Hello! Log in or Register   |  Help  |  Donate  |  Buy Shirts See all banner ads | Advertise on TheSamba.com  
TheSamba.com

replaced ignition switch, no brights or turn signal cancel
Forum Index -> Vanagon Share: Facebook Twitter
Reply to topic
Quick sort: Show newest posts on top | Show oldest posts on top View previous topic :: View next topic  
duderanchero
Samba Member

PostPosted: Mon Mar 12, 2012 4:36 am    Post subject: replaced ignition switch, no brights or turn signal cancel Reply with quote

i'm sure the solution is really simple, but i can't figure it out. after putting the steering wheel back on, my high beam switch doesn't work (bends without clicking), and turn signal cancellation is out. where did i screw up this time?

i'll bet if i poked around for a while, i'd get this one myself, but i'm trying to leave for a trip this morning.

thanks you!
Timwhy
Samba Member

PostPosted: Mon Mar 12, 2012 5:01 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Doesn't the turn cancell part of the steering wheel making contact with the signal switch?
Maybe the wheel is not in the proper position, as well as some other things. Take it all
apart again and reasemble.
'91 Tin Top
'90 Cabby
What the Westy wants the Westy GETS

http://www.thesamba.com/vw/forum/album_search.php?search_author=Timwhy&show_results=summary

http://www.youtube.com/user/TIMWHY2?feature=mhee
duderanchero
Samba Member

PostPosted: Mon Mar 12, 2012 10:40 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

i'll do it all over again, again. had to cancel my trip, so now i have time to fool around. thanks for the reply.

moderator, feel free to delete this thread, as it probably won't prove useful to anyone else.
Altoona
Samba Member

PostPosted: Mon Mar 12, 2012 10:50 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Make sure the "hook" on the turn signal stalk is hooked into the high beam switch (which is part of the wiper stalk). This would explain the high beams and could be causing enough friction to affect the turn signal cancel as well.
Reply to topic    Forum Index -> Vanagon All times are Mountain Standard Time/Pacific Daylight Savings Time
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: