Hello! Log in or Register   |  Help  |  Donate  |  Buy Shirts See all banner ads | Advertise on TheSamba.com  
TheSamba.com

VW Classic Weekend 2012 - June 10, 2012
Page: 1, 2, 3 ... 11, 12, 13  Next
Jump to:
Forum Index -> Shows/Events/Camping/Clubs Share: Facebook Twitter
Reply to topic
Quick sort: Show newest posts on top | Show oldest posts on top View previous topic :: View next topic  
reggaeman_br
Samba Member

PostPosted: Mon Dec 19, 2011 10:37 am    Post subject: VW Classic Weekend 2012 - June 10, 2012 Reply with quote

Information from late in this thread
Image may have been reduced in size. Click image to view fullscreen.

here is a tenetive schedule i got from Big Herb for some stuff going on during the week of the classic:

To: CLASSIC CAR GUY (Online)
Posted: Wed Apr 04, 2012 7:26 am
Subject: Re: CLASSIC 2012
Here’s what I have so far

VW Classic
Sunday June 10th
Gates open at 6:30am
Car show award ceremony will be at 2:30pm

Pre-VW Classic Events
Wednesday June 6th
Blackstar 2012 Annual Camp-Out. Date's are from Wednesday, June 6th to Sunday, 10th 2012 You can arrive Wednesday night after 5:00 PM if you would like. If you come on Thursday it will be $30.00 for the weekend If you come on Friday it will be $25.00 for the 2 nights If you come on Saturday it will be $20.00 for the Night If you come down on Wednesday it will be a free night of camping for Wednesday only. You will have to pay for Thursday - Saturday For Further Information contact: [email protected] / 909-868-8761 or [email protected] / 909-709-1269.
http://www.keepitstock.com/blackstar/default.html

Wednesday June 6th
(Moskeeter) Der Primer Panzers Pre Classic Hangout
Wednesday June 08, 2011
At Imperial Burger 6201 Lincoln Ave Buena Park, CA 90620

Wednesday June 6th
Kustom Wagens Pre Classic Hangout
Wednesday June 08, 2011
Wednesday Night from 7:00pm to 9:00pm at the city of Downey, at the Corner of Lakewood and Florence at the Oldest McDonalds in the world we welcome every VW to come and join our club.

Thursday June 7th
(DHK) Die Hafen Kafers Pre Classic Hangout
Thursday June 09, 2011
At the Old Skool McDonalds 20315 S Avalon Blvd Carson, Ca 90746, at 7:00pm until you go home.
For info click on link below
http://www.dhkvwclub.com/

Thursday June 7th
New for this year is a night of Go Kart at K1 Speed in Irvine. We have rented the track for the night are giving the opportunity to our special customers to reserve their seats first. Do not delay. Spaces are very limited and will be advertising the night heavily in a couple of days. Visit K1 Speed to reserve your seat.

Friday June 8th
Vee Dub parts Unlimited Classic Weekend Open house 17031 Newland Street, Huntington Beach, CA 92647. Join us for the 7th annual Open House. If you're in town for the VW Classic be sure to come by, we are minutes from all the Classic events. Rick and the crew from CB Performance will be helping us serve up a top notch lunch and displaying their newest products. This event has become one of the biggest and best events of the Classic Week. Don't miss it! Come by anytime between 9:00am and 5:00pm. Come fill your belly here and save your money for the swap meet on Sunday! Call for more info, 714-848-8868 WWW.VWPARTS.NET
DKP will have their annual cruise night at Nick's Burgers located at 1712 West Orangethorpe Ave. in Fullerton, CA 92833 from 4:00 to 10:00

Saturday June 9th
The Orange County Transporter Organization presents the annual "O.C.T.O. SHOW 2011" It's a swap & display meet for '67 and earlier Type 2's,**THIS YEAR NEW LOCATION!!** Long beach veterans stadium 4901 East Conant Street Long Beach, CA 90808
Call 714-374-7506 or octo.org.

Saturday June 9th
One of the highlights of the annual VW Classic weekend is the VW COLLECTIBLES SHOW held at the host hotel, the Irvine Crowne Plaza Hotel, on Saturday afternoon, the day before the VW Classic. The doors open to the public at 2pm giving everyone a chance to check out the OCTO show in the morning. Spectators are $5, kids under 12 are free. For further information or to get a table contact Rich Kimball at 714-544-1759.
Toy & Literature Show
Saturday June 9,2011
June 11th - Toy & Literature Show - Irvine, CA
Crowne Plaza 17941 Von Karman Irvine, CA 92614
For info click on link below
http://www.bugin.com

Saturday June 9th
Clyde Berg Bowling
Saturday June 9,2011
(Looking for more info on this event)

Im sure it will have additions and some changes as we get closer, buts its pretty close to last year and it all was a BLAST!!! =D> :bus_blue:

Original post:
hi guys I'm from Brazil and I'm thinking of visiting this event ... anyone have news on dates? thanks
jackflash
Samba Member

PostPosted: Mon Dec 19, 2011 10:57 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi it is always the 2nd week in june
63 Bug
67 Bus
69 Square Back
2 Race Rails
74 THING
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website Gallery Classifieds Feedback
reggaeman_br
Samba Member

PostPosted: Mon Dec 19, 2011 11:15 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

thanks for the info.... could give me any tips on hotel next to the event? priced if possible .... Thank you very much
EverettB Premium Member
Administrator

PostPosted: Mon Dec 19, 2011 4:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Check out http://www.bugorama.com for information
Stop dead photo links! Post your photos to The Samba Gallery!
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website Facebook Instagram Gallery Classifieds Feedback
zibi
Samba Member

PostPosted: Wed Dec 21, 2011 3:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi reggaeman,
I stayed at the Crowne Plaza Hotel in Irvine and it's the place to be. I went there last year. If you contact them and tell them you are staying for the classic week, they usually do a special price.
Red Bus
1976 181 Trekker 1776cc
http://zibisplit.blogspot.com/
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Classifieds Feedback
reggaeman_br
Samba Member

PostPosted: Wed Dec 21, 2011 6:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

zibi wrote:
Hi reggaeman,
I stayed at the Crowne Plaza Hotel in Irvine and it's the place to be. I went there last year. If you contact them and tell them you are staying for the classic week, they usually do a special price.
:bus_red:

thanks for the tip friend ... we look for this hotel .... I guess this must be the best event of the United States
ned
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sun Jan 01, 2012 7:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yea, they will give you a "Special" price. Wink If you like hot asphalt. no shade and bad atitude it is the best show in the world. The redeeming thing is there are a hellauvalota cars that show up.
Soul Built
Pimpin' Aint Easy

PostPosted: Wed Jan 04, 2012 8:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

ned wrote:
The redeeming thing is there are a hellauvalota BADASS cars that show up.

Fixed it for ya Wink
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Gallery Classifieds Feedback
arod
Samba Member

PostPosted: Wed Mar 14, 2012 5:20 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

anybody know when the host hotel starts offering the special 'rates' for the classic? need to book them rooms!
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Gallery Classifieds Feedback
will s.
Samba Member

PostPosted: Wed Mar 14, 2012 6:39 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

They have been doing it already. Give them a call before it's too late! Wink
arod
Samba Member

PostPosted: Wed Mar 14, 2012 7:23 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sweet. I am going to get my rooms this weekend!
CLASSIC CAR GUY
Transport and Title Guru

PostPosted: Wed Mar 14, 2012 9:53 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

HOTEL INFO:

http://www.crowneplaza.com/hotels/us/en/irvine/lax...entid=1863
61' Type 1
62' Type 1
64' Type 1
66' Type 1
66' Vert'
67' Type 1

"every one wants to reinvent the wheel, but nobody knows how to make it round"

Vintage Volkswagen Sales and Service as well as Classics and Muslcecars all located here in Phoenix Arizona at www.rpmotorcars.com
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Facebook Twitter Gallery Classifieds Feedback
splitpile
Samba's Worst Speller

PostPosted: Thu Mar 22, 2012 5:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

arod wrote:
anybody know when the host hotel starts offering the special 'rates' for the classic? need to book them rooms!

I got my rooms a month ago and they said they were almost full. They did have 5 suites left though. Got one of those and a regular room. Once they sell out the first round they seem to open more up for the classic weekend
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address Gallery Classifieds Feedback
Yustrn
JHC Controla

PostPosted: Thu Mar 22, 2012 6:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

splitpile wrote:
arod wrote:

I got my rooms a month ago and they said they were almost full. They did have 5 suites left though. Got one of those and a regular room. Once they sell out the first round they seem to open more up for the classic weekend

If you can afford a suite you can afford a few rounds at the bar!!! LOL Very Happy
obus Premium Member
Samba Member

PostPosted: Thu Mar 22, 2012 6:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well i am staying not too far away but i am eager to check this all out for the first time. Flying in Wed am and shipping out early afternoon Sunday. Hope to meet the whole lot of you all!

staying here:

http://www.motel6.com/reservations/motel_detail.as...aign=local
1960 Paprika Red Karmann Ghia Convertible aka Schatze L452 built 5/20/60
https://www.thesamba.com/vw/forum/viewtopic.php?t=...highlight=
66 21 window bus built 8/31/65 https://www.thesamba.com/vw/forum/viewtopic.php?t=777273
View user's profile Send private message Facebook Instagram Gallery Classifieds Feedback
splitpile
Samba's Worst Speller

PostPosted: Thu Mar 22, 2012 9:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yustrn wrote:
splitpile wrote:
arod wrote:

If you can afford a suite you can afford a few rounds at the bar!!! LOL Very Happy
Not the bar but in the parking lot Shocked
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address Gallery Classifieds Feedback
RAMZROD
Hammered™ Apparel

PostPosted: Wed Mar 28, 2012 8:12 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

A few of us will be "driving" our vws to Cali from Miami this year. Is there a long distance award? Laughing

looking for vintage plate frame from Ramsey, NJ
Bus Build Page
http://www.hammeredapparel.com
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Facebook Twitter Instagram Gallery Classifieds Feedback
pyrOman
Fire Master

PostPosted: Wed Mar 28, 2012 8:52 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

RAMZROD wrote:
A few of us will be "driving" our vws to Cali from Miami this year. Is there a long distance award? Laughing

I'm sure there is that! Cool

FYI for you easteners: To make sure you get into any show out here, you MUST get there very early!!! Shocked

Unlike the east coast shows where the gates open around 8am or later and you can mosey on down at leisure, you must get there before Dawn's crack sometimes! Matter'O'factly the Classic, as huge a show as it is, has had to close the gates a couple of times BEFORE 9am even!!! So you have been warned. It's okay to party at night but do realize you have to get up early to make the shows! Wink

Hell, at the last OCTO I was among the very last few to "fill" the lot! Embarassed
Bugorama Promotions
Samba Member

PostPosted: Mon Apr 02, 2012 11:18 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

CLASSIC CAR GUY
Transport and Title Guru

PostPosted: Mon Apr 02, 2012 1:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Bugorama Promotions wrote:

sweet poster!!. just counting down the days!!!! Laughing
61' Type 1
62' Type 1
64' Type 1
66' Type 1
66' Vert'
67' Type 1

"every one wants to reinvent the wheel, but nobody knows how to make it round"

Vintage Volkswagen Sales and Service as well as Classics and Muslcecars all located here in Phoenix Arizona at www.rpmotorcars.com
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Facebook Twitter Gallery Classifieds Feedback
Reply to topic    Forum Index -> Shows/Events/Camping/Clubs All times are Mountain Standard Time/Pacific Daylight Savings Time
Page: 1, 2, 3 ... 11, 12, 13  Next
Jump to:
Page 1 of 13

Jump to: