Hello! Log in or Register   |  Help  |  Donate  |  Buy Shirts See all banner ads | Advertise on TheSamba.com  
TheSamba.com

Thermostat flap setup
Forum Index -> Type 3 Share: Facebook Twitter
Reply to topic
Quick sort: Show newest posts on top | Show oldest posts on top View previous topic :: View next topic  
mxracer
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sat Dec 10, 2011 7:35 am    Post subject: Thermostat flap setup Reply with quote

When setting up the thermostat flaps on a late model should the flaps be open some (1/2" or so) cold or should they be completely closed when cold?

Thanks
Woreign
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sat Dec 10, 2011 10:26 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

When I set my flaps, I disconnected the bellows unit from the bracket and pushed it up to where it would be when warm/expanded. Then I set the flaps to be fully opened. This way there is no chance of the flaps not opening all the way. As for how far they close when cold, I'm not sure and it's not a big concern for me...
Brent
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sat Dec 10, 2011 11:03 am    Post subject: Re: Thermostat flap setup Reply with quote

mxracer wrote:
When setting up the thermostat flaps on a late model should the flaps be open some (1/2" or so) cold or should they be completely closed when cold?

Thanks

1/2" is too much. More like 1-2mm cold, would need to check the Bentley. Then you get a little bit of hot air blowing over the thermostat.
mxracer
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sat Dec 10, 2011 3:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks Brent... I'm so caught up in RE-building my new engine I didn't even think about looking in the Bentley. I'll give it a look.

Sounds like another thing the "engine builder" I had help me jacked up. Evil or Very Mad
Brent
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sat Dec 10, 2011 4:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

mxracer wrote:
Thanks Brent... I'm so caught up in RE-building my new engine I didn't even think about looking in the Bentley. I'll give it a look.

Sounds like another thing the "engine builder" I had help me jacked up. Evil or Very Mad

While your at it you could cut a notch into the 1,2 side end of the rod with a dremel. Put it together lined up with the flaps. Then you can check the position when it's all put together. IF it were ever to get stuck you have a spot for a flathead screwdriver to move it manually.
mxracer
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sat Dec 10, 2011 4:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yeah, nice idea, thanks.
Reply to topic    Forum Index -> Type 3 All times are Mountain Standard Time/Pacific Daylight Savings Time
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: