Hello! Log in or Register   |  Help  |  Donate  |  Buy Shirts See all banner ads | Advertise on TheSamba.com  
TheSamba.com

Toddler seat on Jump Seat?
Forum Index -> Bay Window Bus Share: Facebook Twitter
Reply to topic
Quick sort: Show newest posts on top | Show oldest posts on top View previous topic :: View next topic  
shiningstar76
Samba Brewer

PostPosted: Thu Apr 12, 2012 1:10 pm    Post subject: Toddler seat on Jump Seat? Reply with quote

I can't find this covered under the search, but, any opinions out there on putting a rear facing toddler seat on the rear facing jump seat behind the drivers seat? She would be facing forward. I could put her in the back on the bench but I think she'd have more fun seeing where we are going.
My bus caught on fire and is now on the other coast with someone who gave me money for it.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Facebook Gallery Classifieds Feedback
Collie
Samba Member

PostPosted: Thu Apr 12, 2012 6:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

3/4 of accidents are frontal, and higher speed than rear or side impact. Rear facing car seats are meant to keep small children strapped in securely and not "propelled forward" during a crash.

When they 'graduate' to a forward facing they are supposed to be of a certain weight\height so that the human body can more easily withstand the impact.

IMHO, if you put the rear facing car seat in a 'rear facing seat' you are defeating the purpose.

YMMV
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Gallery Classifieds Feedback
RocketSurgeon
Samba Member

PostPosted: Thu Apr 12, 2012 7:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I don't think any modern child safety sest is designed to go in a rear facing seat (at least not the ones I looked at). My one year old was in the back seat from day one and went front facing at about 10 months, he loves looking out the windows.
shiningstar76
Samba Brewer

PostPosted: Thu Apr 12, 2012 7:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks for the reply's. We put the forward facing seat in the back of the westy and she had a blast, sitting back there going "deahhhh!!" to scare me everytime I looked at her in the mirror, and brrrmbbrrrrrmmmm everytime we left a light. Tons of fun.
My bus caught on fire and is now on the other coast with someone who gave me money for it.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Facebook Gallery Classifieds Feedback
Reply to topic    Forum Index -> Bay Window Bus All times are Mountain Standard Time/Pacific Daylight Savings Time
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: