Hello! Log in or Register   |  Help  |  Donate  |  Buy Shirts See all banner ads | Advertise on TheSamba.com  
TheSamba.com

I know you need a new one of these?
Page: Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next
Forum Index -> Bay Window Bus Share: Facebook Twitter
Reply to topic
Quick sort: Show newest posts on top | Show oldest posts on top View previous topic :: View next topic  
This page may contain links to eBay where the site receives compensation.
GEEBEE
Samba Member

PostPosted: Fri Apr 20, 2012 6:32 am    Post subject: Info Reply with quote

I own all the tooling to make seals and gaskets

some are extrusions for the wings , some doors ,canopy

465 different models, 1947 on up...

canopy seals : T34, F5.T38,F117,F22

Landing gear door seals and bomb bay door seals etc.

Working on some rocket pod mounts for a DOD contract

So if you had a 1957 or 172 model what ever aircraft and you wanted all the seals die0-cut to oringinal and in any color, the oem would say no stock , no longer in production contact Gee-Bee Aeroproducts

I also mfg the radiator hoses for the Tundra and Seqouia
five hoses per truck ...
Later GB
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website MSN Messenger Gallery Classifieds Feedback
secretsubmariner
Champagne Wrangler

PostPosted: Fri Apr 20, 2012 6:40 am    Post subject: Re: S Hose Reply with quote

GEEBEE wrote:
The S hose In matte would not have the two piece molded look to it

The price would be 72.50 for a new 5 ply silicone with nomex reinforcement

It would look like a hose with two ports

I.D. on the ports the same

I bought a new old stock, hard as a rock

SEE THIS ADD

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Vw-Mk1-Jetta-Rabbit-Caddy-...mp;vxp=mtr

This is what the s hose would look like, I mfg all of MK autohaus seal / extrusions and hose assys, most snorkels are now NLA from VW
Like the Scirocco 16 v breather, was 199.00 from VW , now 67.50 shipped

GB

Ooh' and dont call me BeeGee Mad

If that was my name I would be singing and not doing silicone, its the only thing Iam not allergic to is a pair of silicone DD's Shocked

Laughing Laughing Laughing ^^
Geebee, those parts look great. an S-boot from the same material with the same look would be awesome!
1970 Auto Fastback FI
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Instagram Gallery Classifieds Feedback
GEEBEE
Samba Member

PostPosted: Fri Apr 20, 2012 6:44 am    Post subject: S BOOT PRODUCTION Reply with quote

I will produce if I have ten deposits on these....
25.00 each deposit

77.50 shipped with Breeze Aerospace 100 % lined clamps

[email protected]

paypal and email....

GB
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website MSN Messenger Gallery Classifieds Feedback
webwalker Premium Member
Samba Member

PostPosted: Fri Apr 20, 2012 8:47 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

My deposit is in.

How about the rest of you jokers? Here comes the first opportunity to buy new, aerospace quality components for your Ljet based Bus. What are you waiting for? Get in the queue before he changes his mind. Very Happy

M
GEEBEE
Samba Member

PostPosted: Fri Apr 20, 2012 9:01 am    Post subject: S BOOTY Reply with quote

Webwakler gets the firt article to install for fitment !!!

GB
pkrboo
Samba Member

PostPosted: Fri Apr 20, 2012 9:10 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

will you ship to UK GEEBEE? If yes can you do me a price for all three of the hoses shipped please
secretsubmariner
Champagne Wrangler

PostPosted: Fri Apr 20, 2012 9:22 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm not a joker, son! However my living situation changed and a room-mate moved out on us...so we are catching up on that dumb shit.... I can probably order one mid-may. Embarassed Can't wait!
1970 Auto Fastback FI
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Instagram Gallery Classifieds Feedback
SGKent Premium Member
Samba Member

PostPosted: Fri Apr 20, 2012 9:38 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I wonder if he could make some of the diaphragms that are needed for things like the PCV valve and EGR? These are items that see oil and blowby gasses. The EGR diaphragm probably sees 250F at times. We are talking flat diaphragms that are 2 - 3 inches max in size and .025 thick maybe.
GEEBEE
Samba Member

PostPosted: Fri Apr 20, 2012 10:08 am    Post subject: Diaphrams Reply with quote

Those could be die cut, best would be flourocarbon silicone if there is fuel present, if not silicone with a nomex or fiberglass reinforcement

Pic please

[email protected]
SGKent Premium Member
Samba Member

PostPosted: Fri Apr 20, 2012 10:34 am    Post subject: Re: Diaphrams Reply with quote

GEEBEE wrote:
Those could be die cut, best would be flourocarbon silicone if there is fuel present, if not silicone with a nomex or fiberglass reinforcement

Pic please

[email protected]

PCV valve diaphragm is the red diaphragm. About 2 1/2 inches across. Exposed to blow by. I went to clean one with spray carb cleaner and it started to dissolve if that is a clue. Would be exposed to the same gasses as the breather hose you make.

Image may have been reduced in size. Click image to view fullscreen.

Below is the EGR valve (gold item). Exhaust gas comes up from the exhaust, goes thru a cooling filter and into the valve. First picture is the valve and supply tube. second photo is the exhaust connection and a part of the filter. The fourth picture (will post tonight) is the diaphragm in the valve which I have been trying to find someone to reproduce so we can rebuild the valves correctly. Someone else is working on repairing or making new valve bodies. I will have to post tonight a close up of the EGR diaphragm as all I have is the one where it is hidden between the stainless piece and top of the body (photo 3)

GEEBEE
Samba Member

PostPosted: Wed May 09, 2012 3:00 pm    Post subject: small hose G Reply with quote

Shipped first article to

production started

THe LFA and IS350f ( Lexus ) is keeping us behind...

GB
77VWBusDude
Samba Member

PostPosted: Thu May 10, 2012 12:09 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yeah I can see an LFA owner not wanting to pay retail on parts, lol. Like $10k for a fender...
curtis4085
Samba Member

PostPosted: Thu May 10, 2012 3:39 pm    Post subject: Re: Layline Reply with quote

GEEBEE wrote:
I wont sell without a my name on my product, I dont have to...

My aircraft division is my profit center, this is just for fun and to help owners..

I have not made a profit on this stuff yet, tooling is expensive....

GB

Totally understandable. Your parts are very much apprecaited by all!
GEEBEE
Samba Member

PostPosted: Fri May 11, 2012 5:41 pm    Post subject: S intake Boot... Reply with quote

Looks like Iam sticking my neck out here to make...

Probly be the last thing as the response is lousey....

Confused
GB
Westfabulous
Samba Member

Location: The tropic of Canada, dodging the giant flying moose of Surrey!

PostPosted: Fri May 11, 2012 6:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yup, those words have certainly been said before. You need to sell to a parts house, 'cuz this approach isn't going to clothe the kids.

"I will gladly pay you Tuesday for a hamburger today."
Wildthings
Samba Member

PostPosted: Fri May 11, 2012 6:33 pm    Post subject: Re: S intake Boot... Reply with quote

GEEBEE wrote:

Confused
GB

Not having followed/read this entire thread, do you have a list of Bay hoses and boots that you have or can have for sale?
Keith
Samba Member

PostPosted: Fri May 11, 2012 6:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Any way to get the title to this thread changed to something like "now available reproduction engine hoses" or something? It may help others find this thread and get these parts. I know I will be ordering a kit for my '78 when I'm at that stage.

"I firmly believe that some villagers from Botswana could probably build a better road than PennDot."- Splitty

"If you do anything to your car someone will hate on you for it. People absolutely love to complain and find fault with others. Don't let it bother you. Just live and have fun."- Lind
GEEBEE
Samba Member

PostPosted: Fri May 11, 2012 6:44 pm    Post subject: Das Thread Reply with quote

I sometimes drop by some shops and ask what they need and show my samples...

Please pass this info on to your favorite shop as ther is probly several shop or owners who dont follow the Samba..

Cheers to all

GB
Westfabulous
Samba Member

Location: The tropic of Canada, dodging the giant flying moose of Surrey!

PostPosted: Fri May 11, 2012 6:44 pm    Post subject: Re: S intake Boot... Reply with quote

Wildthings wrote:
GEEBEE wrote:

Confused
GB

Not having followed/read this entire thread, do you have a list of Bay hoses and boots that you have or can have for sale?

Great idea; maybe pictures of each product as well. We are all pretty visual creatures around here. You will also have good fortune if you can get a parts house to stock your product. A much bigger audience than a little thread on The Samba.

"I will gladly pay you Tuesday for a hamburger today."
Keith
Samba Member

PostPosted: Fri May 11, 2012 6:48 pm    Post subject: Re: S intake Boot... Reply with quote

GEEBEE wrote:

Confused
GB

I hope you keep making your hoses for us bus owners. Please ignore the stock nazis that want no logo they should be happen that ANY quality hoses are being made to keep our buses alive and running properly, especially since a bus engine compartment with a type 4 motor is a little hard to see into anyway so a logo on a hose shouldnt be an issue.

Do you have a link to any hoses or kits you have available? I'd like to get these asap for my motor, especially now since it seems you are getting frustrated and are considering not making them anymore, which is a damn shame that people need to nitpick somebody who is making the effort to help us out to the point of driving them away. Wtf people !!!???

I dont know who you sell through now but have you contacted the big guys like wolfsburg west, cip1, west coast metric, eis ( or whatever they are called now), just campers, etc????

"I firmly believe that some villagers from Botswana could probably build a better road than PennDot."- Splitty

"If you do anything to your car someone will hate on you for it. People absolutely love to complain and find fault with others. Don't let it bother you. Just live and have fun."- Lind

Last edited by Keith on Fri May 11, 2012 6:55 pm; edited 1 time in total
Reply to topic    Forum Index -> Bay Window Bus All times are Mountain Standard Time/Pacific Daylight Savings Time
Page: Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next
Page 7 of 8

Jump to: