Hello! Log in or Register   |  Help  |  Donate  |  Buy Shirts See all banner ads | Advertise on TheSamba.com  
TheSamba.com

Abortion ENGINES ONLY Thread, come see the Horror!
Page: Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 43, 44, 45 ... 52, 53, 54  Next
Jump to:
Forum Index -> Reader's Rides Share: Facebook Twitter
Reply to topic
Quick sort: Show newest posts on top | Show oldest posts on top View previous topic :: View next topic  
Bashr52
Samba Member

PostPosted: Wed Oct 18, 2017 5:53 am    Post subject: Re: Abortion ENGINES ONLY Thread, come see the Horror! Reply with quote

danfromsyr wrote:
here's the engine in bay pic from a speedster kit forsale
https://www.thesamba.com/vw/classifieds/detail.php?id=2104870
good thing he has the breastplate to keep the heat out.. Laughing
Image may have been reduced in size. Click image to view fullscreen.

"recently painted"? With what a rattle can?
sovereignsamba
Banned

PostPosted: Thu Oct 19, 2017 12:51 pm    Post subject: Re: Abortion ENGINES ONLY Thread, come see the Horror! Reply with quote

Whats wrong with it other than the price? Looks like a serious budget build, i dont know how they got the sheen to look so ridiculous.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Gallery Classifieds Feedback
VOLKSWAGNUT
Fastest VW Belt Changer

PostPosted: Mon May 28, 2018 7:34 am    Post subject: Re: Abortion ENGINES ONLY Thread, come see the Horror! Reply with quote

Bump..

Gleaned recently from the web .. . apparently the 80's look engines are coming back in style..

Its about the going not the showing
Rebuilt to drive not decorate
WANTED: Local Eatin' Joints, Triple D for TheSamba contributions here http://www.thesamba.com/vw/forum/viewtopic.php?t=570510
Search "VOLKSWAGNUT" on YouTube since you cant watch a "certain" BELT change video round here
Usually and often edited
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Facebook Gallery Classifieds Feedback
EverettB Premium Member
Administrator

PostPosted: Mon May 28, 2018 10:01 am    Post subject: Re: Abortion ENGINES ONLY Thread, come see the Horror! Reply with quote

Sweet, that is going to look like trash in about 10 miles of driving
Stop dead photo links! Post your photos to The Samba Gallery!
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website Facebook Instagram Gallery Classifieds Feedback
sovereignsamba
Banned

PostPosted: Mon May 28, 2018 10:49 am    Post subject: Re: Abortion ENGINES ONLY Thread, come see the Horror! Reply with quote

EverettB wrote:

Why?
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Gallery Classifieds Feedback
EverettB Premium Member
Administrator

PostPosted: Mon May 28, 2018 5:30 pm    Post subject: Re: Abortion ENGINES ONLY Thread, come see the Horror! Reply with quote

Shane Rossbo wrote:
EverettB wrote:

Why?

Every engine I have seen painted like that get dirty super quickly and looks bad, unless you constantly clean it.

In addition, most of the engines I've seen done that way were the subject of poor prep work or it was crappy spray paint so the paint chips or scratches easy.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website Facebook Instagram Gallery Classifieds Feedback
VOLKSWAGNUT
Fastest VW Belt Changer

PostPosted: Tue May 29, 2018 7:15 am    Post subject: Re: Abortion ENGINES ONLY Thread, come see the Horror! Reply with quote

EverettB wrote:
Shane Rossbo wrote:
EverettB wrote:

Why?

Every engine I have seen painted like that get dirty super quickly and looks bad, unless you constantly clean it.

In addition, most of the engines I've seen done that way were the subject of poor prep work or it was crappy spray paint so the paint chips or scratches easy.

X2.... ^... unless its an 80's trailer queen diva..

WANTED: Local Eatin' Joints, Triple D for TheSamba contributions here http://www.thesamba.com/vw/forum/viewtopic.php?t=570510
Search "VOLKSWAGNUT" on YouTube since you cant watch a "certain" BELT change video round here
Usually and often edited
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Facebook Gallery Classifieds Feedback
sovereignsamba
Banned

PostPosted: Tue May 29, 2018 5:51 pm    Post subject: Re: Abortion ENGINES ONLY Thread, come see the Horror! Reply with quote

if the metal is etched properly i dont see why it cant last..
VOLKSWAGNUT
Fastest VW Belt Changer

PostPosted: Wed May 30, 2018 6:16 am    Post subject: Re: Abortion ENGINES ONLY Thread, come see the Horror! Reply with quote

^ yeah true or powder coated..

But most 80's flashy engines..in the 80's were simple quick spray bombed.. not to mention.. daily drivers..
And most hung out with the mini trucks down at the Dairy Queen on Friday nights..

. Laughing

Hey... I had flashy painted 80's VW's.. .. but my engines were all flat black sleepers..

Usually and often edited
TDCTDI
Samba Advocatus Diaboli

PostPosted: Wed May 30, 2018 6:36 am    Post subject: Re: Abortion ENGINES ONLY Thread, come see the Horror! Reply with quote

VOLKSWAGNUT wrote:
Bump..

Gleaned recently from the web .. . apparently the 80's look engines are coming back in style..

That looks like Mickey Mouse puked in Technicolor.

GOFUNDYOURSELF, quit asking everyone to do it for you!

An air cooled VW will make you a hoarder.

Do something, anything, to your project every day, and you will eventually complete it.
williamM
Samba Member

PostPosted: Wed May 30, 2018 8:12 am    Post subject: Re: Abortion ENGINES ONLY Thread, come see the Horror! Reply with quote

Shocked BUT- why didn't they paint the carbs Question Question Rolling Eyes Rolling Eyes

opinion untempered by fact is ignorance.

Don't step in any!
WD-40
Samba Member

PostPosted: Mon Jun 25, 2018 5:13 pm    Post subject: Re: Abortion ENGINES ONLY Thread, come see the Horror! Reply with quote

danfromsyr wrote:
I don't think it's a ugly or bad engine, it's quite nice but couldn't find a proper thread to put it in.

That upturned exhaust extension is there for race tracks with noise restrictions. Google "Laguna Seca exhaust", and you will see all kinds of funky setups to point the exhaust in various directions (away from where the race official's microphones are at) to pass tech.

Busstom
Samba Member

PostPosted: Thu Jun 28, 2018 12:47 pm    Post subject: Re: Abortion ENGINES ONLY Thread, come see the Horror! Reply with quote

VOLKSWAGNUT wrote:
Bump..

Guy 1: walks next door: "Dude, you got any spare spray paint?"

Guy 2: "Yeah man, this stuff here, I just painted my daughter's swing set with it."

Guy 1: "Yep, that'll do the trick! Thanks!!"
danfromsyr
Samba Member

PostPosted: Mon Aug 20, 2018 11:48 am    Post subject: Re: Abortion ENGINES ONLY Thread, come see the Horror! Reply with quote

love the firewall and cooling tin

View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Gallery Classifieds Feedback
SBD
Samba Member

PostPosted: Mon Aug 20, 2018 9:54 pm    Post subject: Re: Abortion ENGINES ONLY Thread, come see the Horror! Reply with quote

I saw this engine in a buggy sitting in the front lot of a pawn shop. Maybe this is some sort of Old School high-performance cooling trick???? Confused The buggy had a big aluminum wing on the back. Neutral It's not that it looks so bad, but I'm not sure how long I'd trust that cooling setup... Shocked At least they're still running a thermostat! Very Happy

mark tucker wrote:
I wouldent waste $ or thyme on building a small motor. build it big so it dosent have to work hard.remember it's only as fast as your foot alows it to be unless you build a small turd then it just stinks as it squishes up through your toes when you step on it.
cdennisg
Samba Member

PostPosted: Mon Aug 20, 2018 10:05 pm    Post subject: Re: Abortion ENGINES ONLY Thread, come see the Horror! Reply with quote

^^^ That may just be the loosest fan belt I have ever seen. Saves on generator bearings, I guess.
EverettB Premium Member
Administrator

PostPosted: Mon Aug 20, 2018 11:33 pm    Post subject: Re: Abortion ENGINES ONLY Thread, come see the Horror! Reply with quote

I can feel that engine overheating from here

Fan belt... I wonder how often the fan actually turns?

Zip tie the plug wires to the pre-heat tube - Sure, they won't melt

I see it still has a thermostat though. I wonder if all the warm-up gear is there? Razz
Fish
Samba Member

PostPosted: Mon Aug 20, 2018 11:39 pm    Post subject: Re: Abortion ENGINES ONLY Thread, come see the Horror! Reply with quote

Original Manx? Mustang tail lights and 36hp motor.

.·´¯`·.¸. , . .·´¯`·..><((((º>
.·´¯`·.¸. , . .·´¯`·..><((((º>

# 303 and #156

View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Gallery Classifieds Feedback
SBD
Samba Member

PostPosted: Wed Aug 22, 2018 8:32 am    Post subject: Re: Abortion ENGINES ONLY Thread, come see the Horror! Reply with quote

Fish wrote:
Original Manx? Mustang tail lights and 36hp motor.

I have a few more pics. I'm no expert but I don't think it's a Manx.

mark tucker wrote:
I wouldent waste $ or thyme on building a small motor. build it big so it dosent have to work hard.remember it's only as fast as your foot alows it to be unless you build a small turd then it just stinks as it squishes up through your toes when you step on it.
WD-40
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sat Sep 01, 2018 10:32 pm    Post subject: Re: Abortion ENGINES ONLY Thread, come see the Horror! Reply with quote

Wow, another engine without the top cylinder tin?? Laughing
Reply to topic    Forum Index -> Reader's Rides All times are Mountain Standard Time/Pacific Daylight Savings Time
Page: Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 43, 44, 45 ... 52, 53, 54  Next
Jump to:
Page 44 of 54

Jump to: