Hello! Log in or Register   |  Help  |  Donate  |  Buy Shirts See all banner ads | Advertise on TheSamba.com  
TheSamba.com

Vanagon Living: Shower in your Van
Page: Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
Forum Index -> Vanagon Share: Facebook Twitter
Reply to topic
Quick sort: Show newest posts on top | Show oldest posts on top View previous topic :: View next topic  
nod7
Samba Member

PostPosted: Mon Mar 19, 2012 4:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Am I the only one who thinks its weird that he posted a video of his wife showering? Show me pics of the way the shower was assembled and how it works mechanically. Starting a video with a shot of the shower curtain while someone's in it is just weird.

I'd like to know how it was put together but, even as a tried to skip ahead in the video, it was just more of the wife showering....

weirdo...
House Battery, Yandina, Xantrex & Atwood Install
levi
Samba Member

PostPosted: Mon Mar 19, 2012 5:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

nod7 wrote:
Am I the only one who thinks its weird that he posted a video of his wife showering? Show me pics of the way the shower was assembled and how it works mechanically. Starting a video with a shot of the shower curtain while someone's in it is just weird.

I'd like to know how it was put together but, even as a tried to skip ahead in the video, it was just more of the wife showering....

weirdo...

Things are only weird from an individuals perspective....so maybe examine your own perspective.
To the rest of us, it's just life, I'd think.
gonna see life my way

https://youtu.be/cSrL0BXsO40
VanWilder
Samba Member

PostPosted: Mon Mar 19, 2012 5:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

LMFAO!
VanWilder has given back to me more then I could ever put into it September 22, 2010
Malama Ka `Aina—"Respect the Land"
Stígandi
Samba Member

PostPosted: Tue Mar 20, 2012 4:04 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sometimes we are in public areas. Or it is too cold outside .
used to be known as ShotMagnet

http://vanagonshenanigans.blogspot.com/ new

http://vanagonshananigans.blogspot.com/ old

http://texaskayakfisherman.com/forum/
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Classifieds Feedback
nod7
Samba Member

PostPosted: Tue Mar 20, 2012 10:54 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

levi wrote:
Things are only weird from an individuals perspective....so maybe examine your own perspective.

I guess you're right. I'll try to be more of a perv and less of an engineer.

You don't speak for everyone. Your tactic is obvious. You include yourself by saying, "the rest of us" to try and promote that the majority agress with you. You should work on speaking for yourself and have confidance that your statement is valid without having to use tactics like this... so, maybe examine your own perspective.
House Battery, Yandina, Xantrex & Atwood Install
rubbachicken
Samba Member

PostPosted: Tue Mar 20, 2012 1:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

i think that's the best idea yet, only problem i see, is dumping the grey water
nice one Cool

we might have to copy that idea Wink

lucy's BIG adventure

meet 'burni'

markswagen {mobile mechanic} san diego area all early VW's cared for.

619 201 0310 or 617 935 4182
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Facebook Gallery Classifieds Feedback
VanWilder
Samba Member

PostPosted: Tue Mar 20, 2012 1:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

rubbachicken wrote:
i think that's the best idea yet, only problem i see, is dumping the grey water
nice one Cool

we might have to copy that idea Wink

If you have to shower in the van, then why not drill a hole straight through the floor and put the catch pan under the van. Kinda like a real shower lol. Just a thought. Stand in a pan that drains into a second pan under the van.
VanWilder has given back to me more then I could ever put into it September 22, 2010

Last edited by VanWilder on Tue Mar 20, 2012 2:13 pm; edited 1 time in total
DAIZEE
Samba Member

PostPosted: Tue Mar 20, 2012 2:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

While I am dense these days, I wonder why not the back hatch shower? It's so easy, gives more space and does not introduce added moisture into the van. How dense am I? Well i thought the woman was laying down to take the shower because she couldn't stand up! Laughing
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Facebook Gallery Classifieds Feedback
Typhon2222
Samba Member

PostPosted: Tue Mar 20, 2012 3:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

VanWilder wrote:
We simply use the drain holes that are on the underneath of the hatch to secure the curtain with bungies. We also put some 4 snaps with lines to secure the curtain to the side of the inside of the van so if the wind blow noone see our junk
VanWilder, this sounds intriguing. I've tried to rig up a shower curtain for the back hatch which uses magnets. But using bungies sounds easier.

Could you say more about how you do it? Do you string the shower curtain rings along the bungee, so you can draw the curtain along it, like a curtain on a curtain rod? How do you turn the corners of the hatch?
VanWilder
Samba Member

PostPosted: Tue Mar 20, 2012 4:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Typhon2222 wrote:
VanWilder wrote:
We simply use the drain holes that are on the underneath of the hatch to secure the curtain with bungies. We also put some 4 snaps with lines to secure the curtain to the side of the inside of the van so if the wind blow noone see our junk
VanWilder, this sounds intriguing. I've tried to rig up a shower curtain for the back hatch which uses magnets. But using bungies sounds easier.

Could you say more about how you do it? Do you string the shower curtain rings along the bungee, so you can draw the curtain along it, like a curtain on a curtain rod? How do you turn the corners of the hatch?

One bungie along the bottom of the hatch, and one on each side of the hatch for the turn or the corners. The side bungie ends on the rack on top of the van. Yes we simply put the bungies through the curtain rod rings on the curtain. See photo above. Real simple method. We leave it up for the whole time we are camping. Let me know if you need more photos.
Stígandi
Samba Member

PostPosted: Tue Mar 20, 2012 8:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

levi wrote:
nod7 wrote:

weirdo...

lmao it was her idea

View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Classifieds Feedback
kuleinc
Samba Member

PostPosted: Tue Mar 20, 2012 8:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yeah, I'm more of a shower tent and Zodi kind of guy...
VanWilder
Samba Member

PostPosted: Tue Mar 20, 2012 9:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Stígandi wrote:
levi wrote:
nod7 wrote:

weirdo...

lmao it was her idea
Yea her idea, uh huh, that's what they all say Wink
Typhon2222
Samba Member

PostPosted: Tue Mar 20, 2012 11:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

VanWilder wrote:
Typhon2222 wrote:
VanWilder wrote:

One bungie along the bottom of the hatch, and one on each side of the hatch for the turn or the corners. The side bungie ends on the rack on top of the van. Yes we simply put the bungies through the curtain rod rings on the curtain. See photo above. Real simple method. We leave it up for the whole time we are camping. Let me know if you need more photos.

I DO need more photos! Sorry, but I just can't picture it. Embarassed Would you mind? Razz
VanWilder
Samba Member

PostPosted: Wed Mar 21, 2012 9:35 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Typhon2222 wrote:
VanWilder wrote:
Typhon2222 wrote:
VanWilder wrote:

I DO need more photos! Sorry, but I just can't picture it. Embarassed Would you mind? Razz

The Bungie curtain rod if you will. The sides hook to our roof rack.
Image may have been reduced in size. Click image to view fullscreen.

Simply thread the bungies through the rings. Shower bag on roof or rack. Ours sits in a flat milk create on the rack:wink:

Snaps on inside of Vanagon and on Curtain to prevent the "Peek a Boo" issue if the wind kicks up. You can also guyline and stake the corners out to create a more solid square curtain. Laughing

Typhon2222
Samba Member

PostPosted: Wed Mar 21, 2012 4:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

VanWilder, thanks a lot. The pictures help immensely. Razz
VanWilder
Samba Member

PostPosted: Wed Mar 21, 2012 5:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

[quote="Typhon2222"]VanWilder, thanks a lot. The pictures help immensely. Razz[/quote ]

Enjoy Basil Wink
Stígandi
Samba Member

PostPosted: Thu Mar 22, 2012 5:15 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

http://sphotos.xx.fbcdn.net/hphotos-snc7/425214_35...0841_n.jpg

this is a photo of the shower not in use.

Typhon2222
Samba Member

PostPosted: Thu Mar 22, 2012 8:45 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Stígandi wrote:
You need

2 shower curtains
5 clothes pins
We have used several different collection containers... It is something deep and you feel comfortable standing in.

Very nice. Could you give us some more details of the construction? I'm wondering how the PVC is supported for example. Maybe even pics? :pray:
DAIZEE
Samba Member

PostPosted: Thu Mar 22, 2012 2:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yes innovative but I couldn't use that, too claustrophobic. If had to do it inside then I'd do a sponge bath and wash my hair over the sink (but then I've got a BIGger sink than Westy's do. Like that shower curtain sticking to you all soapy, sorry but yuck. d'oh!
Reply to topic    Forum Index -> Vanagon All times are Mountain Standard Time/Pacific Daylight Savings Time
Page: Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
Page 2 of 3

Jump to: