Hello! Log in or Register   |  Help  |  Donate  |  Buy Shirts See all banner ads | Advertise on TheSamba.com  
TheSamba.com

What's this Ghia part and Where does it go?
Page: Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 33, 34, 35, 36, 37  Next
Jump to:
Forum Index -> Ghia Share: Facebook Twitter
Reply to topic
Quick sort: Show newest posts on top | Show oldest posts on top View previous topic :: View next topic  
rbsurfguy
Samba Member

Location: Fairfax, Northern Virginia Formerly Huntington Beach, SoCal

PostPosted: Mon Jul 25, 2022 7:16 pm    Post subject: Re: What's this Ghia part and Where does it go? Reply with quote

Thank you Andy, it's not a priority, just looking to mount the switch if just to not lose the part and have the original switch in place. I may actually use the spot for another switch I'm thinking of connecting to something. Appreciate the offer of course!
Jeff

See my build on The Samba at:
Jeff's 71 Vert Restoration/Reassembly http://www.thesamba.com/vw/forum/viewtopic.php?t=6...highlight=
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Gallery Classifieds Feedback
Viktor Cz.
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sat Jul 30, 2022 12:38 pm    Post subject: Re: What's this Ghia part and Where does it go? Reply with quote

Kamax bolts!
Anyone knows where these bolts are supposed to sit?
The bolts are M10 threaded and have a relative small head (14mm).
Normally M10 bolts have a 17mm head.
Length 35mm (in total)

Image may have been reduced in size. Click image to view fullscreen.

Karmann Ghia coupe 1966
VW ID.4 2023
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website Gallery Classifieds Feedback
NoDents
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sat Jul 30, 2022 4:23 pm    Post subject: Re: What's this Ghia part and Where does it go? Reply with quote

I believe they are the real axle seal cover bolts for a swing axle.

1963 Bug - Sold in 1980
1966 Karmann Ghia Convertible - Stolen in 1988
1971 Karmann Ghia Convertible, resto/mod COMPLETED 10/2020
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Gallery Classifieds Feedback
rbsurfguy
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sun Aug 14, 2022 5:12 pm    Post subject: Re: What's this Ghia part and Where does it go? Reply with quote

Can someone tell me what this connector is called? I can't remember and need to look for a similar model for larger gauge wire connections.

Also, I found these springs amongst my many parts. I am thinking they connect to and go under the front seats, but have no idea where exactly they hook up. Can someone confirm if these are seat springs, connecting to the rails, or something else?

Thanks
Jeff

Jeff's 71 Vert Restoration/Reassembly http://www.thesamba.com/vw/forum/viewtopic.php?t=6...highlight=
Marcdeb
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sun Aug 14, 2022 5:43 pm    Post subject: Re: What's this Ghia part and Where does it go? Reply with quote

Those large springs do appear to be the springs that go under the front seats. I recently read somewhere that they only go on certain years. Not sure if that's true or not but hopefully someone will give more information about them.

I think your connector part is called a Terminal block. ??

Previously Owned:
2011 VW EOS Hard Top Conv
2008 Saab 9-3 2.0T Conv
2003 Saab 9-3 SE Conv
2001 Saab 9-3 Conv
1998 BMW 3 Series Conv
1997 Saab 900 Conv
1997 Mazda Miata

68 Ghia Vert Survivor with 22,350 miles: https://www.thesamba.com/vw/forum/viewtopic.php?t=768107&highlight=
71 Ghia Vert Restoration: https://www.thesamba.com/vw/forum/viewtopic.php?t=726710&postorder=asc
rbsurfguy
Samba Member

PostPosted: Mon Aug 15, 2022 10:54 am    Post subject: Re: What's this Ghia part and Where does it go? Reply with quote

Awesome, thank you Marc
Jeff

Biouno
Samba Member

PostPosted: Fri Oct 21, 2022 6:04 pm    Post subject: Re: What's this Ghia part and Where does it go? Reply with quote

Hello, I have this speedometer, I think it is from Ghia, but I would like you to confirm what year it is or better to know if it is from Ghia or what car it could be. Thanks.

Tal vez tu carro no pueda gustarle a todo el mundo, pero lo importante es que te guste a ti. Al fin y al cabo fue tu dinero el que logro terminarlo.

VW Escarabajo 1955
VW Combi 1967
VW Jetta GLI 2011
Marcdeb
Samba Member

PostPosted: Fri Oct 21, 2022 7:37 pm    Post subject: Re: What's this Ghia part and Where does it go? Reply with quote

The numbers "4 65" is for April 1965 I believe. I'm not 100% sure, but it does not look like it matches the 65 Ghias.

Previously Owned:
2008 Saab 9-3 2.0T Conv
2003 Saab 9-3 SE Conv
2001 Saab 9-3 Conv
1998 BMW 3 Series Conv
1997 Saab 900 Conv
1997 Mazda Miata

68 Ghia Vert Survivor with 22,350 miles: https://www.thesamba.com/vw/forum/viewtopic.php?t=768107&highlight=
71 Ghia Vert Restoration: https://www.thesamba.com/vw/forum/viewtopic.php?t=726710&postorder=asc
Marcdeb
Samba Member

PostPosted: Tue Oct 25, 2022 10:47 am    Post subject: Re: What's this Ghia part and Where does it go? Reply with quote

While searching through a rotted out 71 Ghia Vert yesterday I found some pieces that I'm no familiar with. Does anyone recognise these? They were both found in the back seat area along with ripped up carpet, hub caps, and lots of stuff that had nothing to do with Ghias.

The first part is a long piece of Masonite type board. It's 42 inches long by 3 inches wide. It looks like it might have been mounted with glue but there is one short bracket nail in the center. I'm thinking maybe it goes at the back under the rear window. If so I'd like to use it as a pattern to make one for my 71 when I put the interior together.

this piece is made of felt like material. Also found in the in the pile of trash in the back seat area. It's a bit over 1/8 inch thick. Not sure if the imprint of the circle in the middle is a clue or if that circle was caused by something laying on top of it?

Previously Owned:
2008 Saab 9-3 2.0T Conv
2003 Saab 9-3 SE Conv
2001 Saab 9-3 Conv
1998 BMW 3 Series Conv
1997 Saab 900 Conv
1997 Mazda Miata

mouse action
Samba Member

PostPosted: Tue Oct 25, 2022 11:05 am    Post subject: Re: What's this Ghia part and Where does it go? Reply with quote

Marc,where are you finding all these Ghias ?
Is Vermont where they all went to die ?
kiwighia68
Samba Member

PostPosted: Tue Oct 25, 2022 11:20 am    Post subject: Re: What's this Ghia part and Where does it go? Reply with quote

Marcdeb wrote:
While searching through a rotted out 71 Ghia Vert yesterday I found some pieces that I'm no familiar with. Does anyone recognise these? They were both found in the back seat area along with ripped up carpet, hub caps, and lots of stuff that had nothing to do with Ghias.

The first part is a long piece of Masonite type board. It's 42 inches long by 3 inches wide. It looks like it might have been mounted with glue but there is one short bracket nail in the center. I'm thinking maybe it goes at the back under the rear window. If so I'd like to use it as a pattern to make one for my 71 when I put the interior together.

this piece is made of felt like material. Also found in the in the pile of trash in the back seat area. It's a bit over 1/8 inch thick. Not sure if the imprint of the circle in the middle is a clue or if that circle was caused by something laying on top of it?

Marc, the first item fits immediately behind the back seat, from one wheel arch to the other. There should be a "pillar" in the middle where you can either nail it to keep it in place, or slip it in behind to hold it fast. Chris M
Marcdeb
Samba Member

PostPosted: Tue Oct 25, 2022 11:22 am    Post subject: Re: What's this Ghia part and Where does it go? Reply with quote

mouse action wrote:
Marc,where are you finding all these Ghias ?
Is Vermont where they all went to die ?

Laughing I wish. there's not a lot of Ghias in Vermont, I only know of 3 Ghias that are rotted beyond repair and being parted out. They are all at John's Car Corner in Westminster Vermont. His business has been around since the 70's I think. He's a legend in the VW business. I love going down there and chatting with him and looking through parts.

Previously Owned:
2008 Saab 9-3 2.0T Conv
2003 Saab 9-3 SE Conv
2001 Saab 9-3 Conv
1998 BMW 3 Series Conv
1997 Saab 900 Conv
1997 Mazda Miata

Marcdeb
Samba Member

PostPosted: Tue Oct 25, 2022 11:30 am    Post subject: Re: What's this Ghia part and Where does it go? Reply with quote

Thank you Chris,
I looked in the 71 and I see where it goes. So this is for 69.5 and up only. Glad I brought it home.

Previously Owned:
2008 Saab 9-3 2.0T Conv
2003 Saab 9-3 SE Conv
2001 Saab 9-3 Conv
1998 BMW 3 Series Conv
1997 Saab 900 Conv
1997 Mazda Miata

blue72beetle
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sun Oct 30, 2022 9:09 am    Post subject: Re: What's this Ghia part and Where does it go? Reply with quote

What is this hole that the shop light is hanging from?

kiwighia68
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sun Oct 30, 2022 2:42 pm    Post subject: Re: What's this Ghia part and Where does it go? Reply with quote

blue72beetle wrote:
What is this hole that the shop light is hanging from?

The Sway Bar (Z-bar) fits there.

jeffrey8164 Premium Member
Samba Member

PostPosted: Wed Feb 15, 2023 7:45 am    Post subject: Re: What's this Ghia part and Where does it go? Reply with quote

That’s for a swing axle though so not for your IRS

“Let he that is without oil throw the first rod”
(Compression 8.7:1)
JoeyBagaDonutz
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sun Feb 19, 2023 12:09 pm    Post subject: Re: What's this Ghia part and Where does it go? Reply with quote

71 vert...The indicated parts on both my hinge covers are broken in the middle. Can't tell if they are stops or clips from this pic. I'd appreciate a closeup pic from a different angle so I can re-create the broken middle part using the ol' superglue/baking soda method....or maybe just a description of what they do or are called. Thanks!
Joey
1971 Karmann Ghia Vert
SundayKaye
Samba Member

PostPosted: Mon Feb 20, 2023 1:03 pm    Post subject: Re: What's this Ghia part and Where does it go? Reply with quote

Hello, everyone! I haven’t been here in 15 yrs! I was restoring a 68 Ghia but my marriage ended and she ended up parked for 15yrs. Well, I’ve taken her back because circumstances have changed a bit and I’d like to start working on the body. I live in Maryland and I had no choice but to park it where I could (my grandparent’s house) because I had nowhere else I could put it. Maryland is not kind to old cars. The body was in pretty good shape when that happened but now…eh, not so much. The bottom front rusted. I’m trying to order a replacement part but I want to be sure it’s the right one and the labels on different sites are confusing. Can someone tell me if this is correct? Thank you so much! I really don’t want to get the wrong part. The rust goes from wheel to wheel across the bottom front.

kingkarmann
Samba Member

PostPosted: Wed Feb 22, 2023 9:19 am    Post subject: Re: What's this Ghia part and Where does it go? Reply with quote

SundayKaye wrote:
Hello, everyone! I haven’t been here in 15 yrs! I was restoring a 68 Ghia but my marriage ended and she ended up parked for 15yrs. Well, I’ve taken her back because circumstances have changed a bit and I’d like to start working on the body. I live in Maryland and I had no choice but to park it where I could (my grandparent’s house) because I had nowhere else I could put it. Maryland is not kind to old cars. The body was in pretty good shape when that happened but now…eh, not so much. The bottom front rusted. I’m trying to order a replacement part but I want to be sure it’s the right one and the labels on different sites are confusing. Can someone tell me if this is correct? Thank you so much! I really don’t want to get the wrong part. The rust goes from wheel to wheel across the bottom front.

Yes, that looks to be the correct panel.
You may have better responses if you start a new thread in the regular Ghia forums. Posts in the Stickies tend to get overlooked.
Welcome back and keep us updated on your progress!

Mike Gerson

What is your "Bespoke Reality"?
kman
Samba Member

PostPosted: Wed Feb 22, 2023 10:01 am    Post subject: Re: What's this Ghia part and Where does it go? Reply with quote

JoeyBagaDonutz wrote:

71 vert...The indicated parts on both my hinge covers are broken in the middle. Can't tell if they are stops or clips from this pic. I'd appreciate a closeup pic from a different angle so I can re-create the broken middle part using the ol' superglue/baking soda method....or maybe just a description of what they do or are called. Thanks!
Joey

It's a hook for hanging your seatbelt clasp on so you don't have to dig beside the seat for it. https://www2.cip1.com/vwc-111-857-723-a2/
Reply to topic    Forum Index -> Ghia All times are Mountain Standard Time/Pacific Daylight Savings Time
Page: Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 33, 34, 35, 36, 37  Next
Jump to:
Page 34 of 37

Jump to: