachers.
The Westy book is cool and I like having a copy in my collection, but was also “given” to me before the heater was even shipped so to say that he’d even include shipping for it and that it was a means to smooth over the shipping disagreement, is misleading as it was a gift to begin with and not a compromise for the higher shipping total. Again, it’s important to remember that he DIDN’T pay the additional amount, I did and not happily, but I did nonetheless. As I stated I also offered to take the heater back with a full refund and return shipping on me after he voiced his displeasure about the shipping costs while it was in transit. I can only assume from his comment that the heater was to his liking as it was never returned.

“That was something that I offered as an unsolicited bonus/"gift" to show you what kind of person I am, to thank you for dealing with me, and to establish trust and a good feeling about us working together on this sale, and possibly others in the future.”

That doesn’t sound like someone who would speak ill of me, so you can imagine my surprise when it was first mentioned in the forums after he expressed his pleasure in owning the heater and even added my pictures of it to his favorites.

HamburgerBrad wrote:

Saint76
Samba Member

PostPosted: Tue Nov 22, 2011 3:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I don't understand whats going on..
Are you trying to leave feedback for yourself under another users name??

Danny has been nothing but good to me in our past dealings..

Last edited by Saint76 on Tue Nov 22, 2011 10:01 pm; edited 1 time in total
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Gallery Classifieds Feedback
EverettB Premium Member
Administrator

PostPosted: Tue Nov 22, 2011 5:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

To explain something that crofty posted above, he originally posted a very similar message in his own feedback.

53kombi asked for it to be removed as he stated he had no intention of leaving feedback for crofty. We prefer people not to create their own feedback entries so I removed it at his request.

crofty, as the seller, has the option of leaving feedback for 53kombi as a buyer, which I believe he is trying to do here.

My opinion:
If there is some issue about someone else talking about someone "behind their back" it seems better to address it directly rather than through the Forums.
Stop dead photo links! Post your photos to The Samba Gallery!
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website Facebook Instagram Gallery Classifieds Feedback
campingbox Premium Member
Samba Member

PostPosted: Tue Nov 22, 2011 7:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

As a seller who has misquoted shipping prices before, in my opinion the only time to revise a shipping quote is before the item has been shipped. Renegotiating shipping prices after the fact is nearly always a recipe for disaster, and usually is not worth the hassle. If I make the decision to send the package at a higher shipping price without checking with the buyer first, its because I plan to eat the difference. Sean did offer Danny the option to refuse the shipment, so if Danny was not comfortable with the actual costs he should have refused delivery and Sean should have refunded the full amount paid including the quoted shipping.

What did the ad text read? Buyer pays actual shipping or buyer pays shipping & handling charges, because in my opinion those are two very different things, especially if the seller contracts the packing out to a retail establishment.

I saw Danny last weekend and cannot recall him mentioning the issue, so I do not think he was all that worked up about it.

Sean, if you're concerned that there is still an issue you might consider giving Danny a call or emailing him. If he owes you money maybe he just needs a reminder.

FYI, that 125 years of Westfalia book is probably worth $100, so gift or not, that is a pretty nice gesture on Dannys part to give that away.
gabvwkey
Samba Member

PostPosted: Tue Nov 22, 2011 8:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Done business with both Danny and Crofty for years, not taking any side, just hope you guys could work it out amicable, we are all a family!
~gabvwkey~
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website Facebook Twitter Gallery Classifieds Feedback
crofty
Judas of the North

PostPosted: Tue Nov 22, 2011 9:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Just be clear there is no money issue, I refunded the balance to him within hours of him sending it after I said I would at the cost. As I stated earlier, he paid promtly.

Greg, I did offer to refund everything including return shipping after the item shipped and he voiced his disappointment in the cost. I specifically told Danny I was going to have FEDEx box the heater as this was a very expensive item should have better packing than the newspaper and peanuts I would have used. ( As he says "they are the professionals")I didn't hear anything until after it shipped a few days later and I had sent him a copy of the receipt. I also sent a quote from UPS (more than $100). People out to rip people off don't offer full refunds and stick around as long as I have. I have a lot of friends here and value that a lot.

Danny has had a year and a half to contact me about this transaction and hasn't. Up till a few weeks ago when somone on the bus forums (who I've never met) took a jab at me about the heater and shipping (It was removed). There are more instances but I'm not going to repeat myself or rat out who told me.

I don't feel it's my place to resolve his issues for him. He should have called me or refused shipment if he feels he was taken advantage of.

HamburgerBrad wrote:

originalo
Samba Member

PostPosted: Wed Mar 05, 2014 7:36 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Danny purchased some parts from me to his Barndoor and I can say it was pure pleasure to build the deal with him.
I experienced him as a careful person with excellent knowledge in the VW field and he is very polite and 100% faithful. There are not many people as him in our hobby.
Our international deal went absolutely smoothly and we both had fun besides the deal to talk about our VW´s details and their accessories.

I would gladly do business with Danny again- no matter if buying or selling.
NavyGeneral Premium Member
Samba Member

PostPosted: Wed Sep 19, 2018 9:19 pm    Post subject: Re: 53kombi - Danny Morganelli - [email protected] Reply with quote

53kombi purchased an item from me. Upon receipt he advised that it wasn't the correct color, but he could use. I advised sending it back, as I want the correct part to be the correct part for my sales. He advised that he would like to trade it for another part with no $ expended as was same price-that we did. Danny was ever so nice and polite in his several communications with me. He sent enabling information on correct colors for knobs, information that I greatly appreciate. Methinks Danny is quite the professional in his search for the correct and exact part and indeed a kindred spirit. I contacted him this week as to how he experienced hurricane Florence, he appears to be fine, surrounded perhaps by lots of water, with roads out, and close by trees on houses. Thanks Danny for your patience and good will. Be safe!
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Gallery Classifieds Feedback
Blackhead
Samba Member

PostPosted: Tue Nov 27, 2018 8:18 am    Post subject: Re: 53kombi - Danny Morganelli - [email protected] Reply with quote

Danny bought arm bushing from me a while ,I sent them to him but all of them a bit diferences inside it's my fault ,however he said ok it could be use for my barndoor...Thanks for suggestion the details of it,he's quick payment and very kind.
Thanks so much.
Joe
Frederik
Samba Member

PostPosted: Mon Dec 17, 2018 7:52 pm    Post subject: Re: 53kombi - Danny Morganelli - [email protected] Reply with quote

Great buyer to deal with, fast payment and communication. And last but not least very nice! Thanks Danny
Reply to topic    Forum Index -> Buyer and Seller Feedback All times are Mountain Standard Time/Pacific Daylight Savings Time
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: