Hello! Log in or Register   |  Help  |  Donate  |  Buy Shirts See all banner ads | Advertise on TheSamba.com  
TheSamba.com

Newbie again...
Forum Index -> Reader's Rides Share: Facebook Twitter
Reply to topic
Quick sort: Show newest posts on top | Show oldest posts on top View previous topic :: View next topic  
cew
Samba Member

PostPosted: Thu Sep 09, 2021 8:26 pm    Post subject: Newbie again... Reply with quote

Greetings! I don't know if this is the correct forum but I didn't see one entitled "Newbies" or "Introductions" so here goes....

I joined "TheSamba" several years ago but sold my 1961 Beetle after only a few months of ownership. Now, after buying a "fairly solid and complete but needs a lot of love" 1967 Beetle, I've decided to knock the dust off of my login credentials and see what's new in the Bug world.

I'll be searching for some replacement parts as well as tech tips to help get this little car safely on the road. Not trying to restore, only looking to create a solid and reliable driver.

Here are the Body and Engine numbers if someone would like to decipher them:

Body -- 117776550
Engine -- H5297385

Are there any other "numbers" I need to find and record from this car to validate its existence?

Thanks for having me and I'll post some pics when I take some.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Gallery Classifieds Feedback
Big Bill
Samba Member

PostPosted: Fri Sep 10, 2021 6:51 am    Post subject: Re: Newbie again... Reply with quote

Welcome back, those are probably the most important numbers you will need. You could also check behind the spare tire for a Paint Code sticker to see if the OG color is present. ( I am not entirely sure the 67s had the Paint sticker). Enjoy!
vwuberalles
Samba Member

PostPosted: Fri Sep 10, 2021 9:52 am    Post subject: Re: Newbie again... Reply with quote

Welcome back! Once you have some pics start a build thread in the 58-67 Beetle forum. Lots of knowledgeable people that can help you answer your questions along the way!
1973 Superbeetle: 1st car, owned since age 12. Update thread --> https://www.thesamba.com/vw/forum/viewtopic.php?p=9919140#9919140
1967 Kombi: Owned since age 17, Dad's retirement project.
1966 Beetle: My new project. (SOLD) Build thread--> https://www.thesamba.com/vw/forum/viewtopic.php?t=678040
cew
Samba Member

PostPosted: Fri Sep 10, 2021 6:28 pm    Post subject: Re: Newbie again... Reply with quote

Big Bill wrote:
Welcome back, those are probably the most important numbers you will need. You could also check behind the spare tire for a Paint Code sticker to see if the OG color is present. ( I am not entirely sure the 67s had the Paint sticker). Enjoy!

Thank you. I'll look.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Gallery Classifieds Feedback
cew
Samba Member

PostPosted: Fri Sep 10, 2021 6:29 pm    Post subject: Re: Newbie again... Reply with quote

vwuberalles wrote:
Welcome back! Once you have some pics start a build thread in the 58-67 Beetle forum. Lots of knowledgeable people that can help you answer your questions along the way!

Thank you. Will do.
Reply to topic    Forum Index -> Reader's Rides All times are Mountain Standard Time/Pacific Daylight Savings Time
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: