Hello! Log in or Register   |  Help  |  Donate  |  Buy Shirts See all banner ads | Advertise on TheSamba.com  
TheSamba.com

Fiberglass Dune Buggy Owner Locator Map (New)
Page: 1, 2, 3, 4  Next
Forum Index -> Kit Car/Fiberglass Buggy/356 Replica Share: Facebook Twitter
Reply to topic
Quick sort: Show newest posts on top | Show oldest posts on top View previous topic :: View next topic  
Goshen
Samba Member

PostPosted: Tue Aug 14, 2018 8:56 am    Post subject: Re: Fiberglass Dune Buggy Owner Locator Map (New) Reply with quote

Gary0302 wrote:
Hi Goshen,

I highly, highly recommend that you start a completely new thread on this subject. That way, all of the posts from that point forward will contain fresh information.

Ok i will.do just that

My '67 Split Window Bus project :
http://www.thesamba.com/vw/forum/viewtopic.php?t=634144

My '67 Maserati Blue Oceano Bug Build:
https://www.thesamba.com/vw/forum/viewtopic.php?t=541870
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail AIM Address Gallery Classifieds Feedback
Gary0302
Samba Member

PostPosted: Tue Aug 14, 2018 1:37 am    Post subject: Re: Fiberglass Dune Buggy Owner Locator Map (New) Reply with quote

Hi Goshen,

I highly, highly recommend that you start a completely new thread on this subject. That way, all of the posts from that point forward will contain fresh information.

Check out my videos on Youtube

"It's a buggy not a space shuttle...." - Dale M.
"When in doubt, blame it on the previous owner" - Gary0302
Goshen
Samba Member

PostPosted: Mon Aug 13, 2018 11:09 pm    Post subject: Re: Fiberglass Dune Buggy Owner Locator Map (New) Reply with quote

Gary0302 wrote:
Message from creator:
Gary0302 wrote:
Attention to all current and prospective Fiberglass Dune Buggy Owner Locator Map Users (zeemaps.com):

I originally created this map at the end of 2011 by using the template on zeemaps.com, and up to this point, there has been absolutely no charge for me to use this service. I just got notification that, starting April 1, 2018, maximum views will be limited to 100 unless I convert over to one of their pay plans ($19.95 per month and up). I do not plan to accept this option, therefore I will delete the current map some time towards the end of March 2018.

I want to apologize in advance for any inconvenience this may cause current users, and I also want to thank all of you for your participation and cooperation.

Hello Everyone,

Since the old Dune Buggy Locator map appears to have gone bye-bye, I have decided to create one myself. I have tried to test out all variables, so hopefully the map will operate as planned.

The directions at first will appear long and drawn-out, but I believe that I have covered most scenarios. This map is intended to cover owners of fiberglass dune buggies (red markers), along with locations of buggy body and chassis manufacturers (yellow markers), fiberglass dune buggy builders (blue makers) and air cooled VW repair shops (green markers). Please feel free to add a marker for yourself if you want. Instructions are as follows:

Fiberglass Dune Buggy Owner Locator Map – Instructions
Please read these directions from start to finish before actually filling in the required/optional blanks. Once you have filled out all of your chosen informantion and you hit the "Submit" button at the bottom, you will not be able to make and further changes, even when your marker is approved and appears on the map. Requests for changes, modifications, updates, etc need to be sent to [email protected]. Thanks.

The new Fiberglass Dune Buggy Owner Locator map is located at https://www.zeemaps.com/map?group=297983. This map was created to show markers in 4 categories; 1.) Fiberglass Dune Buggy Owners (red markers), 2.) buggy body and chassis manufacturers (yellow markers), 3.) fiberglass dune buggy builders (blue markers), and 4.) Air Cooled VW Repair Shops (green markers). In order to submit your request to have your marker added to the map, please use the following directions. Certain boxes require information to be submitted, others are optional. Please keep all of your information G - Rated, or your request for submittance will be denied:

Click on the Additions button located on the top Navigation Bar at the top of the map, and then select Add Marker - Detailed. A box entitled Add your Entry should appear in the middle of your screen.

1.) Location Tab:

Entry Name (Required), for example; Gary Holbrook or Gary0302's Berrien Dune Buggy, or something similar.

Address, City, Postal Code, County, State (Optional) OR specify a Longitude/Latitude, but your MUST choose between one of the 2 options. If you do not know your Longitude/Latitude, just slide the Add Your Entry box over to the side of the window (by grabbing the Title bar in the same manner that you would move an open window), and use the location controls on the extreme left of the window to zoom in on your requested location. North, South, East and West movement controls are located at the top left corner, with the Zoom control located just below. Once you have determined the location of your marker, click on the Map Select a Location choice in the Location Tab, Click OK on the small Click on Map to select location box, and then just Left Click on the map, then left click ONCE on the map at your desired location. The Longitude/Latitude coordinates will automatically fill in on the Location Tab (you will not yet see the red marker at this point).

IMPORTANT: please do not feel obligated to provide us with your exact location. You may choose any area/street location within your home city area. If you decide to privately enter your address as a marker reference, it will not show up for public viewing.

Marker Color: Red for Fiberglass Dune Buggy Owners,Yellow for Buggy Body and Chassis Manufacturers, Blue for Fiberglass Dune Buggy Builders, and Green for Air Cooled VW Repair Shops.

2.) Details Tab:

Dune Buggy Description or Business Details (Optional), you can name/describe your dune buggy, and if you would like to have others see your email address, you can include it in this block. IMPORTANT: If you are a Air Cooled VW Repair Business, you may want to enter your address and phone number along with featured services in this box as well (it’s the only way this information will be visible for public viewing).

Email (Required), this box WILL NOT be visible to those that visit the map (but it will be visible to the map's administrator). Email addresses WILL NOT be used by the administrator (unless you need to be contacted for entry clarification), and email addresses WILL NOT be used for email distribution or shared with 3rd parties.

Phone (Optional), to be honest, I do not see a need to fill in this blank unless you are an Air Cooled VW Repair Shop; this blank will not be visible to those that visit the map (but it will be visible to the map's administrator).

Website URL (Optional)

Usernames/Forums (Optional), you can show your Username(s) with the domain names of the Forums that you have joined (example: Gary0302 at thesamba.com Forum). That way, others can join the Forum and contact you without having access to your email address.

Facebook link (Optional)

Twitter link (Optional)

3.) Media Tab

Photo (Optional), maximum viewable size is set at 200w x 150h pixels.

Audio (Optional)

YouTube Video ID, maximum viewable size is set at 200w x 150 pixels.

You can then Preview your marker information by making that choice at the bottom of the window; then you can Submit your marker once you are completely satisfied with your included information. IMPORTANT: the Reset Button at the bottom of the window will clear all of the boxes back to blank and you must start the process completely over from the beginning, but it will not work after your have clicked on the Submit button.

IMPORTANT: After you hit the Submit button, you may see one or more address choices drop down from the Address Box. You will either have to select the best choice or determine your Longitude/Latitude coordinates manually before hitting the Submit button again (I agree, it can be confusing). You will then get a confirmation that your Entry was accepted (pending approval by the administrator).

Once you have submitted your marker for approval, please allow at least 48 hours before it actually appears on the map (hopefully, most wait times will be shorter).

If you have any questions or if you want to modify or delete your entry (requests must come from the same email address that is privately listed in your entry), please send them to [email protected]

Thanks,
Gary Holbrook, Fiberglass Dune Buggy Owner Locator Map Administrator

I went ahead and started a NEW MAP and entered our VWAS Mancave as first RED Marker point to get it started. I am not sure how to use it as it is my first time. Also I didn't know if I should make it Public for anyone to locate it even if they don't have the link.. let me know because I need a little help..

Here is the Link:

https://drive.google.com/open?id=1ZUUxAxFvUS4s0qRhSHCpLHpiqhqbAYhp&usp=sharing

View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail AIM Address Gallery Classifieds Feedback
Gary0302
Samba Member

PostPosted: Fri Mar 16, 2018 4:21 pm    Post subject: Re: Fiberglass Dune Buggy Owner Locator Map (New) Reply with quote

Hi Rick,

I'll let someone else look into that, and other alternatives. Thanks for the suggestion.

Rick qc
Samba Member

PostPosted: Fri Mar 16, 2018 4:17 pm    Post subject: Re: Fiberglass Dune Buggy Owner Locator Map (New) Reply with quote

Maybe there could be an alternative using the google maps platform ?
https://support.google.com/mymaps/answer/3024454?co=GENIE.Platform%3DDesktop&hl=en

I think it's free ?
Gary0302
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sat Mar 10, 2018 8:23 am    Post subject: Re: Fiberglass Dune Buggy Owner Locator Map (New) Reply with quote

Attention to all current and prospective Fiberglass Dune Buggy Owner Locator Map Users (zeemaps.com):

I originally created this map at the end of 2011 by using the template on zeemaps.com, and up to this point, there has been absolutely no charge for me to use this service. I just got notification that, starting April 1, 2018, maximum views will be limited to 100 unless I convert over to one of their pay plans ($19.95 per month and up). I do not plan to accept this option, therefore I will delete the current map some time towards the end of March 2018.

I want to apologize in advance for any inconvenience this may cause current users, and I also want to thank all of you for your participation and cooperation.

oprn
Samba Member

PostPosted: Tue Nov 15, 2016 7:35 pm    Post subject: Re: Fiberglass Dune Buggy Owner Locator Map (New) Reply with quote

Sweet idea!

I added my info.
Gary0302
Samba Member

PostPosted: Thu Oct 13, 2016 9:06 pm    Post subject: Re: Fiberglass Dune Buggy Owner Locator Map (New) Reply with quote

Cool deal Goshen, we all look forward to seeing your build hit the road.

Goshen
Samba Member

PostPosted: Thu Oct 13, 2016 8:50 pm    Post subject: Re: Fiberglass Dune Buggy Owner Locator Map (New) Reply with quote

Once i am done with my Manx dune buggy build I will post the location.
Mine sits in a garage so no problem with posting it.
in Miami FL

I am doing the welding on the pan so far

Image may have been reduced in size. Click image to view fullscreen.

Here is the Candy Apple Red color that it will have when completed
Image may have been reduced in size. Click image to view fullscreen.

And here is the link for the build:

http://www.thesamba.com/vw/forum/viewtopic.php?t=659260

Gary0302
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sun Apr 10, 2016 9:21 pm    Post subject: Re: Fiberglass Dune Buggy Owner Locator Map (New) Reply with quote

Hi bugly64, everything looked good on your entry, it should now appear on the map. Thanks.

bugly64
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sun Apr 10, 2016 7:51 pm    Post subject: Re: Fiberglass Dune Buggy Owner Locator Map (New) Reply with quote

I tried again. I entered a valid email also.
Gary0302
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sat Apr 02, 2016 4:51 pm    Post subject: Re: Fiberglass Dune Buggy Owner Locator Map (New) Reply with quote

Several entries that have been submitted within the last couple of weeks have failed to include a valid email address, so once again, and just a friendly reminder.......

Please remember that a valid email address is required to be submitted along with the creation of an entry name, in order for your marker to meet the minimum requirements for approval. Providing your email address in the space provided allows for verification if you decide to contact us for a request to either modify or delete your marker sometime in the future. Your email address will not be visible to the public if you enter it in the designated space provided. If you would like your email address to be visible to others, you can also add it in the "Dune Buggy Description or Business Details" block under the "Details" tab.

For instance, if you decide at a later date that you would like to have a photo or YouTube video added to your marker, you can send updated information/photos/links to [email protected], but the request must come from the email address that you originally listed in your marker.

There have been just a few entries that have either been deleted or not approved based on missing email addresses. If your marker is or one of those affected, please just resubmit your information for approval, thanks

bugly64
Samba Member

PostPosted: Thu Mar 31, 2016 7:42 am    Post subject: Re: Fiberglass Dune Buggy Owner Locator Map (New) Reply with quote

I'm in...
adriaan pienaar
Samba Member

PostPosted: Mon Apr 06, 2015 12:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

OK, I have submitted by buggy - just waiting for the mods to approve - if they do, it will be the first buggy in South Africa, the first on the African continent, and the 4th in the Southern Hemisphere! Cool
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website Facebook Gallery Classifieds Feedback
cdnltded
Samba Member

PostPosted: Mon Mar 30, 2015 10:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

cwat1982 wrote:
I know there are more, but I think I'm taking the the title for the northern most buggy on the map.

well i am not that far north, i am thou in alberta too
down in Pincher Creek
i went throu the step so i hope i did it right,i guess we will see
cwat1982
Samba Member

PostPosted: Mon Mar 30, 2015 7:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I know there are more, but I think I'm taking the the title for the northern most buggy on the map.
Buggy Brian
Samba Member

PostPosted: Wed Jul 02, 2014 11:27 am    Post subject: Columbia AND Jacksonville! Reply with quote

John,
Kind of funny. I live in Columbia during the week, and Kingsland, GA (just north of Jacksonville) during the weekends (travel for work), so we're pretty close as it is. I was at the Summer Volksfest in Jax last weekend, but as a vendor with a bunch of used crap. Didn't have a running, driving VW to take with me, but had fun anyway.
My wife is coming up next weekend, and I'll set my sights on the Drag Night! Thanks!
Brian
-(Scarlett) Manx Resorter #12 (R0012B931S) on 1969 chassis.
-Original Home built buggy that started all. I learned to drive in it back in 1985.
Manx Club Member # 4436

Check out my Loretta here: http://www.manxclub.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=65&t=3365Manx

Scarlett is getting a Makeover! http://manxclub.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=82&t=3745&p=24983#p24983
Lo Cash John
Samba Member

PostPosted: Wed Jul 02, 2014 7:48 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Columbia huh? My in-laws live just outside of there in Lexington. Next time we're up visiting and I feel trapped, I'll look you up.

Oh, MAKE SURE you go to VW Drag Night at the Orangeburg Drag Strip on the 12th. There's a car show, swap meet, vendors and loads of VW drag racing. I'll be there with some buddies.

If you actually drive your VW, you need www.AirMapp.com

My boss told me I need to work on my mutli-tasking. So now when I use the bathroom at work I surf The Samba on my iPhone.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website Gallery Classifieds Feedback
Buggy Brian
Samba Member

PostPosted: Mon Mar 31, 2014 1:04 pm    Post subject: Re: dune buggy locator map Reply with quote

volksman722 wrote:
I am in Darlington SC and am the president of East Coast Volks Folks......... looking for new members or just people to have fun and hang out!!!!!!

You guys have a website? I'm in Irmo/Columbia, and looking for others here in the VW Scene.
-(Scarlett) Manx Resorter #12 (R0012B931S) on 1969 chassis.
-Original Home built buggy that started all. I learned to drive in it back in 1985.
Manx Club Member # 4436

Check out my Loretta here: http://www.manxclub.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=65&t=3365Manx

Scarlett is getting a Makeover! http://manxclub.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=82&t=3745&p=24983#p24983
herkster
Samba Member

PostPosted: Tue Jan 07, 2014 3:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi all...

Added mine...currently under restoration
Reply to topic    Forum Index -> Kit Car/Fiberglass Buggy/356 Replica All times are Mountain Standard Time/Pacific Daylight Savings Time
Page: 1, 2, 3, 4  Next
Page 1 of 4

Jump to: