Hello! Log in or Register   |  Help  |  Donate  |  Buy Shirts See all banner ads | Advertise on TheSamba.com  
TheSamba.com

realrecycledjack - Jack Finn - [email protected]
Page: Previous  1, 2
Forum Index -> Buyer and Seller Feedback Share: Facebook Twitter
Reply to topic
Quick sort: Show newest posts on top | Show oldest posts on top View previous topic :: View next topic  
Viewing feedback for: realrecycledjack
Email: [email protected]
Last Visited: Today
16CVs Premium Member
Samba Member

PostPosted: Mon May 04, 2020 8:13 pm    Post subject: Re: realrecycledjack - Jack Finn - [email protected] Reply with quote

Bought a NOS OE Cat from "Jack" he picked up the phone, gave me a fair price Shipped and it arrived 3 days later.
I am looking to buy something else, we'll see how well it goes this time.

Stacy
Samba member # 14980
Call anytime number 650 722 4914 .
Keep Your van running and upkept tastefully for the love of the hobby.
Don't let your van end up in an "abortions" thread.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address Gallery Classifieds Feedback
JEFFASTEPP
Samba Member

PostPosted: Tue Jun 30, 2020 8:34 am    Post subject: Re: realrecycledjack - Jack Finn - [email protected] Reply with quote

Not Happy with Jack Finn Told Him Many Times the Correct 003 Pump Shaft Lenght and He Still Sent Me the Wrong Shaft Now He Is Not Answering Phone Calls and Mailbox Is Full
VW Type 211
Samba Member

PostPosted: Tue Jul 14, 2020 11:06 am    Post subject: Re: realrecycledjack - Jack Finn - [email protected] Reply with quote

Jack/John Finn is an ass. I simply asked for 4 bolts off of his rusted out crap that he is selling. I also asked to take photos, because so much hardware out where he is located is all rusted with no markings visible. He asked me how much I was going to pay to use his cell phone and take photos to send to me, and then promptly called me an idiot. Why didn't I think of this? Charging a buyer for the pictures of the things I am selling. I should have read all these shitty reviews for him first, before even wasting my time with this fool.
Concept1
Samba Member

PostPosted: Tue Feb 16, 2021 2:52 pm    Post subject: Re: realrecycledjack - Jack Finn - [email protected] Reply with quote

Recently bought a few parts from "Jack".

All 3 parts were to be NOS according to his add. 2 of them were new, but damaged.

The third he sent was straight used. I paid a massive premium for an NOS piece and quite hefty shipping. Also paid an additional $20 to have the parts boxed.

The piece I received was used, damaged and had been previously installed and painted. I reached out to him with a request for the proper part or a refund.

He agreed that I received the incorrect part, but is unwilling to assist further.

Stay away from this operation.
lawn ninja
Samba Member

PostPosted: Wed May 05, 2021 10:34 am    Post subject: Re: realrecycledjack - Jack Finn - [email protected] Reply with quote

Boy I'm glad I read this. I got a pretty curt response from him over email for a late model type 3 engine. I asked if there was any wiggle room on the price, he told me it's too cheap as is and no core, to buy it before he raised the price. That raised a flag with me so I decided to check out his feedback.

My 64 1500 S Notchback project here
My 58 sedan project here
My 63 Ghia here
wheel607
Samba Member

PostPosted: Wed May 05, 2021 11:05 am    Post subject: Re: realrecycledjack - Jack Finn - [email protected] Reply with quote

I caught the VERY high pressure and curt response immediately. I would never do business his way.....if he had all the parts he says he has. The Samba keeps his ads here so people may find out his true nature. Read his feedback BEFORE purchasing any parts.
texan1950
Samba Member

PostPosted: Fri Sep 17, 2021 1:57 am    Post subject: Re: realrecycledjack - Jack Finn - [email protected] Reply with quote

Same exact experience
Rude -crude - and socially unacceptable..

I tried to make deal with him for a few 2.0L shortblocks
for rebuilding.. he threw me some "out in space" numbers..
when I hesitated he started to tell me he was a millionaire
and who was I to question him.. blab blab blab !!!
I hung up..
Our small community does not need this jerk..
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Gallery Classifieds Feedback
Maltboy!
Samba Member

PostPosted: Fri Oct 01, 2021 10:49 am    Post subject: Re: realrecycledjack - Jack Finn - [email protected] Reply with quote

Jack is a jackhole. I replied to his ad about a part advertised with a price of "$20 and up". He called and said he had the part, and I asked for a picture. He said "No! I've been doing this for 45 years blah blah blah". He said he'd call me the next day with the price. He didn't. I called him 2 days later and he said he'd call the next day. He finally called back and said he wanted $80. When I told him that price was waaaay too high. He hung up. What a dickhead!

WHY DO THE SAMBA MODERATORS ALLOW THIS JERK TO ADVERTISE???
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Gallery Classifieds Feedback
d2user
Samba Member

PostPosted: Wed Aug 03, 2022 11:01 am    Post subject: Re: realrecycledjack - Jack Finn - [email protected] Reply with quote

I purchased an old type 1 from Jack many years ago and also various parts since then. It was a great experience, both for the vehicle and the parts.

Jack may not be keen to spend a lot of time on internet-style customer service, the products, prices, and service were more than fine for me. I purchased mostly in-store, and never felt nor witnessed any of what is reported in other reviews.
DaveB9
Samba Member

PostPosted: Thu Nov 10, 2022 11:22 am    Post subject: Re: realrecycledjack - Jack Finn - [email protected] Reply with quote

Another negative experience from me. I asked about some parts, he sent photos, but insisted I call him with credit card details and provide a written disclaimer that I couldn't return them, then chased me aggressively saying time was short. So I called him from the UK at great expense, agreed a price and postage cost, gave my credit card details, deal done. He then went silent for a week before announcing he had sold them to someone else because he couldn't be bothered to send them to the UK.

A real shame he is still able to advertise on this site, looking at all the previous feedback. Everyone else I have dealt with on here has been great.
realrecycledjack
Samba Member

PostPosted: Mon Nov 14, 2022 7:00 pm    Post subject: Re: realrecycledjack - Jack Finn - [email protected] Reply with quote

customer tried to purchase small plates for a 68 ghia convertible top , entire top was sold to someone else before sale to england with all England's new
VAT procedures which requires a usa person to register as a VAT exporter.

. sorry i do live in england , and did not vote to leave the common market .
customer did not agree to pay VAT and we are not paying england's VAT tax .
it is england's tax not mine .
customer "incurred huge $5.50 expense" calling the USA to order part . if one cannot afford $5.50 one should not be driving an antique car .
mikesundobu
Samba Member

PostPosted: Tue Feb 21, 2023 3:55 pm    Post subject: Re: realrecycledjack - Jack Finn - [email protected] Reply with quote

This seller's commitment is not accurate to sell the parts to buyers.
pushed rush to purchase the parts to me several times by emails....
(Appealing how much the parts is very rare and decent condition without pics)
They only accept to receive a check by priority mail. not PayPal.

Now he says that will not sell and send the parts to out of state. Nice... Very Happy
I will not approach to him anymore. No way !!!!!

just waste my time and feel bad. (give me back my half hour in my life Laughing )
Judge yourself before buy from them.
even if they have attractive parts for you...
Now I understand lot of buyers are talking about the person have to avoid.

Last edited by mikesundobu on Wed Feb 22, 2023 1:37 am; edited 1 time in total
realrecycledjack
Samba Member

PostPosted: Tue Feb 21, 2023 5:40 pm    Post subject: Re: realrecycledjack - Jack Finn - [email protected] Reply with quote

get real he wanted a used windshield shipped from michigan to california so he could look at it on paypal .

what planet does he live on

never in a million years would i nor did consider this .

people like this write bad revies on the samba and give samba buyers a bad name ,
vwuguy Premium Member
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sat Feb 25, 2023 12:47 pm    Post subject: Re: realrecycledjack - Jack Finn - [email protected] Reply with quote

I purchased a rebuilt short block engine off Jack and many parts and other items off Jack over the last 15 years . The engine was better than described fit my bus perfectly ran great got many miles out of it. Jack knew exactly what i was looking for and helped out Huge. He is great vw person to deal with! He went out of his way to meet up with my buddy for the engine. It was rebuilt and the exact year as descibed.
Thanks Jack for the engine that got me through 2 years of driving the bus and now its in a dunebuggy!
I'd buy from him again. a++ seller cheers!
SWFL
Samba Member

PostPosted: Mon Apr 10, 2023 6:12 pm    Post subject: Re: realrecycledjack - Jack Finn - [email protected] Reply with quote

The business isn't in Auburn Hills MI, or Farmington Hills MI, but in Warren MI at 10 mile and Mound Rd. For a VW "enthusiast" business, there isn't any VWs in the employee parking lot. Only a broken down Golf that has been sitting for at least 2 months and the Caddy parked on the other side. I drive by there multiple times a day for work.
realrecycledjack
Samba Member

PostPosted: Mon Apr 10, 2023 8:05 pm    Post subject: Re: realrecycledjack - Jack Finn - [email protected] Reply with quote

...... You are welcome to come and visit me in auburn hills at 2500 commercial dr auburn hills . In the same building since 1980 . i am older than some and some say i am senile but i don't think i have passes to an other life , maybe i have and nobody told me . yes we are still in AUBURN HILL , SAME PLACE .

Our website RECYCLEDJACK.COM has been broken but it is up now .
our shop is open a limited house so email [email protected] or call 248-789-38o3 in advance . if i am truly dead someone should tell me and i will try what come next .
westy_LA_fade_away
Samba Member

PostPosted: Thu Apr 27, 2023 1:51 pm    Post subject: Re: realrecycledjack - Jack Finn - [email protected] Reply with quote

Jack was actually super-helpful with me on a middle seat. He answered multiple emails quickly, gave me more info than I actually knew I needed for a particular application, and even worked with me on the price. I appreciated his directness and quick replies to my questions.

I'm going to try to pick up a few other trannys for more options.

Quote:
JacsWagen

Sometimes function over looks isn't bad, unless you're at a bar.

Cheers!

Marc Schumer
1990 Westfalia Camper
[email protected]

_______
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website MSN Messenger Facebook Twitter Instagram Gallery Classifieds Feedback
Reply to topic    Forum Index -> Buyer and Seller Feedback All times are Mountain Standard Time/Pacific Daylight Savings Time
Page: Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2

Jump to: