Hello! Log in or Register   |  Help  |  Donate  |  Buy Shirts See all banner ads | Advertise on TheSamba.com  
TheSamba.com

Front heater fan replacement questions.....
Forum Index -> Vanagon Share: Facebook Twitter
Reply to topic
Quick sort: Show newest posts on top | Show oldest posts on top View previous topic :: View next topic  
Oceanpro907
Samba Member

PostPosted: Mon Dec 26, 2011 6:06 pm    Post subject: Front heater fan replacement questions..... Reply with quote

Hey there Syncro / vanagon gurus......87 tin top syncro/ bostig...etc...

I have embarked on the thankless task of replacing the front heater and fan.
Man huge thanks for the Ben's place instructions...They were solid and I got it taken out, without breaking anything in a few hours. no where near as bad a job as removing the syncro fuel tank but nasty none the less.

here is my problem.... I pulled the old fan out and it has two wires going to it on one brown wire on a spade connector and two yellow wires crimped into one spade connector. One if female and one male....Standard set up I imagine, all coming from a relay.

Well the new fan has a red and brown wire with different connections.... Yes I can and will jumper the old wires to the new ones to see if they make the fan work but I would appreciate the low down from someone on here as to which wire goes where before i glue it back together.I would suck( literally) if I hooked it up backwards.......Sorry had to say it......

Thanks in advance for any help with this little problem.
Basilbomb
Samba Member

PostPosted: Mon Dec 26, 2011 11:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

As I recall the brown was ground and the two yellow positive. The generic fan you have should be the same but red is typical for positive. That's how I would connect it but you can easily check with jumper wires to make sure it spins in correct direction.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Gallery Classifieds Feedback
Reply to topic    Forum Index -> Vanagon All times are Mountain Standard Time/Pacific Daylight Savings Time
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: