Hello! Log in or Register   |  Help  |  Donate  |  Buy Shirts See all banner ads | Advertise on TheSamba.com  
TheSamba.com

Looking for paint shop in Beaverton Oregon
Forum Index -> Body/Paint Share: Facebook Twitter
Reply to topic
Quick sort: Show newest posts on top | Show oldest posts on top View previous topic :: View next topic  
awalls
Samba Member

PostPosted: Tue Apr 17, 2012 3:24 pm    Post subject: Looking for paint shop in Beaverton Oregon Reply with quote

Just like it says, I'm looking for a shop or individual in the Beaverton or surrounding area to paint my '64 bug after an engine fire. I would rather find a recommended individual that does side jobs but a shop would be good too. The work needed is not that bad, the deck lid, engine compartment and under the rear window(maybe the whole roof if can't blend). Thanks if anyone lives in the area or knows someone.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website Gallery Classifieds Feedback
mrk_1025
Samba Member

PostPosted: Thu Apr 19, 2012 12:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Why not take this on yourself? Unless it's a show car...DIY!

Also.. what are your intentions for the car? Do you have more than a stock engine?

I would consider something that might give you some sound deadening and easy cleaning capabilites...and can be repaired or touched up easily.
DHMaher
Samba Member

PostPosted: Thu Apr 19, 2012 12:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

How far is House of Ghia? I've heard good things?
See my ads
HarryFD
Samba Member

PostPosted: Fri Apr 20, 2012 6:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi,

I just got my 1970 Bay Window back from KC Collision Center on NE Halsey. I needed to get my windshield frame replaced and had them install some other body panel parts that had rusted away.

Work included replacing my rusted windshield frame, repairing my rusted rear corner and priming my nose and repaired areas. I thought the price was fair and when I had a problem, he was very willing to make things 100% correct. FWIW, he has a few VW's in the shop almost all the time.

A bit of a drive from Beaverton (he is near the Airport). You might want to check him out.
awalls
Samba Member

PostPosted: Fri Apr 20, 2012 9:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks, I'll check out KC collision center. I have heard house of ghia is great but I don't think there close. I'll double check though. I looked into doing it myself but I'm afraid I won't be able to do the vent section, under the rear window, properly. It's pretty charred in there and this would be my first attempt at paint. I'll try and post some pics when I can. I'm thinking that section will have to be media blasted, but what do I know. Also would be willing to do as much prep work as I can for someone to paint it on the side.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website Gallery Classifieds Feedback
HarryFD
Samba Member

PostPosted: Fri Apr 20, 2012 10:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

House of Ghia is in Salem. KC is at SE 80th and Gilsan and across the Street from Halsey Automotive Repair.
Reply to topic    Forum Index -> Body/Paint All times are Mountain Standard Time/Pacific Daylight Savings Time
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: