Hello! Log in or Register   |  Help  |  Donate  |  Buy Shirts See all banner ads | Advertise on TheSamba.com  
TheSamba.com

Sam Steel - [email protected] - Samuel Andújar González
Page: Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
Forum Index -> Buyer and Seller Feedback Share: Facebook Twitter
Reply to topic
Quick sort: Show newest posts on top | Show oldest posts on top View previous topic :: View next topic  
Viewing feedback for: Sam Steel
Email: [email protected]
Last Visited: April 14, 2024
pre67vw
Samba Member

PostPosted: Fri Jan 20, 2012 5:15 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sam makes complete repro split dashboards, so I asked him if he would make me a small one-off repair panel for a genuine split dash - He was extremely helpful and the part turned up in the post today, and best of all it was a very reasonable price. Thanks very much!
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Gallery Classifieds Feedback
thingman1
Samba Member

PostPosted: Thu Apr 26, 2012 9:02 pm    Post subject: Is this all cleared up now Reply with quote

I am just checking to see if all is goos with this company, I see them back on Samba, but has anyone from the US dealed with them and got their items in and got them without paying am arm and leg to get them.
raymparr
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sun Jun 17, 2012 7:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ordered a couple items from him. The non custom item got here (southern California) in about 2 1/2 weeks from when i payed. The custom part about a week after. Good communication, would buy from again.
TomJav
Samba Member

PostPosted: Fri Jul 13, 2012 3:33 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ordered a pair of cobvertible vents and two badges from Sam. Everything went well, good communication, fast international shipping, fantastic products! I'm shure will buy from Sam again! Thank You so mutch for the smooth transction! All the bests from Hungary! Applause

Tomi
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Gallery Classifieds Feedback
52 beetle
Samba Member

PostPosted: Mon Apr 22, 2013 6:34 am    Post subject: Sam Steel parts Reply with quote

I bought a set of oval heart tail lights and a football mirror from Sam, The quality is amazing. Sam is always quick to respond to questions or additions to the order. (in the US remember he is about 7 hours ahead of us) great product and customer service. I will be back for more parts on future project cars. Thanks again Sam for helping me get my 52 beetle on the road.
porkchopvw
Samba Member

PostPosted: Tue May 07, 2013 3:16 pm    Post subject: Sam Steel -- Hood Emblems Reply with quote

I'm always leery about ordering from overseas, but, this transaction went so smooth I wouldn't hesitate to order from Sam again. I got the Deustchland hood crest which looks awesome, and the KDF hood emblem which is better than I thought.
Delivery was about two weeks. Patience is always needed in overseas deals. You're always wondering what takes so long, but this deal went great.
Thanks Sam.
2443cc OG (not grafted) '54 3-fold semaphore ragtop
1641cc '64 sedan daily driver

*** Duncan Peters Motorsports ***
OMT
Samba Member

PostPosted: Fri May 10, 2013 1:49 am    Post subject: Vented generator strap Reply with quote

Hello All,
I purchased two generator straps from Herr Steel. I like the logo.....LMFAO! Great service, great shipping and great product!

Al
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Gallery Classifieds Feedback
bakersam
Samba Member

PostPosted: Fri May 31, 2013 2:24 pm    Post subject: Absoloutely no problems with Sam Reply with quote

I recently purchased a KdF style horn with no issues whatsoever. He's very responsive and the package arrived in record time. I've found him to be highly informed and helpful. I'd certainly recommend him to others.
Gray Oval Premium Member
Samba Member

PostPosted: Mon Nov 18, 2013 5:29 pm    Post subject: ..all good Reply with quote

Thank You Sam, for 52-55 tail light gaskets... Nice quality.
A pleasure doing business with you. - Gary
Scott65Beetle
Samba Member

PostPosted: Wed Apr 09, 2014 4:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I bought some convertible decklid vents from Sam. It took a while to get here-they are from Spain after all but I am very pleased with the quality of the product and transaction went fine. Thanks Sam
SAL71
Samba Member

PostPosted: Mon Jul 21, 2014 9:33 am    Post subject: Thank! Reply with quote

I bought Sam`s Karmann Ghia taillight repair kit.
Thank you! Higher Quality! I'm pleased.
mike nash
Samba Member

PostPosted: Thu Oct 09, 2014 2:06 pm    Post subject: business with Sam Steel? Reply with quote

Has anyone in the USA done business with Sam Steel lately? I would like to buy a steel split window section, but worry after reading some old not-so-positive feedback from several years ago. Such a large piece to ship is quite an issue, and there are many variables with foreign freight forwarders. I have done two split window grafts using the Kaefer Nostalgie split kits, not easy!
Before I use a fiberglass section from Glass Action or PVguy, I am hoping someone can reply with their own experience, either good or bad. I think 6-8 weeks shipping time would be reasonable, beyond that, I would pass. I have seen an oval converted carefully with a fiberglass section from Glass Action, it looked perfect, but I would rather use metal. The Kaefer kit was so much work to finish on the inside, that if I am going to spend that amount of effort I would just as soon use fiberglass, and accept that a year or two later I would have to touch it up again due to shrinkage from expansion & contraction of different materials, fiberglass/ bondo/ steel. Anyone done business with Sam Steel in 2014?
Split 1
Samba Member

PostPosted: Fri Nov 28, 2014 1:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I am trying to buy some of his engine lid vents and I have emailed him a couple of times over the last few weeks with no response?
Is he still selling stuff?
Thanks
Dave
vwjimbo
Samba Member

PostPosted: Thu Mar 26, 2015 6:35 am    Post subject: hood emblem Reply with quote

i recently had sam make me a custom hood emblem for my oval....the craftsmanship is great! i had no issues with shipping except the tracking number shows no shipping info but i did receive it in a reasonable amount of time!! i am overall happy with the "artwork" but there are a few issues.....1) the emblem is smaller than a stock emblem....2) he offers 2 different styles one had double sided adhesive and the other had the 2 bend over tabs like a stock emblem....i thought i was getting the style with the 2 tabs (specifically asked 5 times when ordering it) and what i received was a separate base that i still have to peel and stick the emblem to, which may work but not what i bought........3) i emailed him after receiving it and voiced these same issues and after 2 weeks haven't heard a word back!
overall it is a cool piece but not a direct fit....it cost me $80 and i think it was worth it but a little better description and add info would go a long way!
frankiegoestohollywood
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sun Apr 26, 2015 6:31 am    Post subject: Split bumper guards Reply with quote

Just got my Split bumper guards , that I ordered from Sam Steel.
They look great, and fit perfectly on my car.
Good quality, good communication, fast shipping.
Muchas gracias, Sam !
hockeyfan08
Samba Member

PostPosted: Tue Aug 11, 2015 6:07 am    Post subject: Convertible Deck Lid Vents Reply with quote

I ordered a set of Convertible Deck Lid Vents from Sam. High quality, excellent communication, and fast shipping. Thanks Sam!
Deh Shark
Samba Member

PostPosted: Fri Sep 04, 2015 7:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I ordered some stuff. Response was quick n provided me with tracking #, 3 days ago. But how do i track the items. It not usps tracking. I asked... waiting for his response.

55 3 fold Ragtop
Manx Dune buggy 2387cc
View user's profile Send private message Yahoo Messenger Gallery Classifieds Feedback
Deh Shark
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sat Sep 19, 2015 3:49 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Update: I got my order from Sam even thought it took such a long time exporting from Spain & going through US Customs. I would preferred US Priority Express Mail but it was sent Parcel mail. Parts are excellent. I will purchase from Sam again.

55 3 fold Ragtop
Manx Dune buggy 2387cc
View user's profile Send private message Yahoo Messenger Gallery Classifieds Feedback
Gray Oval Premium Member
Samba Member

PostPosted: Mon Nov 30, 2015 8:34 pm    Post subject: Re: Sam Steel - [email protected] - Samuel Andújar Gonzá Reply with quote

Sam - Just received your taillight housings. They look excellent.
I'm repeat customer and well satisfied with everything.
cheers - Gary
xonesandzerosx
Samba Member

PostPosted: Wed Dec 09, 2015 6:26 pm    Post subject: Re: Sam Steel - [email protected] - Samuel Andújar Gonzá Reply with quote

I contacted Sam via email in regards to ordering a set of tail lights. He came recommended from another Samba member. He has not responded to Sad .
Reply to topic    Forum Index -> Buyer and Seller Feedback All times are Mountain Standard Time/Pacific Daylight Savings Time
Page: Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
Page 2 of 4

Jump to: