Hello! Log in or Register   |  Help  |  Donate  |  Buy Shirts See all banner ads | Advertise on TheSamba.com  
TheSamba.com

Westy Front Table Dimensions?
Forum Index -> Vanagon Share: Facebook Twitter
Reply to topic
Quick sort: Show newest posts on top | Show oldest posts on top View previous topic :: View next topic  
volks_womble
Samba Member

PostPosted: Fri Mar 10, 2017 11:22 pm    Post subject: Westy Front Table Dimensions? Reply with quote

So, I had a look they the FAQ, and the dimensions thread, but so far haven't found the dims that I need...

I would like to like to recreate a westy front table to go into our California. I know they are available from a couple of sources, but they are relatively rare and expensive here in the U.K., plus I want to have a go anyway...

I want it to be as close to factory as possible, but I don't have one to work from as a pattern. I wonder if someone who has one could do a bit of measuring for me?

I need the following dimensions:

[*] Table top Length x Width (LxD) (I believe the table itself is nominally 600x400mm - presumably this is the size of the timber prior to putting the edging strip on?)
[*] Position of the mounting bracket underneath (a, b and c - the bracket looks to be on the centreline of the table?)
[*] The length of the horizontal and vertical sections of the leg (d and h)

Here's a picture I stole off t'internet and added some labels to refer to the required measurements:

Image may have been reduced in size. Click image to view fullscreen.

Any help will be very much appreciated.
Thanks
Mark
yellowjacket
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sun Mar 12, 2017 4:45 pm    Post subject: Re: Westy Front Table Dimensions? Reply with quote

Yes, the nominal dimensions of the front table is 400 mm x 600 mm.

Measurement b) 260 mm and c) 250 mm for the table leg mount.

Measurement d) 285 mm and h) 565 mm for the table leg.

Mine is the other style mount, probably same measurement.

Warm day sitting around on the patio, 92 degrees (F), so thought I'd take a measurement for you. I use another front table for then rear table position as it's a little easier to access wardrobe closet.

Have fun with your project.

Dan
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Gallery Classifieds Feedback
volks_womble
Samba Member

PostPosted: Mon Mar 13, 2017 3:30 am    Post subject: Re: Westy Front Table Dimensions? Reply with quote

Dan,

Thanks very much for taking the time to get the measurements Smile

Being an '89 van, we have the later (shorter) wardrobe door, so the main table can stay for now, but an extra bit of surface up front is definitely required!

Thanks again
Mark
gene l
Samba Member

PostPosted: Mon Mar 13, 2017 8:06 am    Post subject: Re: Westy Front Table Dimensions? Reply with quote

I put my front table mount on the back side of the door under the sink & stove, and use the door as my table. Saves carrying the top around.
Mad monk
Samba Member

PostPosted: Wed May 26, 2021 11:37 am    Post subject: Re: Westy Front Table Dimensions? Reply with quote

I’m also in the process of making a front table, is the table the same thickness as the rear one?
MarkWard
Samba Member

PostPosted: Wed May 26, 2021 11:38 am    Post subject: Re: Westy Front Table Dimensions? Reply with quote

Mad monk wrote:
I’m also in the process of making a front table, is the table the same thickness as the rear one?

Yes same thickness.
Mad monk
Samba Member

PostPosted: Wed May 26, 2021 2:09 pm    Post subject: Re: Westy Front Table Dimensions? Reply with quote

Thanks Mark 😎👍
Reply to topic    Forum Index -> Vanagon All times are Mountain Standard Time/Pacific Daylight Savings Time
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: