Hello! Log in or Register   |  Help  |  Donate  |  Buy Shirts See all banner ads | Advertise on TheSamba.com  
TheSamba.com

Split Westfalia? ~Chitty Chitty Bang Bang Flies Again~
Forum Index -> Split Bus Share: Facebook Twitter
Reply to topic
Quick sort: Show newest posts on top | Show oldest posts on top View previous topic :: View next topic  
DadaCheese
Samba Member

PostPosted: Fri Apr 13, 2012 8:20 am    Post subject: Split Westfalia? ~Chitty Chitty Bang Bang Flies Again~ Reply with quote

Heard a rumor lately that the sequel book to "Chitty Chitty Bang Bang" in which; "the Tooting family buys an old camper van and begins repairing it, but after installing an engine that once belonged to an extraordinary car...," will be made into a movie(?!?!!).

Has anyone heard this rumor/seen any articles?

Here's the Amazon link to the kid's book:
http://www.amazon.com/Chitty-Bang-Flies-Again/dp/0763659576

Quoting the author (Frank Cottrell Boyce); "If I was a car, sadly (laughing) I'd be a VW Campervan..."

...bet you won't be able to get the original movie's theme song out of your head now.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Gallery Classifieds Feedback
iamdonquixote
Samba Member

PostPosted: Fri Apr 13, 2012 8:27 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

nice.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website Facebook Gallery Classifieds Feedback
Lind
Samba Member

PostPosted: Fri Apr 13, 2012 8:30 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I heard a bit on NPR about it where they interviewed the author. apparently they get an engine out of a junkyard and it turns out to be the magical engine from chitty chitty bang bang. sounds like a fun story for the kids. more press for buses.
VWoA literature and early dealership or distributor literature/pictures/information
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Gallery Classifieds Feedback
busdaddy
Samba Member

PostPosted: Fri Apr 13, 2012 8:43 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Allright, I can get past the magical car's ability to fly, inspire many onlookers to burst into spontaneous, well choreographed musical performances, etc..., but how could such a magical car end up in the junk yard? Isn't it posessed with a similar poltergiest to Stephen King's magical car but in a good witch sort of way more akin to Disneys magical little German car?

Please don't PM technical questions, ask your problem in public so everyone can play along. If you think it's too stupid post it here
Stop dead photo links! Post your photos to The Samba Gallery!

Слава Україні!
cdennisg
Samba Member

PostPosted: Fri Apr 13, 2012 8:51 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Looking forward to reading it with my young daughter. The cynic in me questions whether there are actually any junkyards left with any old cars in them since the EPA and local do-gooders are making them disappear daily.

Last edited by cdennisg on Fri Apr 13, 2012 9:11 am; edited 1 time in total
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Gallery Classifieds Feedback
Busryder
Samba SuperHero

PostPosted: Fri Apr 13, 2012 8:56 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

My 11yr old daughter is gonna LOVE this!! Thanks for the 'heads-up' Dada... I had no idea.

It's now on its way to her... thus returning the favor she did for me scoring me a huge roll of news print yesterday.

I can't wait to see her face when she opens it up. Very Happy

I am a Dick, hear me roar- Laughing

Me, an OVP Lifer...
BarryL Premium Member
Samba Member

PostPosted: Fri Apr 13, 2012 9:22 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

When it flies I hope it has the correct underpinnings. The original was front mounted engine wasn't it? Nevermind; it's a kids movie so it will just fly: deal with it. Ok, I will.
Reply to topic    Forum Index -> Split Bus All times are Mountain Standard Time/Pacific Daylight Savings Time
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: