Hello! Log in or Register   |  Help  |  Donate  |  Buy Shirts See all banner ads | Advertise on TheSamba.com  
TheSamba.com

Greater Seattle Bus Gathering?
Page: Previous  1, 2, 3 ... , 72, 73, 74  Next
Jump to:
Forum Index -> Bay Window Bus Share: Facebook Twitter
Reply to topic
Quick sort: Show newest posts on top | Show oldest posts on top View previous topic :: View next topic  
2fast4me
Samba Member

PostPosted: Tue Feb 05, 2019 6:06 pm    Post subject: Re: Greater Seattle Bus Gathering? Reply with quote

My wife had an idea too ... if folks are wanting pizza, but we decide to go to Counterbalance, we could pick up a couple Costco pizzas. Then if others wanted to grab food in the surrounding area, they could still do that.
Bleyseng
Samba Member

PostPosted: Wed Feb 06, 2019 10:05 am    Post subject: Re: Greater Seattle Bus Gathering? Reply with quote

There is also Katsu Burgers instead of Stellas which stiffed us for a 15% fee last time . Shocked
87 Syncro Westy Titan Red 2.1L 2 knob 100k miles
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website Gallery Classifieds Feedback
RONIN10
Samba Member

PostPosted: Wed Feb 06, 2019 11:23 am    Post subject: Re: Greater Seattle Bus Gathering? Reply with quote

So long as it's Saturday afternoon/evening, tell me where and when and I'll be there/

Oscar: 1976 Westfalia Deluxe Camper, 2.0L FI, Manual Transaxle
notchboy
Samba Member

PostPosted: Wed Feb 06, 2019 4:22 pm    Post subject: Re: Greater Seattle Bus Gathering? Reply with quote

Bleyseng wrote:
There is also Katsu Burgers instead of Stellas which stiffed us for a 15% fee last time . Shocked

Image may have been reduced in size. Click image to view fullscreen.

OK, this thread is over. You win.

Jason "notchboy" Weigel
1964 1500 S
1964 T34 S Convertible
1977 Westfalia Camper pop-top
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Gallery Classifieds Feedback
Bleyseng
Samba Member

PostPosted: Thu Feb 07, 2019 9:47 am    Post subject: Re: Greater Seattle Bus Gathering? Reply with quote

Now the weather reports say 5-8" of snow Friday night sooo we'll see if this happens.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website Gallery Classifieds Feedback
notchboy
Samba Member

PostPosted: Thu Feb 07, 2019 12:15 pm    Post subject: Re: Greater Seattle Bus Gathering? Reply with quote

Hey I know that feeling. Just this morning I had to contend with a horrific frosting to the windshield - had to use my CostCo card Rolling Eyes and then deal with the Sun shinning through making things hot on my drive past Lake Hodges.

OK, this thread is over. You win.

Jason "notchboy" Weigel
1964 1500 S
1964 T34 S Convertible
1977 Westfalia Camper pop-top
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Gallery Classifieds Feedback
Zelten
Samba Member

PostPosted: Thu Feb 07, 2019 1:47 pm    Post subject: Re: Greater Seattle Bus Gathering? Reply with quote

It's forecasted to snow through the middle of next week with possibly 12 inches. My job already has me working through the weekend due to the snow so I can't attend this weekend if you guys brave it out there.
2fast4me
Samba Member

PostPosted: Thu Feb 07, 2019 8:51 pm    Post subject: Re: Greater Seattle Bus Gathering? Reply with quote

Zelten wrote:
My job already has me working through the weekend due to the snow so I can't attend this weekend if you guys brave it out there.

Dang, that sucks ... Liz and I are still planning on making it out assuming the hill we live at the top of is clear enough to get down (and back up Wink )
2fast4me
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sat Feb 09, 2019 2:33 pm    Post subject: Re: Greater Seattle Bus Gathering? Reply with quote

Well guys ... not sure we’re gonna make it out this afternoon. We’re pretty snowed in here at the house ...

wihr
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sat Feb 09, 2019 2:44 pm    Post subject: Re: Greater Seattle Bus Gathering? Reply with quote

Put on chains and you can climb a telephone pole.

WW

1970 Campmobile "Van Ordinaire"
2009 Lincoln Town Car "Behemoth"
1969 Lambretta 150 DL "Nina"
1962 Matchless G 12 CS 650cc
Xevin Premium Member
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sat Feb 09, 2019 3:18 pm    Post subject: Re: Greater Seattle Bus Gathering? Reply with quote

Shocked Shocked What? Nobody going? Guess we turning around now Wink

Clatter wrote:
Damn that Xevin... Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy

skills@eurocarsplus wrote:
I respect Xevin and he's a turd Razz

SGKent wrote:
My God! Xevin and I 100% agree Shocked
2fast4me
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sat Feb 09, 2019 4:13 pm    Post subject: Re: Greater Seattle Bus Gathering? Reply with quote

Xevin wrote:
Shocked Shocked What? Nobody going? Guess we turning around now Wink

If you guys are still heading this way, I’ll go dig out the Passat. I just figured no one would be making it out.
Zelten
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sat Feb 09, 2019 4:59 pm    Post subject: Re: Greater Seattle Bus Gathering? Reply with quote

I'll be at work until 6 tomorrow morning. Maybe next time.
Xevin Premium Member
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sat Feb 09, 2019 5:20 pm    Post subject: Re: Greater Seattle Bus Gathering? Reply with quote

All good. Be safe and salt free Wink maybe we get some more Seattle folks out next time. Probably not. Think

Clatter wrote:

SGKent wrote:
Bleyseng
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sat Feb 09, 2019 7:05 pm    Post subject: Re: Greater Seattle Bus Gathering? Reply with quote

Too snowy to drive in seattle so we walked to Chinatown for dimsum, 2 miles.
RONIN10
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sat Feb 09, 2019 9:57 pm    Post subject: Re: Greater Seattle Bus Gathering? Reply with quote

I spent all day painting the bedroom. Probably could have driven but I do feel better just staying off the roads. Getting out of the neighborhood is the hardest part.

Oscar: 1976 Westfalia Deluxe Camper, 2.0L FI, Manual Transaxle
Amskeptic
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sat Feb 09, 2019 10:09 pm    Post subject: Re: Greater Seattle Bus Gathering? Reply with quote

RONIN10 wrote:
I spent all day painting the bedroom. Probably could have driven but I do feel better just staying off the roads. Getting out of the neighborhood is the hardest part.

My old rule with snow driving the Road Warrior was if I could see light between the engine and the snow, it was good to go with M+S all weather tires. And it did the Blizzard of '78 from Middletown CT to Stoneham MA, beautifully. There were so few other cars out there in the storm.

But now, I cannot trust sharing the road with these 4wd vehicles, so many of which have grills at my windshield line, driven by people so cocooned in their techno-toy palaces that they don't take slippery roads seriously. And their vehicles don't communicate road surface traction like the old cars with their kicking steering wheels. Add smartphones and distraction.

Not as fun any more with double the cars as 1978. I see so many 4wd vehicles take off smartly, oh they are triumphant, but they seem not to realize that we are all equal when it comes time to stop. Rochester NY, there are just as many lifted pick-ups or Explorers slid out in the center divider as anyone else.

Y'all save your buses from harm.
Colin
Xevin Premium Member
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sat Feb 09, 2019 11:53 pm    Post subject: Re: Greater Seattle Bus Gathering? Reply with quote

Amskeptic wrote:
RONIN10 wrote:

My old rule with snow driving the Road Warrior was if I could see light between the engine and the snow, it was good to go with M+S all weather tires. And it did the Blizzard of '78 from Middletown CT to Stoneham MA, beautifully. There were so few other cars out there in the storm.

But now, I cannot trust sharing the road with these 4wd vehicles, so many of which have grills at my windshield line, driven by people so cocooned in their techno-toy palaces that they don't take slippery roads seriously. And their vehicles don't communicate road surface traction like the old cars with their kicking steering wheels. Add smartphones and distraction.

Not as fun any more with double the cars as 1978. I see so many 4wd vehicles take off smartly, oh they are triumphant, but they seem not to realize that we are all equal when it comes time to stop. Rochester NY, there are just as many lifted pick-ups or Explorers slid out in the center divider as anyone else.

Y'all save your buses from harm.
Colin

I love driving in the snow with an old German camper built for this sort of terrain. Only a handful of dumb dumbs on the road to worry about. Much safer then my typical 5 o’clock commute home in the Subaru. It’s impressive how well these buses and other vintage ACVWs handle in the slick stuff. Comical how many people in modern 4x4s give me the thumbs up while driving around.
I did have to avoid a few abandoned cars on the road Cool For you midwestern folks laughing at us dealing with snow. Realize we only have a couple of snow plows in the Pacific Northwest to deal with these conditions. It’s pathetic.

Clatter wrote:

SGKent wrote:
Bleyseng
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sun Feb 10, 2019 7:54 am    Post subject: Re: Greater Seattle Bus Gathering? Reply with quote

Back in the late 90's Seattle had bought a fleet of snowplows (because of the snow of 1991) that sat and sat for years soo they sold most of them off as surplus. Then the snow of 2008 hit and low and behold the city had just a few snowplows to use. Plus for decades the city used sand as way to fight the ice and snow. That Mayor lost the election as all these new residents wanted salt used, so now we salt the roads ignoring the problem that the salt washes into the lake and sound to hurt the marine live. Sheesh its only for a few days of snow.....but now it's soo important to drive around. We walk.....or take lightrail around so as not to drive our old VW's with the all the SUV's.
DaleNW
Samba Member

PostPosted: Thu Feb 10, 2022 1:33 pm    Post subject: Re: Greater Seattle Bus Gathering? Reply with quote

Hey Y'all - I haven't been on this thread since I left Seattle, but stoked to see the crew is still active and trying to get together.
Don't forget you've got a friend in Colorado if you want to make a road trip this spring and summer!

12,000 ft pass? No problem.

Reply to topic    Forum Index -> Bay Window Bus All times are Mountain Standard Time/Pacific Daylight Savings Time
Page: Previous  1, 2, 3 ... , 72, 73, 74  Next
Jump to:
Page 73 of 74

Jump to: