Hello! Log in or Register   |  Help  |  Donate  |  Buy Shirts See all banner ads | Advertise on TheSamba.com  
TheSamba.com

Anyone Know Where I Can Get One CA License Plate Made?
Page: Previous  1, 2, 3
Forum Index -> General/Chat Share: Facebook Twitter
Reply to topic
Quick sort: Show newest posts on top | Show oldest posts on top View previous topic :: View next topic  
69 Jim
Samba Member

PostPosted: Thu Jan 26, 2012 1:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Erik G wrote:

If one were to go to DMV and get custom personalized plates made. You could order anything as long as it's non offensive, or has not been used. including stuff in the same format as old plates. When they come in...have some old style plates made to match your correctly registered custom plates. Maybe carry your originals just in case they are questioned

good luck

I agree. Once the vehicle has been inspected, who will ever check on this? I know a few CHP officers in SoCal and a vintage VW cruising down the highway with nice plates are the last thing they are concerned about in this day and age. A good friend who is a City of Oceanside officer said as long as the plate number matches up with the registration, he has no problem with it. Remember this is just an opinion. Hope it works out for you.
AlteWagen
Troll

PostPosted: Fri Jan 27, 2012 4:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I think the problem was that once the DMV recognized that the old series was being used and repro plates then put on vehicles they changed the policy. Then guys would order AAA (symbol heart, hand, etc) 123 then order the repro plate without the symbol making it look like an original series.
Spitty1974
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sat Aug 11, 2012 6:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

anubiscrs wrote:
there is a black guy at the pomona swap meet in a small trailer, that will make one for you as long as you have one. Just ask around for him. I had one made about a year ago and he charged $100. best looking plate ever, I'll have him make another next time I go.

Does anyone happen to know the guy who the above person mentioned? I live in nor cal and have not gone to this swap meet.

I may go the route of a fiberglass plate from a mold, but I would really like to get a metal plate made. I am ok with it not being real, I am already all legit with the DMV and as others have mentioned if I sport the remake plate on the front no officer is going to bother me, especially with the real plate with the sticker on the back.
Thanks,
Spitty
69 Jim
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sat Aug 11, 2012 7:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Google is your friend.
http://www.google.com/#hl=en&sclient=psy-ab&am...mp;bih=775

I found this old post from a Mustang site:

"Ray Ray in San Diego made me two brand new black plates that look beautiful. Price was $169 for the pair. You can contact him at:
custom plates
11126 orion way
san diego, ca 92126
858-271-6858"

Hopefully he is still available there. If he is, he can give you the real untold story.

Good luck to you.

Last edited by 69 Jim on Sat Aug 11, 2012 7:43 pm; edited 1 time in total
L378
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sat Aug 11, 2012 7:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

or you could just go back a few posts

Quote:
Here's another one, might be better
RAYRAY 858-271-6858
[email protected]
Reply to topic    Forum Index -> General/Chat All times are Mountain Standard Time/Pacific Daylight Savings Time
Page: Previous  1, 2, 3
Page 3 of 3

Jump to: