Hello! Log in or Register   |  Help  |  Donate  |  Buy Shirts See all banner ads | Advertise on TheSamba.com  
TheSamba.com

Vanagon Youtube videos; yeah this is happening...
Page: Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18  Next
Jump to:
Forum Index -> Vanagon Share: Facebook Twitter
Reply to topic
Quick sort: Show newest posts on top | Show oldest posts on top View previous topic :: View next topic  
RoryGirl
Samba Member

PostPosted: Mon Nov 25, 2019 6:41 pm    Post subject: Re: Vanagon Youtube videos; yeah this is happening... Reply with quote

Not a Vanagon...V8 Bay

Link

Jake de Villiers
Samba Member

PostPosted: Tue Nov 26, 2019 9:57 am    Post subject: Re: Vanagon Youtube videos; yeah this is happening... Reply with quote

RoryGirl wrote:
Not a Vanagon...V8 Bay

Link

I really like his radiator cap placement! "You need a high point to fill the rad."
http://sites.google.com/site/subyjake/mydixiedarlin%27
www.crescentbeachguitar.com
www.thebassspa.com
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website Instagram Gallery Classifieds Feedback
RoryGirl
Samba Member

PostPosted: Tue Dec 17, 2019 5:18 pm    Post subject: Re: Vanagon Youtube videos; yeah this is happening... Reply with quote

Another Bay (I know..not on topic) in Everlast's new video

Link

clift_d
Samba Member

PostPosted: Fri Dec 20, 2019 3:45 am    Post subject: Re: Vanagon Youtube videos; yeah this is happening... Reply with quote

RoryGirl wrote:
Not a Vanagon...V8 Bay

Link

Shocked I was a bit surprised by the driving sections ... don't you need to wear seatbelts in the US?
campism
Samba Member

PostPosted: Fri Dec 20, 2019 6:20 am    Post subject: Re: Vanagon Youtube videos; yeah this is happening... Reply with quote

clift_d wrote:
:shock: I was a bit surprised by the driving sections ... don't you need to wear seatbelts in the US?

Laws probably vary by state. By now most states probably have compulsory seatbelt use laws, but not all states require belts if the vehicle was not originally equipped with them. That bay most likely had them but my '55 Chevy panel truck did not.

*edit*

Laws. With the exception of New Hampshire, all states and the District of Columbia require adult front-seat occupants to use seat belts. Adult rear-seat passengers also are covered by the laws in 30 states and the District of Columbia. Thirty-four states and the District of Columbia have primary enforcement. (This means you can be stopped for not using belts, whereas in the remainder you can be ticketed for not wearing belts if stopped for a different reason.)
0to60in6min
Samba Member

PostPosted: Fri Dec 20, 2019 11:52 am    Post subject: Re: Vanagon Youtube videos; yeah this is happening... Reply with quote

I watched the Peter Brock's video... very nice bus, nice work...

but I wonder why he chose American V8 instead a Porsche 911 engine? With his skills he can do anything... with the 911 engine he will have the whole package all German and with a 911 air cooled he won't have to cut the front panel...
E1
Samba Member

PostPosted: Fri Dec 20, 2019 1:01 pm    Post subject: Re: Vanagon Youtube videos; yeah this is happening... Reply with quote

RoryGirl wrote:
Not a Vanagon...V8 Bay

Link

Loved the video, and Peter is great.

But I'd sure never have imagined the terms "BRE Bay-Buick" being used together. Cool

I knew of him all the way back to 1971, where he firstly and personally put Datsun/Nissan on the racing map with the 510 program in the Under 2-liter portion of the Trans-Am series. Racing benefitted for decades from that introduction, thanks to Peter.

(this is about that: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rujxd5Grxb4 )

— Colin Chapman
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Gallery Classifieds Feedback
RoryGirl
Samba Member

PostPosted: Tue Dec 24, 2019 8:06 pm    Post subject: Re: Vanagon Youtube videos; yeah this is happening... Reply with quote

T3 Basketball net @ 3:00

Link

fxr
Samba Member

PostPosted: Tue Dec 24, 2019 8:20 pm    Post subject: Re: Vanagon Youtube videos; yeah this is happening... Reply with quote

I have to ask - HTF did you find that?
RoryGirl
Samba Member

PostPosted: Tue Dec 24, 2019 9:51 pm    Post subject: Re: Vanagon Youtube videos; yeah this is happening... Reply with quote

Youtube algorithm + boredom
Jake de Villiers
Samba Member

PostPosted: Wed Dec 25, 2019 11:11 am    Post subject: Re: Vanagon Youtube videos; yeah this is happening... Reply with quote

RoryGirl wrote:

Link

Cool!
As someone who formerly autocrossed a Fiat 124 Special, I'm digging the Ladas! And the Moskvitch (?) roadster.
www.thebassspa.com
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website Instagram Gallery Classifieds Feedback
jayinduluth
Samba Member

PostPosted: Mon Dec 30, 2019 9:16 am    Post subject: Re: Vanagon Youtube videos; yeah this is happening... Reply with quote

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Um4thL_vVFo
E1
Samba Member

PostPosted: Mon Dec 30, 2019 9:41 am    Post subject: Re: Vanagon Youtube videos; yeah this is happening... Reply with quote

Jake de Villiers wrote:
RoryGirl wrote:

Link

Cool!
As someone who formerly autocrossed a Fiat 124 Special, I'm digging the Ladas! And the Moskvitch (?) roadster.

Ha, first car I ever bought was a '76 131S.

I don't get the broken suspension look, nor why I get arrested every time I wear shorts like those trophy girls. Wink

Life is sooo complicated. Laughing

— Colin Chapman
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Gallery Classifieds Feedback
Jake de Villiers
Samba Member

PostPosted: Mon Dec 30, 2019 11:43 am    Post subject: Re: Vanagon Youtube videos; yeah this is happening... Reply with quote

E1 wrote:
Jake de Villiers wrote:
RoryGirl wrote:

Link

Cool!

Ha, first car I ever bought was a '76 131S.

I don't get the broken suspension look, nor why I get arrested every time I wear shorts like those trophy girls. Wink

Life is sooo complicated. Laughing

Hah! I don't even understand 'drifting contests'...
www.thebassspa.com
RoryGirl
Samba Member

PostPosted: Fri Jan 10, 2020 11:48 pm    Post subject: Re: Vanagon Youtube videos; yeah this is happening... Reply with quote

T3 that says Porsche on the front @ 8:29

Link

campism
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sat Jan 11, 2020 6:42 am    Post subject: Re: Vanagon Youtube videos; yeah this is happening... Reply with quote

Snip assist:
Image may have been reduced in size. Click image to view fullscreen.

RoryGirl
Samba Member

PostPosted: Mon Jan 20, 2020 2:18 am    Post subject: Re: Vanagon Youtube videos; yeah this is happening... Reply with quote

It's got a Subaru swap

Link

RoryGirl
Samba Member

PostPosted: Tue Jan 28, 2020 6:04 am    Post subject: Re: Vanagon Youtube videos; yeah this is happening... Reply with quote

Link

joetiger Premium Member
Samba Member

PostPosted: Wed Feb 12, 2020 2:51 pm    Post subject: Re: Vanagon Youtube videos; yeah this is happening... Reply with quote

I really like that fella's attitude. I love that he's modified the van to fit his needs.

These guys...I was just made aware of their video series and I now know what I'm doing for the next several hours:

Link

'86 NAHT Vanagon GL Syncro/ supercharged ABA 2.0 "Pigpen"
'04 GTI 1.8T
'04 Golf R32

"get metaphysical with it. if it's simply a means to get to and from places, it will let you down. if it becomes your zen, it can't fail you." -dabaron

"Still, it's good to be afield."--VWagabond

Available Now! Vanagon to Louisiana--A Two-Lane Reckoning Through Past and Present

www.josephtrussell.com
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Instagram Gallery Classifieds Feedback
4Gears4Tires
Samba Member

PostPosted: Wed Feb 12, 2020 8:32 pm    Post subject: Re: Vanagon Youtube videos; yeah this is happening... Reply with quote

@ 9:38, "Hast du denn jetzt ein bisschen Angst?" Laughing
Reply to topic    Forum Index -> Vanagon All times are Mountain Standard Time/Pacific Daylight Savings Time
Page: Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18  Next
Jump to:
Page 14 of 18

Jump to: