Hello! Log in or Register   |  Help  |  Donate  |  Buy Shirts See all banner ads | Advertise on TheSamba.com  
TheSamba.com

VW model build topic
Page: Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 51, 52, 53 ... 58, 59, 60  Next
Jump to:
Forum Index -> Accessories/Memorabilia/Toys Share: Facebook Twitter
Reply to topic
Quick sort: Show newest posts on top | Show oldest posts on top View previous topic :: View next topic  
otherbeach
Samba Member

PostPosted: Thu Nov 03, 2022 1:18 pm    Post subject: Re: VW model build topic Reply with quote

I got this Revell 07674 last Christmas as a present. Could anyone please speculate on which “SO” model, if any, this represents?

Image may have been reduced in size. Click image to view fullscreen.

I did search this Forum without success for info on this kit.

Also anyone ever create Palm Green and create Sand Green from model paints? These may not be authentic for this model but they are my favorites
Coming to you from God’s Own Time Zone: Central Time…up near the Illinois/Minnesota border. ** Note I am currently (mostly) INACTIVE in the bus community due to temporary life changes. My price tracking from 2016 to 2021 is now over and data stored offline **
"Cows at the border of the Dairy State and the Land of Lincoln are remarkably honest."
Hacksaw-BoB
Samba Member

PostPosted: Thu Nov 03, 2022 5:47 pm    Post subject: Re: VW model build topic Reply with quote

The One Millionth VW produced (1955 Oval Window) was painted gold for the celebration Popcorn

http://www.VintageVolkswagenModels.com

Collector of Vintage VW Toys

BoB's Restor-Version Shop
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website Gallery Classifieds Feedback
volkaholic1
Samba Member

PostPosted: Fri Nov 04, 2022 6:04 pm    Post subject: Re: VW model build topic Reply with quote

WOW! you guys have been building some amazing VW's! i love it

this is the last step on The Death Bus - added license plates, my son has a 3D printer, he made these for me, they say "SINNER" perfect for this bus!

did white with blue letters, just like Ohio

now, i think there is a market for custom made 1:24 1:25 model license plates. am i wrong? or am i right?

think about it, you could have custom plates that say anything, you want, you got 7 letter, numbers, even characters, think about it, your plates could say

SINNER
MY BUS
MY 68 BUG
U LOSE
I WIN
you could even have things the state would never approve of like
#&%$UI
HORNY
TITS

you get the idea, if you want custom plates, PM me, i will PM you his email, he takes paypal, $6 shipped to lower 48
volkaholic1
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sat Nov 05, 2022 12:59 am    Post subject: Re: VW model build topic Reply with quote

ok, last post about The Death Bus - i added license plates, my son has a 3D printer he made these for me, they say "SINNER" which i think is super cool, did them in ohio plate colors, white with blue text

i told him this could be a nice little side business for him, $6 for 2 plates shipped to lower 48 states,

you can get anything, 7 digits max, letters, numbers, whatever you want, SOME EXPAMPLES

SINNER
MY BUG
CLARK68
MOMBUG
ULOSE
IWIN
you can even do stuff the state would never approve of, like
HONRY
TITS

you get the idea, pm me and i can send you his email to work it out with him, he uses paypal
finster
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sat Nov 05, 2022 3:45 am    Post subject: Re: VW model build topic Reply with quote

otherbeach wrote:
Also anyone ever create Palm Green and create Sand Green from model paints? These may not be authentic for this model but they are my favorites

have you checked out citadel/warhammer paints? they have a good range, mix well and flow realy nicely.

Hacksaw BoB - you missed out the diamante bumpers! Very Happy (and baroque interior)

nothing lasts, nothing is finished, and nothing is perfect...
otherbeach
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sat Nov 05, 2022 2:24 pm    Post subject: Re: VW model build topic Reply with quote

finster wrote:
otherbeach wrote:

have you checked out citadel/warhammer paints? they have a good range, mix well and flow realy nicely.

Thanks. I was hoping for a PG is a mix of x% green and y% of something else etc.

Same with Sand Green …
Coming to you from God’s Own Time Zone: Central Time…up near the Illinois/Minnesota border. ** Note I am currently (mostly) INACTIVE in the bus community due to temporary life changes. My price tracking from 2016 to 2021 is now over and data stored offline **
"Cows at the border of the Dairy State and the Land of Lincoln are remarkably honest."
Blue Baron
VW Aficionado

PostPosted: Sun Nov 06, 2022 12:30 am    Post subject: Re: VW model build topic Reply with quote

jun kitano wrote:

Heinz Nordhoff
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Gallery Classifieds Feedback
finster
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sun Nov 06, 2022 4:47 am    Post subject: Re: VW model build topic Reply with quote

^ nice!

otherbeach wrote:
Thanks. I was hoping for a PG is a mix of x% green and y% of something else etc. Same with Sand Green …

you could try getting those aerosols that are mixed for retouching and use acrylic...

nothing lasts, nothing is finished, and nothing is perfect...
volkaholic1
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sun Nov 06, 2022 11:50 am    Post subject: Re: VW model build topic Reply with quote

wow great details!
Hacksaw-BoB
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sun Nov 06, 2022 2:05 pm    Post subject: Re: VW model build topic Reply with quote

Check it out . . . . Popcorn

http://www.VintageVolkswagenModels.com

Collector of Vintage VW Toys

BoB's Restor-Version Shop
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website Gallery Classifieds Feedback
Fish
Samba Member

PostPosted: Thu Nov 10, 2022 11:35 am    Post subject: Re: VW model build topic Reply with quote

Not my picture. Not my build. Seen on Facebook. The photo of this tractor in real life has been circulating all over social media and I've even had non VW people send it to me. This model builder decided to duplicate it and did a fine job. He did use a Porsche tractor which seems right over what ever the brand in the original was. Thought I would share with you all.

.·´¯`·.¸. , . .·´¯`·..><((((º>

# 303 and #156

Stop dead photo links! Post your photos to The Samba Gallery!
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Gallery Classifieds Feedback
volkaholic1
Samba Member

PostPosted: Thu Nov 10, 2022 12:20 pm    Post subject: Re: VW model build topic Reply with quote

wow- very cool build
Fish
Samba Member

PostPosted: Thu Nov 10, 2022 1:53 pm    Post subject: Re: VW model build topic Reply with quote

Original in real life.

# 303 and #156

Stop dead photo links! Post your photos to The Samba Gallery!
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Gallery Classifieds Feedback
slave1pilot
Samba Member

PostPosted: Mon Nov 14, 2022 12:18 am    Post subject: Re: VW model build topic Reply with quote

There is another
and it actually has the Porsche Tractor

Currently:
1963 Ragtop Beetle
Previously:
1967 Beetle
1968 Beetle
1970 Beetle
jack1448
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sun Nov 27, 2022 6:42 am    Post subject: Re: VW model build topic Reply with quote

I also decided to add some license plates to my bus models; I’ve been thinking that the rear was too naked without something there. These, however, are the ‘G’ rated versions:

Blue Baron
VW Aficionado

PostPosted: Sat Dec 03, 2022 3:59 pm    Post subject: Re: VW model build topic Reply with quote

Nice!

These buses lend themselves to license plates.

Heinz Nordhoff
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Gallery Classifieds Feedback
slalombuggy
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sat Jan 07, 2023 10:56 pm    Post subject: Re: VW model build topic Reply with quote

My latest 1:35 projects. An old Dragon Kubel with gear drive attachment for starting stubborn Panzers. A drive shaft would be connected from. The drive unit thru a plug in the back of the tank to a fitting on the crankshaft. The buildings are an old Verlinden build form around 1986 and the Jagdtiger is a new Hobbyboss release of the first 3 built tgat had the Porsche designed suspension with 8 wheels on hull side mounted torsion bars.

slalombuggy
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sat Jan 07, 2023 11:10 pm    Post subject: Re: VW model build topic Reply with quote

I don't build a lot of cars but once in a while a guy needs to do something different and after spending 60 hours detailing the interior of my 1:16 scale King Tiger turret I needed a break and my wife had just given me this cool little Manx kit. It's an old AMT reissues the fit and castings leave a lot to be desired compared to modern kits. I threw away some parts and built my own, stripped the chrome off all the engine parts and added some brake lines with .5mm lead wire

Last edited by slalombuggy on Mon Jan 09, 2023 5:42 am; edited 1 time in total
Mike Fisher
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sun Jan 08, 2023 3:59 am    Post subject: Re: VW model build topic Reply with quote

slalombuggy wrote:
My latest 1:35 projects. An old Dragon Kubel with gear drive attachment for starting stubborn Panzers. A drive shaft would be connected from. The drive unit thru a plug in the back of the tank to a fitting on the crankshaft. The buildings are an old Verlinden build form around 1986 and the Jagdtiger is a new Hobbyboss release of the first 3 built tgat had the Porsche designed suspension with 8 wheels on hull side mounted torsion bars.

Rebuilding a WW11 Jagdpanzer in Australia.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nLuceQHLkuU
two 57 oval ragtops sold
'68 Karmann Ghia sold

Society is like stew. If you don't keep it stirred up you end up with a lot of scum on the top! - Russ_Wolfe/Edward Abbey
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Facebook Gallery Classifieds Feedback
Blue Baron
VW Aficionado

PostPosted: Sun Jan 08, 2023 3:19 pm    Post subject: Re: VW model build topic Reply with quote

slalombuggy wrote:
I don't build a lot of cars but once in a while a guy needs to do something different and after spending 60 hours detailing the interior of my 1:16 scale King Tiger turret I needed a break and my wife had just given me this cool little Manx kit. It's an old Revell reissues the fit and castings leave a lot to be desired compared to modern kits. I threw away some parts and built my own, stripped the chrome off all the engine parts and added some brake lines with .5mm lead wire

Looks like the AMT rather than the Revell. I like your super detailing work. That's what I would need to take my Superbug to the next level. It uses the same chassis and running gear (pages 23-25.)

Heinz Nordhoff
Reply to topic    Forum Index -> Accessories/Memorabilia/Toys All times are Mountain Standard Time/Pacific Daylight Savings Time
Page: Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 51, 52, 53 ... 58, 59, 60  Next
Jump to:
Page 52 of 60

Jump to: