Hello! Log in or Register   |  Help  |  Donate  |  Buy Shirts See all banner ads | Advertise on TheSamba.com  
TheSamba.com

master series
Forum Index -> Body/Paint Share: Facebook Twitter
Reply to topic
Quick sort: Show newest posts on top | Show oldest posts on top View previous topic :: View next topic  
c21darrel
Samba Member

PostPosted: Mon Jan 16, 2012 3:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I had great luck w/ MS and their chassis black, looks suprisingly good for foam brush and roller work. If I did it again I would get a cheap harbor freight gun and shoot it, would look completly professional.
Vinnems
Samba Member

PostPosted: Mon Jan 16, 2012 12:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

It came too thin. Took way to many coats to get good coverage. Next time I'll just use Rustoleum. Finished the rest of my suspension with it, looks great. The silver though I love, great sealer and primer in one.
GtiKyle
Samba Member

PostPosted: Mon Jan 16, 2012 11:54 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Why didn't you like the black ?
Vinnems
Samba Member

PostPosted: Mon Jan 16, 2012 9:30 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Wire wheeling leaves a metal surface too smooth for paint. It polishes more than preps. Like the guy said before, you need to go over the smooth metal with some sandpaper. Just get some big sheets and go to town on your pans in every direction you can.
Loved Masterseries silver, the black not so much.
hpw
Samba Member

PostPosted: Mon Jan 16, 2012 3:24 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

walter kandetzki wrote:
i got a small chip in the paint on the framhead while i was doing something and the rest of it peeled off..i dont think paint should peel.i layed on the silver stuff then i layed on the black after it dried.im trying to figure what i did wrong

beetlenut wrote:
For the record, it would help to go over the clean bright metal you just wire-wheeled with some sand paper, maybe 100 grit or so, before you apply the Master Series silver. The silver likes to have a surface with some bite to it, to better hang on to.

walter kandetzki
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sat Jan 14, 2012 5:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

i got a small chip in the paint on the framhead while i was doing something and the rest of it peeled off..i dont think paint should peel.i layed on the silver stuff then i layed on the black after it dried.im trying to figure what i did wrong
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Gallery Classifieds Feedback
walter kandetzki
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sat Jan 14, 2012 11:11 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

i had my buddy who works for a bodyshop paint the beam in master series using the spray gun instead of brushing it.good stuff
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Gallery Classifieds Feedback
beetlenut
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sat Jan 14, 2012 10:56 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

For the record, it would help to go over the clean bright metal you just wire-wheeled with some sand paper, maybe 100 grit or so, before you apply the Master Series silver. The silver likes to have a surface with some bite to it, to better hang on to.
... I spend more time shaking it than directing it?! I get a pretty decent blast for 8sec. then have to shake it again.
- Words to live by right there!

My 74 Super rebuild thread: http://www.thesamba.com/vw/forum/viewtopic.php?p=6507104#6507104
Krmnnghia
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sat Jan 14, 2012 7:23 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yah you can lay it right down on the wired surface. I used a foam roller and a regular paint brush for the crevices. That stuff goes on like a dream.

Love this stuff...

from

Image may have been reduced in size. Click image to view fullscreen.

to

Image may have been reduced in size. Click image to view fullscreen.
View user's profile Send private message Facebook Instagram Classifieds Feedback
walter kandetzki
Samba Member

PostPosted: Fri Jan 13, 2012 9:14 pm    Post subject: master series Reply with quote

hi folks,im doing the bugs chassis in master series.i have the silver rust sealer and i have some black.i used a wire wheel and cleaned the frame head really clean.do i just lay the silver right on it or will i need to do anything before i do?also whats the best type of brush?just a regular paint brush?thanks
Reply to topic    Forum Index -> Body/Paint All times are Mountain Standard Time/Pacific Daylight Savings Time
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: