Hello! Log in or Register   |  Help  |  Donate  |  Buy Shirts See all banner ads | Advertise on TheSamba.com  
TheSamba.com

BUS PANTHER - [email protected] - Ronnie Chang
Page: 1, 2  Next
Forum Index -> Buyer and Seller Feedback Share: Facebook Twitter
Reply to topic
Quick sort: Show newest posts on top | Show oldest posts on top View previous topic :: View next topic  
Viewing feedback for: BUS PANTHER
Email: [email protected]
Last Visited: February 17, 2021
taylah001
Samba Member

PostPosted: Tue Apr 17, 2012 10:35 pm    Post subject: BUS PANTHER - [email protected] - Ronnie Chang Reply with quote

Has anyone delt with Carmen Chang goes by the name Barndoorguy. I paid him $1100 for a Barndoor part at the start of the year and he has given me all types of excuses such as moving, has told me he sent the part and I have still not received it. Being in Australia it makes it a little hard when this happens, I love the VW scene but when you are treated this way it leaves a bad taste in your mouth. Any help would be appreciated his email address (which he is not responding to) is [email protected]

Other/past accounts/emails:
barndoorguy - [email protected]
[email protected]
BUS PANTHER - [email protected]
EverettB Premium Member
Administrator

PostPosted: Tue Apr 17, 2012 11:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I sold him some tires a while back.
No issues.

I sent him an email with your issue and copied you.
Stop dead photo links! Post your photos to The Samba Gallery!
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website Facebook Instagram Gallery Classifieds Feedback
BeaterBarndoor
Samba Member

PostPosted: Wed Apr 18, 2012 7:48 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

best of luck, I have no official 'deals' with him but I did have his provoked interaction which went very similar to what has been written on this forum. I found these writings after searching his name shortly after his weird emails.
http://www.ssvc.org.uk/phpbb/viewtopic.php?f=2&...start=2505
starting with post #6 and onto the next page.
This may not have any relevance to his feedback on samba but thought it might be of help seeing that Im not the only one who has had an odd experience. So Everett, use your judgement to keep or delete my post.

In my email interaction,he was acting as if interested in a part I have advertised. It was a little strange and he claimed he would pay me for the part. Never heard a peep since and Im okay with that.

Whaaaaat?
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address Gallery Classifieds Feedback
sirswank
Samba Member

PostPosted: Mon Apr 30, 2012 7:09 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

hey all,

i've dealt with Ron (Ronnie) Chang in selling a double cab i had listed.
i've spoken on the phone and thru emails with him and am going to share some information i have been told.

first off, i don't know him personally, only what i've been told by him and what i've read online. nothing here is conjecture or heresay, it's what i have been told personally by Ron himself. it is not intended to slander or defame in any way. just the facts, ma'am.

1) ron uses two emails, both listed in the first post. i have received payment from the nktwster@yahoo address via paypal. the other seems to be for general correspondence.
2) i too have been told he was forced to move *edit - removed details* and he needed to deal with that. hopefully this has worked out in his favor.

my story with ron is as follows:

listed DC for sale here in january. ron contacted me expressing interest, sent a deposit. i bugged him for the next few months about final payment and shipping. we emailed and spoke on the phone sporadically. seems he'd get back to me quickly and then go silent for a few weeks. finally sent a chashier's check in the beginning of March for full payment. as of May 1, i STILL have possession of the truck, because he has not arranged shipping. he now owes me 2 months in storage fees. i have been trying to contact him on a near weekly basis but have not received any reply.

he has also since re-listed the truck for sale using my photos.
http://www.thesamba.com/vw/classifieds/detail.php?id=1267788

and has other vehicles listed for sale in other countries.
http://www.thesamba.com/vw/classifieds/detail.php?id=1289171

if anyone has sold him a vehicle but has not worked out delivery, please PM me.

also, if you wish to get his phone number, please email me. the voicemail box is typically full. i have successfully text messaged him as well

Everett... ron has told me you have dealt with him in the past and "he know's you". please provide any input or current contact info if you have it please.

Last edited by sirswank on Tue May 01, 2012 5:47 am; edited 2 times in total
EverettB Premium Member
Administrator

PostPosted: Mon Apr 30, 2012 8:50 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I will send you an email.

sirswank wrote:
Everett... ron has told me you have dealt with him in the past and "he know's you".

We have emailed a bunch as he sends me questions about cars or sellers from time to time. All emails are from his barndoorguy email. I have never met him so I do not "know" him.

Last edited by EverettB on Mon Apr 30, 2012 12:13 pm; edited 1 time in total
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website Facebook Instagram Gallery Classifieds Feedback
restojohnny
Samba Member

PostPosted: Mon Apr 30, 2012 9:32 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I've been dealing with Ronnie for a long time now and he's alway's came thru in good time. He's paid in full when he say's he will and if he said he will be there....for pickup or whatever he is there and has alway's kept his word with me. No issues with him. He's a great guy and if you met him in person you would say the same thing.
53 LHD, LH cargo door standard kombi
54 Pre-A Porsche
55 oval ribbed door non-semiphore
56 semiphore ragtop
63 notchback (work in progress)
67 OG black paint beetle sedan empi accessorized
67 original Empi GTV beetle convertible !!
67 euro squareback
67 deluxe walkthru (work in progress)
67 convertible ghia (work in progress)

"STAY OUTTA MY BACKYARD !!! "
sirswank
Samba Member

PostPosted: Mon Apr 30, 2012 10:25 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

i removed my comments about the stolen car because they did not have any relevance to the rest of my post.

It may well be that all the personal issues are taking up all his time, but i have held this truck for him for the past 4 months and i need it gone.

we had an opportunity to meet last month, but logistics didn't work out.

if there is anyone who knows him, or Ron, if you see this thread, please contact me and the OP regarding these transactions.
EverettB Premium Member
Administrator

PostPosted: Mon Apr 30, 2012 12:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I removed my reply regarding your comments about the Beetle that was stolen - that is best.
MrBusCo Premium Member
Samba Member

PostPosted: Mon May 14, 2012 7:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I had the same experience as above. He wanted to buy my double cab. He sent a deposit, months went by with out finalizing payment. he kept telling me had to move, was foreclosed on, etc. Then I saw his list my double cab for sale which he had not paid for or picked up yet so I just refunded his deposit, even though enough time had gone by that I could have reasonably kept it.

It seems he likes to pay a deposit, then give you lots of sob story excuses as to why he can't finish paying yet, but really it is because he is just trying to flip it. I wouldn't bother selling him a vehicle, and know if you buy a vehicle from him it is most likely a flip that he has not seen, touched, or paid for yet.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address Facebook Gallery Classifieds Feedback
barndoorguy
Banned

PostPosted: Wed May 16, 2012 3:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

This is a reply to the person josh anderson, who i placed a deposit on a double cab he had for sale, upon further inspection , which i will try to post pics of, the repair work on the double cab's rusted floor, rocker and lower half was done so bad my rottweiler rex could have done a better job, like usual he blamed it on the po ( previous owner ) for the repairs. People who know car restoration know that doing the work versus leaving to the professionals save alot of time and money and material in the long run, sure cut out the infected metal clean it up , but do not run high school autobody shop lol ( sorry ) welds throught the whole bus, you can't grind em out without removing it all and starting over again if you want it to look right. Yes he did give me a refund , i must admit , very appreciated. I gave him a deposit , true , i made a mistake , i admit it before fully reviewing all the pics, i do apologize , what i don't appreciate is somebody's insensetivity to there personal lives !!!!

And if you dont believe me , those of you who do know me on the 500 transactions i've done with them, i don't need you to write good things about me , i know who i am. Watched my 84 year old mother for 17 years now , thats all that matters

Ask josh for the pics of the orange dc lol
MrBusCo Premium Member
Samba Member

PostPosted: Wed May 16, 2012 8:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'd be happy to share pics, that is why I posted about 160 of them. Condition of the bus isn't the issue. If you don't have the money to buy a bus you probably shouldn't. I wouldn't have bothered to post feedback if I didn't see you repeating the same thing with others sellers that are just trying to sell their bus.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address Facebook Gallery Classifieds Feedback
ZENVWDRIVER
Samba Member

PostPosted: Tue May 22, 2012 9:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
It seems he likes to pay a deposit, then give you lots of sob story excuses as to why he can't finish paying yet, but really it is because he is just trying to flip it. I wouldn't bother selling him a vehicle, and know if you buy a vehicle from him it is most likely a flip that he has not seen, touched, or paid for yet.

DITTO...
i don't mind guys who are out to flip vehicles...
i recieved a deposit also and after only a couple of days, i realized this deal was not right and refunded the paypal funds to Carmen, aka R, aka Ronnie, aka Barndoorguy. He has not directed any kind words at me since and i'm sure in his mind, i am not trustworthy...in reality, my actions speak for themselves.
Some guys seem to like him, some don't...i have no opinion...after today, i won't even think about Ronnie again.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Gallery Classifieds Feedback
sirswank
Samba Member

PostPosted: Fri Jun 01, 2012 10:37 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

so, my dealing with Ron has a happy ending.

he did finally arrange shipping, got his truck from me, and there was no need to get any 3rd parties involved.

i have no opinions about any of his personal life that is not relevant to our transaction, which is the effect it had on the length of time it took to conclude our transaction.

what RestoJohnny said is true enough. Ron comes thru if you give him enough time.
EverettB Premium Member
Administrator

PostPosted: Fri Jun 01, 2012 4:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Please don't cut & paste comments made elsewhere by other people.

If those people want to post feedback, assuming they have directly dealt with this member, they should come post here.

Thank you.
49barndoor
Samba Member

PostPosted: Wed Jun 13, 2012 3:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ronnie is not to be trusted he is as bent as a ten-bob note.

Deal with this guy at your peril.

He wanted me to collect and paint a bus for him so he could flip it in the UK.
The previous owner still had it sat on his drive 6 months after Ronnie bought it.
I payed a transport Co. to collect the bus and deliver it at my garage.
When it arrived it was a Columbian wreck of a late 53 Standard.
The chassis tag was from a late 54 panel and the paperwork declared the bus to be a 51.
The chassis number was cut from the bus so its OG history would never be known.
It still had a body number which made it a late 53.

I told Ronnie I didnt want to work on the bus but would store it for him inside.
He said if I could help him sell it he would cover my expenses at the very least.
I did deal with a few folks that were interested and I was honest about my findings on the bus.
He eventually found a buyer who could see past these issues.
He did loose on the deal so I knocked some cash of my expenses.
My expenses was only £150 and I said call it £100 as the deal was a wash out for Ronnie and I was glad it was out of my garage.
I stored it in dry storage for over 6 months, I have other cars in storage and there owners pay £80 a month.
I told Ronnie not to worry about storage fees as it was obvious he would loose money on the bus.
As soon as the new owner had payed for the bus Ronnie stopped communications with me and ignored my emails.
Do a guy a favour and he rips you off for peenuts.

He also had some great ideas on how to make this bus look more saleable with the dodgy chassis tag etc etc.
Weatherly
Samba Logistics

PostPosted: Thu Jun 14, 2012 10:01 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

49barndoor wrote:
Deal with this guy at your peril.

He stopped communications with me and ignored my emails.

Do a guy a favour and he rips you off for peanuts

I know a couple people from this site who are like that. In fact, one of them even has sticky-threads in these forums, but I won't mention any names.

Here is Ronnie's recent correspondence with me. Scroll down, it starts at the bottom with, "pretty pretty please" :0/ What a waste of time.

Wait! Hey Ronnie, shall I post our email correspondence about the so-called barndoor 23w roof-clip that you supposedly have in a container coming over the pond from England? It's most likely someone else's clip and container if any even exists to begin with.

Mr. Barndoor-Bullshitter wrote:
matt ronnie here still waiting on finishing my 23 window sale here suppose to get it by Wednesday,

I'll keep you posted

thx

R

To: "[email protected]" <[email protected]>
Sent: Monday, April 30, 2012 9:03 AM
Subject: Re: TheSamba.com Ad - 1963 VW Standard Microbus

Are you planning to buy the bus?

Matt

Sent from my iPhone

On Apr 28, 2012, at 9:47 AM, [email protected] wrote:

I'm here in california

Sent via my Samsung Galaxy Prevail from Boost Mobile

Matthew Weatherly <[email protected]> wrote:

So, where are you located?

Matt

Sent from my iPhone

On Apr 27, 2012, at 8:29 PM, Carmen Chang <[email protected]> wrote:

let me put it together, what part of texas are you from ?? i noticed you have buses coming for sale all the time are you the person who has 500 buses in that area rumored

thx

R

To: "[email protected]" <[email protected]>
Sent: Friday, April 27, 2012 8:11 PM
Subject: Re: TheSamba.com Ad - 1963 VW Standard Microbus

$1400 and it's yours.

Sent from my iPhone

On Apr 27, 2012, at 8:07 PM, "barndoorguy" <[email protected]> wrote:

A visitor to TheSamba.com has replied to your ad for:
1963 VW Standard Microbus    Price: $1450
at: http://www.thesamba.com/vw/classifieds/detail.php?id=1214315
and sent the following message:

1300 pretty pretty please

This email was sent from the logged in user: barndoorguy
Their Samba profile can be seen at:
http://www.thesamba.com/vw/forum/profile.php?mode=viewprofile&u=279305
--- Avoid scams and fraud on the Internet ---
Read http://www.thesamba.com/vw/forum/viewtopic.php?t=253 for more details.
If you have any questions about scams or the content of this email,
please contact the site administrator at [email protected]

Regards,
TheSamba.com
http://www.thesamba.com

rxBusboy
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sat Jun 16, 2012 10:58 pm    Post subject: barndoor guy Reply with quote

I had a deal gone bad with barn door guy. I was buying his 1963 23 for 17k . He bought it in North Dakota and was flipping it to me. I was paying 17k because he told me it was 95% complete with no major rust.It is a very restorable bus but he forgot to tell me about the v8 conversion done to the bus and the ford 9" rear end fabricated into the back of it. The bus was not as complete as he said it was and advertised it as.

So I gave him 5k and that was supposed to be for a week until the bus got to his shop. If I wasn't happy with the bus the deal was he would refund my 5k.

But then about a week later the bus still had not arrived and Ronnie was calling me daily in desperate need of another 10k before the bus had arrived. He needed the money for personal reasons and after 2 days he had talked me into giving him another 8k. When I gave him that 8k I asked for the bus to be delivered straight to my house and he agreed and called the shipping company right there on the spot. So the next day after I gave him that 8k I found out my bus was at his shop and wasn't be delivered to me.

So I go down to pick it up and it is not what I expected or what he expected supposedly. SO I just ask for my money back but he doesn't have it. Seems to me that he gave a few other bus sellers deposits with the money I gave him, bought a double cab and a 1964 21.

So I was supposed to get my 13k back in a few days or by june 10th at the latest. then it turned into he is gonna fix up the bus and sell it for 35 k and then pay me back . At this point I lost all faith in getting my 13k back so I went down to his shop and picked up the bus I bought off of him . Then gave him 2 options. Option A was give me my 13k back and I'll give you the bus back and Option B was I'll give him 4k which was the balance of original deal and I wanted the parts to the bus. After he called the police on me multiple times saying I stole a car from him and 3 days later he came up with my 13k and I gave him the bus back.

At the end of the day I can't blame him completely but feel I was mis led and lied to . I will not deal with him again but I have to say he is a sharp guy and good at what he is doing but would recommend only purchasing something from him if it was seen in person first.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website Instagram Gallery Classifieds Feedback
blacktopbeatnik
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sun Jun 17, 2012 8:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ronny bought a 23 window from me. He paid quickly and it left on a transport with in a month. I have had better luck with him then I've had with other buyers.
MrBusCo Premium Member
Samba Member

PostPosted: Mon Jun 18, 2012 11:05 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ronnie bought some popout windows from me and all went well.
sirswank
Samba Member

PostPosted: Mon Jul 02, 2012 6:58 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

has anyone heard from this guy recently? he still owes me $500.

also, google turns up some interesting things when you put in someone's full name. just saying....
Reply to topic    Forum Index -> Buyer and Seller Feedback All times are Mountain Standard Time/Pacific Daylight Savings Time
Page: 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: