Hello! Log in or Register   |  Help  |  Donate  |  Buy Shirts See all banner ads | Advertise on TheSamba.com  
TheSamba.com

Sam Steel - [email protected] - Samuel Andújar González
Page: Previous  1, 2, 3, 4
Forum Index -> Buyer and Seller Feedback Share: Facebook Twitter
Reply to topic
Quick sort: Show newest posts on top | Show oldest posts on top View previous topic :: View next topic  
Viewing feedback for: Sam Steel
Email: [email protected]
Last Visited: March 26, 2024
Sam Steel
Samba Member

PostPosted: Wed Apr 14, 2021 1:27 am    Post subject: Re: Sam Steel - [email protected] - Samuel Andújar González Reply with quote

johnshenry wrote:
I recently restored a pair of "Right/Left" '46-'49 SWF semaphores for a customer who sent me some Sam Steel lenses and arms to use. While the SS arms fit the SS lenses nicely, they are way out of spec from the originals. The holes in the lenses are not in the right place. In the pic below, the lense on the bottom is an original, the middle one is a reproduction that I use from a US supplier, and the one on the top is the SS lense.

More importantly is the cross sectional dimension of the end of the SS lense. The opening to insert the semaphore pivot arm is WAY too small. You can see in the pic compared to the other reproduction lense, there is no way that this lense will slip over the pivot arm on one of these early semaphores.

Happy to see that people are happy with other parts from SS, but as a heads up from someone who has been restoring early semaphores for over 15 years, these lenses are unusable.

Image may have been reduced in size. Click image to view fullscreen.

Hello John.

You are right, thanks to your comment we have discovered that our product is incorrect.
We have just removed the product from our page and we are already working on making a correct product from an original.
Please tell your customer to contact us so we can refund the money or send him a new lens when we can get the product made correctly.

And many thanks to you Jhon, thanks to comments like yours we managed to improve.

Best regards.
Sam.
buglover34465
Samba Member

PostPosted: Fri Dec 03, 2021 8:52 am    Post subject: Re: Sam Steel - [email protected] - Samuel Andújar González Reply with quote

I'm having trouble:
The UPS employees say customs rejected the package as the required 3 copies of the commercial invoice were not in the international pouch and attached to the box as requested by UPS Spain. They say Sam has to pick it up at the address on the tracking number where they dropped it off then once the 3 copies of the commercial invoice are in the international pouch they will ship it.
buglover34465
Samba Member

PostPosted: Mon Dec 06, 2021 1:54 pm    Post subject: Re: Sam Steel - [email protected] - Samuel Andújar González Reply with quote

Update
I do believe Sam is doing what he can.

I called both the American and then Spain UPs customer service package tracking to get information.

The Spain UPS guy version first version matched the American UPS guy till I prodded him to reverify as that story was different than Sam's.

After re-verifing (or actually checking for the first time) his amended story is that the Spain UPS messed up and Sam has indeed put a incident report claim in.

I got an update from Sam Today.
Note
Sam pointed out that the town where the package was dropped off at is 16 minuets from where it was picked up and thus it has not reached the Spanish UPS customs office which is 2 hrs away. This invalidates the American UPS info.

Hello Art.
I'm sorry I couldn't write to you earlier, on Thursday I solved everything with UPS, they said they were going to pick up the package and send it well. The customs papers are well completed, and the 3 copies are glued in a transparent bag.
Tomorrow I will call ups again, but the last time I spoke to them, everything was solved.
On the package tracking page it says that the status of the package is "on the way" that is the official status, before it put delivered and now it is on the way.
The message of maximum days to collect the package comes out automatically because it was delivered at a point ups. Ignore that message.
In all ways to be sure, I'll call the UPS pickup point tomorrow to tell me if the package is still there or has been picked up by UPS.
And I will also call UPS to assure me over the phone the status of the package.
Best regards.
Nicolás.

The UPS tracking update is still the same. no update.

So progress but not resolved yet.
buglover34465
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sat Dec 11, 2021 7:48 pm    Post subject: Re: Sam Steel - [email protected] - Samuel Andújar González Reply with quote

Sorry that I could not answer you before, I went personally to the store but they could not deliver it to me because I am not the recipient. I called UPS right there and they said they would pick it up. They have already picked it up, I attach snapshots of the shipment status, it has gone from "delivered" to "on the way" and "picked up by UPS" it seems that everything is fine.

It looks like my glove boxes are on their way.

Sam went all out to get UPS to fix this.
I have also called the international UPS and the Spain UPS a few times trying to get this fixed.
buglover34465
Samba Member

PostPosted: Wed Dec 15, 2021 6:49 pm    Post subject: Re: Sam Steel - [email protected] - Samuel Andújar González Reply with quote

I got my glove boxes today. Very nicely done. They are metal 1949 ones modified to fit into my 1951. The international UPS guy said they would come today and here they are. Sam did a very nice job on them. My lesson learned is to ask Sam to directly drop off the package at the UPS hub. Which I will do when I order the popes nose.
I’m impressed with the quality of the work and happy that UPS finally corrected their guys error. Definitely glad I went with the tracking and insurance. Sam was a great help in putting a escalation complaint in and calling/visiting the UPS people. Unfortunately it took quite a few calls to the international UPS and the Spain UPS before they decided to do something. Like go retrieve the package from the UPS facility where it was dropped off by the local UPS route guy instead of where he was supposed to drop it off at their main facility 2 hrs away.
buglover34465
Samba Member

PostPosted: Tue Dec 21, 2021 5:51 pm    Post subject: Re: Sam Steel - [email protected] - Samuel Andújar González Reply with quote

Bonkulous
Samba Member

PostPosted: Mon Jan 31, 2022 9:31 am    Post subject: Re: Sam Steel - [email protected] - Samuel Andújar González Reply with quote

He was initially very responsive in emails. He said I was "on the list for January." (Come to think of it- he DIDN'T say what year!) I'm sure they are swamped bc their parts do look really great, so they are in high demand. I am trying to be patient but really want to get these so it isn't easy!
Rob b
Samba Member

PostPosted: Tue May 24, 2022 2:11 pm    Post subject: Re: Sam Steel - [email protected] - Samuel Andújar González Reply with quote

Great service from Sam fast to reply and sort the parts out
The quality looks really good too
Super fast delivery too

Would happily us again

Thank you

Rob
darnett
Samba Member

PostPosted: Fri Aug 19, 2022 6:24 pm    Post subject: Re: Sam Steel - [email protected] - Samuel Andújar González Reply with quote

Has anyone dealt with this business lately? I placed an order for Kubelwagen parts and paid in full with Paypal 5/17/22 - to date nothing received. I have only corresponded with "Nicolas" - not Sam Steel. I was told the products were in stock except a horn that Sam needed to make. Then 1-2 promises it would ship out, now no response to my emails. Please let me know of any recent interactions / response times that have been encountered.
Thank You
darnett
darnett
Samba Member

PostPosted: Tue Sep 20, 2022 2:50 pm    Post subject: Re: Sam Steel - [email protected] - Samuel Andújar González Reply with quote

Yesterday 09/19/22 I did receive my full order from Sam, after he contacted me by email and sent a tracking number for the shipment. All parts are of excellent quality. He did have a delay in production but is reliable, and I will order from him again.
islandveedub Premium Member
Samba Member

PostPosted: Fri Feb 24, 2023 12:50 pm    Post subject: Re: Sam Steel - [email protected] - Samuel Andújar González Reply with quote

I have ordered from Sam many times in the past and have been very happy with the quality of his parts. However, I placed an order with him last October 2022, to which he responded that he wouldn’t be able to fill it until February 2023. I wasn’t in a rush, so I placed the order and paid in full. I e-mailed him a couple of days ago to check on the status of the order as February is almost over and I’m a little worried because I haven’t gotten a reply, and this was over 1500€. In past transactions, communication was very prompt.

Anyone have any recent successful transactions with him or know how to reach him?

60 Doublecab
62 23 Window Walkthrough Bus
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Facebook Twitter Instagram Gallery Classifieds Feedback
akomjathy
Samba Member

PostPosted: Tue Feb 28, 2023 11:48 pm    Post subject: Re: Sam Steel - [email protected] - Samuel Andújar González Reply with quote

I bought more parts from Sam. Split beetle divider bar, Talbot mirror and two split beetle glove boxes (cardboard type). All parts arrived in perfect condition and in a really high quality! Communication is great and easy with Isabel Smile She is a very nice person, so don't hesitate to buy those nice parts from them! I had to wait for the split beetle divider bar, because it was out of stock, but it took only a month! Thanks for the great service! I am really happy with my parts.
Attila from Budapest
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Gallery Classifieds Feedback
islandveedub Premium Member
Samba Member

PostPosted: Tue Mar 21, 2023 12:39 pm    Post subject: Re: Sam Steel - [email protected] - Samuel Andújar González Reply with quote

This is a follow up to my October 2022 order. I finally received everything yesterday, March 20, 2023. This is the longest I’ve had to wait for anything I’ve ordered, and I had to reach out to them, with help from Everett, to have them complete it. However, everything was packed well and the order was complete with no errors. The quality of the parts is on point as usual.

I’m not sure what happened, but despite the long wait, I did not lose money and I got my quality parts.

60 Doublecab
62 23 Window Walkthrough Bus
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Facebook Twitter Instagram Gallery Classifieds Feedback
Reply to topic    Forum Index -> Buyer and Seller Feedback All times are Mountain Standard Time/Pacific Daylight Savings Time
Page: Previous  1, 2, 3, 4
Page 4 of 4

Jump to: