Hello! Log in or Register   |  Help  |  Donate  |  Buy Shirts See all banner ads | Advertise on TheSamba.com  
TheSamba.com

Abortion ENGINES ONLY Thread, come see the Horror!
Page: Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 47, 48, 49 ... 52, 53, 54  Next
Jump to:
Forum Index -> Reader's Rides Share: Facebook Twitter
Reply to topic
Quick sort: Show newest posts on top | Show oldest posts on top View previous topic :: View next topic  
Glenn Premium Member
Mr. 010

PostPosted: Mon May 11, 2020 9:12 am    Post subject: Re: Abortion ENGINES ONLY Thread, come see the Horror! Reply with quote

Vintage performance parts.

Member #1009

#BlueSquare
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website Gallery Classifieds Feedback
cdennisg
Samba Member

PostPosted: Mon May 11, 2020 10:37 am    Post subject: Re: Abortion ENGINES ONLY Thread, come see the Horror! Reply with quote

Glenn wrote:
Vintage performance parts.

Yep, someone spent some dough on this one back in the day.

I have one of those Norris cams degree wheels in my stuff. It came on a 40 horse in a rusty 65 sunroof beetle I bought for $100 in 1991-ish.
DrHAX
Samba Member

PostPosted: Mon May 11, 2020 12:29 pm    Post subject: Re: Abortion ENGINES ONLY Thread, come see the Horror! Reply with quote

The engine came with a Holley 2110 that was remarkably clean. The block is a unstamped dealership replacement block, and the engine had everything matching. Even has a thermostat and flaps. For 400$ it was worth it as a risk for the dizzy alone Laughing but it cracks over smooth has oil in it and everything seemed like it was done properly. Then I come along and install my Motorola alternator on it and make a new hold down strap from a bit of scrap bailing straps. Twisted Evil

I’ve rebuilt the carb and such. Waiting for a ratty transaxle to appear so I can make a test engine stand.
Ceckert64
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sat Jun 06, 2020 8:24 pm    Post subject: Re: Abortion ENGINES ONLY Thread, come see the Horror! Reply with quote

Image may have been reduced in size. Click image to view fullscreen.

This was the engine in my bug when I got it. I replaced fuel lines and fuel filter (put fuel filter where it was in that pic, before I knew better) and it ran great Shocked well, the car had a 50mile range, it never charged.... spray painting in the generator didn’t help it... Also, like the wired open carb? The PO put everything together, then painted it Confused I all most had an engine fire with it too, the fitting popped out of the carb Embarassed tons of exhaust studs were missing and I think it was a 1600cc exhaust on a 1200cc to name a few...
“Fitz” 1971 Westfalia Poptop
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Instagram Gallery Classifieds Feedback
Chickensoup
Samba Member

PostPosted: Thu Jun 25, 2020 7:19 pm    Post subject: Re: Abortion ENGINES ONLY Thread, come see the Horror! Reply with quote

Shocked
'66 RIP
'69 RIP
Hosea 4:6 "My people are destroyed for lack of knowledge"
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Gallery Classifieds Feedback
Ceckert64
Samba Member

PostPosted: Thu Jun 25, 2020 9:00 pm    Post subject: Re: Abortion ENGINES ONLY Thread, come see the Horror! Reply with quote

Chickensoup wrote:

Shocked

Sell it for a grand! That’s NOS!!! Laughing

Looks like a good fire starter! Very Happy
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Instagram Gallery Classifieds Feedback
Chickensoup
Samba Member

PostPosted: Fri Jun 26, 2020 8:11 am    Post subject: Re: Abortion ENGINES ONLY Thread, come see the Horror! Reply with quote

Yes, two good fire starters Very Happy it's all fun and all until you burn down the national park and get sent to jail lol.
'66 RIP
'69 RIP
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Gallery Classifieds Feedback
Fish
Samba Member

PostPosted: Fri Jun 26, 2020 9:22 am    Post subject: Re: Abortion ENGINES ONLY Thread, come see the Horror! Reply with quote

Chickensoup wrote:
Yes, two good fire starters Very Happy it's all fun and all until you burn down the national park and get sent to jail lol.

I'd like to hear that story.

.·´¯`·.¸. , . .·´¯`·..><((((º>

# 303 and #156

Stop dead photo links! Post your photos to The Samba Gallery!
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Gallery Classifieds Feedback
Chickensoup
Samba Member

PostPosted: Fri Jun 26, 2020 9:35 am    Post subject: Re: Abortion ENGINES ONLY Thread, come see the Horror! Reply with quote

Fish wrote:
Chickensoup wrote:

Sometime during the 90s, my grandfather was doing who knows what is the foot hills of California. I'm going to assume that he was either drunk as hell and high as usual. A friend had brought two, "special" fire starters. So they chucked the vw cases. Beer cans, and all the logs and twigs into one massive pile. How they lighted the fire? I never heard that part of the story. Anyways, it's the middle of the night, oh, and it's the dry season btw, and someone at the get together told him that he'd bet 20 bucks that he cant make the fire touch the bottom of the tree limbs Shocked next thing he knows a good size chunk of the forest is on fire and all he can see is a massive hoard of lights comming his way in the distance. Shortly after this, he was deported to Canada. This is the same guy who drove one of those big gold mining size dump trucks on the freeway without a license. And would go missing for months at a time starting different families. Yeah...
'66 RIP
'69 RIP
Ceckert64
Samba Member

PostPosted: Fri Jun 26, 2020 11:26 am    Post subject: Re: Abortion ENGINES ONLY Thread, come see the Horror! Reply with quote

Chickensoup wrote:
Fish wrote:
Chickensoup wrote:

Sometime during the 90s, my grandfather was doing who knows what is the foot hills of California. I'm going to assume that he was either drunk as hell and high as usual. A friend had brought two, "special" fire starters. So they chucked the vw cases. Beer cans, and all the logs and twigs into one massive pile. How they lighted the fire? I never heard that part of the story. Anyways, it's the middle of the night, oh, and it's the dry season btw, and someone at the get together told him that he'd bet 20 bucks that he cant make the fire touch the bottom of the tree limbs Shocked next thing he knows a good size chunk of the forest is on fire and all he can see is a massive hoard of lights comming his way in the distance. Shortly after this, he was deported to Canada. This is the same guy who drove one of those big gold mining size dump trucks on the freeway without a license. And would go missing for months at a time starting different families. Yeah...

Wow, that’s crazy! I guess you don’t have to worry about family reunions being boring Laughing

It alway seems family+VW story=bad ending for something...

You could get it started burning and drop it in a pond since it can burn under water.... the fire shouldn’t be able to spread to anything else then under water Very Happy also, there is a whole thread dedicated to burning cases
Fish
Samba Member

PostPosted: Fri Jun 26, 2020 2:10 pm    Post subject: Re: Abortion ENGINES ONLY Thread, come see the Horror! Reply with quote

Holy cow that crazy.

# 303 and #156

View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Gallery Classifieds Feedback
Chickensoup
Samba Member

PostPosted: Fri Jun 26, 2020 3:12 pm    Post subject: Re: Abortion ENGINES ONLY Thread, come see the Horror! Reply with quote

Ceckert64 wrote:
Chickensoup wrote:
Fish wrote:
Chickensoup wrote:

Wow, that’s crazy! I guess you don’t have to worry about family reunions being boring Laughing

It alway seems family+VW story=bad ending for something...

You could get it started burning and drop it in a pond since it can burn under water.... the fire shouldn’t be able to spread to anything else then under water Very Happy also, there is a whole thread dedicated to burning cases

Anyone looking to boil some fish? Laughing

Oh, this is also the same guy who got in a roll over wreck in a beetle with his drunk friends. He was in the middle back seat, everyone dies except him. He's one of those guys you hear about and wonder how in the hell he's even alive lol.
'66 RIP
'69 RIP
Jacks
Samba Member

PostPosted: Fri Jun 26, 2020 10:50 pm    Post subject: Re: Abortion ENGINES ONLY Thread, come see the Horror! Reply with quote

Oh, that’s really sad. Crying or Very sad
busdaddy
Samba Member

PostPosted: Tue Jul 07, 2020 6:12 pm    Post subject: Re: Abortion ENGINES ONLY Thread, come see the Horror! Reply with quote

germansupplyscott wrote:
Not sure if this belongs here, or maybe in the 'Hall of Shame' thread, but this is a pretty 'interesting' upright engine in a late Bus. This seems to have been a running and driving engine in the vehicle - until it stopped running maybe. Not sure on the whole story behind it but I wish there were more photos.

Please don't PM technical questions, ask your problem in public so everyone can play along. If you think it's too stupid post it here

Слава Україні!
Glenn Premium Member
Mr. 010

PostPosted: Tue Jul 07, 2020 6:14 pm    Post subject: Re: Abortion ENGINES ONLY Thread, come see the Horror! Reply with quote

This drove in.

Member #1009

#BlueSquare
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website Gallery Classifieds Feedback
Chickensoup
Samba Member

PostPosted: Tue Jul 07, 2020 7:23 pm    Post subject: Re: Abortion ENGINES ONLY Thread, come see the Horror! Reply with quote

any case thats been been painted should automatically be thrown into this thread. what is it any how? lemme guess, a 1641cc 009 dizzy? Laughing
'66 RIP
'69 RIP
cdennisg
Samba Member

PostPosted: Tue Jul 07, 2020 7:30 pm    Post subject: Re: Abortion ENGINES ONLY Thread, come see the Horror! Reply with quote

It is a well known fact that all of the metal shrouding just holds the heat in.

Get rid of that shit for a cool running motor!
Jacks
Samba Member

PostPosted: Tue Jul 07, 2020 8:51 pm    Post subject: Re: Abortion ENGINES ONLY Thread, come see the Horror! Reply with quote

Glenn wrote:
This drove in.

My late friend Randy purchased and drove a 1970 VW bus from Oregon to Southern California with a similarly dressed engine. Miraculously, he arrived with NO engine damage!!! After fitting all the missing bits, and other needed attention, he continued to drive it as a daily driver, work truck, only vehicle for, for 6 years, when it was hit by another vehicle on the 405 in San Diego and flipped over. Unbelievable. Probably 70,000 miles! Shocked
Lingwendil
Samba Member

PostPosted: Thu Aug 13, 2020 9:56 am    Post subject: Re: Abortion ENGINES ONLY Thread, come see the Horror! Reply with quote

Throwback to the 1776 that came in my super four years ago-

When I pulled the chrome shroud off all the directional vanes were detached and laying on top of the cylinders Laughing We also found the reverse light wiring sucked into the fan and all twisted up, with the center hole of the fan hooked out and rounded oval.

Drained out nearly seven courts of milky oil-

Modify your Kadrons for SVDA http://www.thesamba.com/vw/forum/viewtopic.php?p=8115884#8115884

Cast iron VJU4BR8 SVDA reference thread- https://www.thesamba.com/vw/forum/viewtopic.php?t=...mp;start=0

Need replacement filters for original Kadron aircleaners? WIX #42087 is a perfect fit, as is Napa Gold #2087!
Chickensoup
Samba Member

PostPosted: Thu Aug 13, 2020 10:01 am    Post subject: Re: Abortion ENGINES ONLY Thread, come see the Horror! Reply with quote

Mmmmm. Milky oil Very Happy is that 2 percent? Laughing
'66 RIP
'69 RIP
Reply to topic    Forum Index -> Reader's Rides All times are Mountain Standard Time/Pacific Daylight Savings Time
Page: Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 47, 48, 49 ... 52, 53, 54  Next
Jump to:
Page 48 of 54

Jump to: