Hello! Log in or Register   |  Help  |  Donate  |  Buy Shirts See all banner ads | Advertise on TheSamba.com  
TheSamba.com

Handling Charges gone crazy
Forum Index -> Buyer and Seller Feedback Share: Facebook Twitter
Reply to topic
Quick sort: Show newest posts on top | Show oldest posts on top View previous topic :: View next topic  
sqbuzz
Samba Member

PostPosted: Mon Jan 23, 2012 11:31 am    Post subject: Handling Charges gone crazy Reply with quote

Placed a $35 order from So Cal Imports last night. Recieved an invoice this morning and on it is a $15 handling charge, a $9.95 shipping charge and Ca sales tax. Bringing the total to over $64.00

Now I know the tax is unavoidable and it is normal to pay more than the actual price for shipping. Heck my company does that as well.

But to add a $15.00 handling fee for rear suspension bushings and torsion bar cover plates seems really excessive.

I have only been involved with VW's for a very short time (4 months). But this seems to be a recurring problem with many of the vendors.
Especially when the handling fee is not shown upfront when order is placed.

I cancelled the order this AM and will buy from another source.

Anybody else having this issue?

Who seems to be the best at having what you need in stock and low handling charges?

I am west coast and prefer to buy regionally if possible (lower shipping costs).

Vehicle is a 74 Thing Baja.
DaKine
Samba Member

PostPosted: Mon Jan 23, 2012 12:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

You are not alone on this one....

http://www.thesamba.com/vw/forum/viewtopic.php?t=157208&start=40
SuperSamba Premium Member
Samba False Idol

PostPosted: Mon Jan 23, 2012 2:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Moderator note:
Any further feedback for SoCal Imports should be posted in the feedback thread above.

This thread is being left open so people can respond to the following:

Quote:
Anybody else having this issue?

Who seems to be the best at having what you need in stock and low handling charges?

I am west coast and prefer to buy regionally if possible (lower shipping costs).
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Facebook Gallery Classifieds Feedback
sqbuzz
Samba Member

PostPosted: Mon Jan 23, 2012 2:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks for leaving it open.

The Samba has been a great help in locating parts sources and my current 74 Thing.

Thanks for doing a great job.
Paul Wilson
Samba Member

PostPosted: Mon Jan 23, 2012 4:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Make sure you let them know why you canceled the order and why you will never do business with them again. If enough people do this, things will change.

Paul
[email protected]
Samba Member

PostPosted: Mon Jan 23, 2012 6:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

they do it because you let them. We do not charge anything for "handling", nor do we have "Minimum order" amounts either.

Please do NOT send me Private Messages through the Samba PM System (I will not see them). Send me an e-mail to john at aircooled dot net

"Like" our Facebook page at
http://www.facebook.com/vwpartsaircoolednet
and get a 5% off code for use on one order for VW Parts ON OUR PARTS STORE WEBSITE, vwparts.aircooled.net
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website Facebook Gallery Classifieds Feedback
gabvwkey
Samba Member

PostPosted: Mon Jan 23, 2012 7:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

As of mid January and on, we at Gabriel's VW keys and locks are selling our stuff with free shipping worldwide paypal fees included!
~gabvwkey~ Wink
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website Facebook Twitter Gallery Classifieds Feedback
[email protected]
Samba Member

PostPosted: Tue Jan 24, 2012 8:52 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

We do not have any boxing, handling or any additional fees. We mark the actual shipping cost up enough to pay for shipping materials only.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website Gallery Classifieds Feedback
Reply to topic    Forum Index -> Buyer and Seller Feedback All times are Mountain Standard Time/Pacific Daylight Savings Time
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: