Hello! Log in or Register   |  Help  |  Donate  |  Buy Shirts See all banner ads | Advertise on TheSamba.com  
TheSamba.com

New Gowesty Hookups, has anyone tried them?
Page: Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5
Forum Index -> Vanagon Share: Facebook Twitter
Reply to topic
Quick sort: Show newest posts on top | Show oldest posts on top View previous topic :: View next topic  
The Skylight Guy
Samba Member

PostPosted: Tue May 08, 2012 7:40 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

timichango wrote:
Neither the product information about the 'new' Delta Six hookups nor the gowesty ones seem to mention anything about a Canadian version of the 110v hookup (or list it as a product), so I can only assume that it's a) an edge case that only affects a small subset of vanagon owners up here, b) an easy mod, or c) both.

Hi Timichango,

We are located in Gibsons, BC just a short ferry ride from Horseshoe Bay, local Volks with a cause to help other Westfalia owners...if you want to keep your cord, not a problem! If you want to come visit our shop we are happy to assist you with the instal and anything else you have questions about regarding our parts, products etc...

Give us a call, it's local if you call Trevor's cell at 604-839-3597

Have a great day!
Gibsons, BC Canada
604-740-1018
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address Gallery Classifieds Feedback
Mark
Samba Member

PostPosted: Tue May 08, 2012 8:02 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

From the gallery, Cdn model on the left:
*not my photo*

Image may have been reduced in size. Click image to view fullscreen.

Both use rivets to hold the conduit or male electrical plug in place. It was pretty easy to swap them over.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Gallery Classifieds Feedback
kwilk
Samba Member

PostPosted: Tue Apr 29, 2014 9:33 pm    Post subject: hookup doors Reply with quote

so my hookup doors are nice but one of the springs is not all the way inserted ( the little up and down part, not the actual horizontal spring) the part that has the spring, can anyone help me by letting me know how to get the whole spring out without ruining it?
dschaftlein
Samba Member

PostPosted: Mon Oct 22, 2018 4:36 pm    Post subject: Re: New Gowesty Hookups, has anyone tried them? Reply with quote

this weekend I took the time to install and leak test my gowesty hook up boxes. here's what i've found:

-foam gaskets don't seal very well, There was noticeable dripping from the gasket. I used butyl tape instead and the seal is perfect.

-the hook up boxes leak! especially the shore power box. I ended up taking them apart and sealing all the parts together with silicone (the shore power box is 3 pcs assembled with SS screws)

I tested all the boxes with my garden hose and they are all water tight now.
Reply to topic    Forum Index -> Vanagon All times are Mountain Standard Time/Pacific Daylight Savings Time
Page: Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5
Page 5 of 5

Jump to: