Hello! Log in or Register   |  Help  |  Donate  |  Buy Shirts See all banner ads | Advertise on TheSamba.com  
TheSamba.com

augusto cesar de lima - [email protected] - Augusto Lima
Forum Index -> Buyer and Seller Feedback Share: Facebook Twitter
Reply to topic
Quick sort: Show newest posts on top | Show oldest posts on top View previous topic :: View next topic  
Viewing feedback for: augusto cesar de lima
Email: [email protected]
Last Visited: August 08, 2023
RHD Notch
Samba Member

PostPosted: Tue Apr 24, 2012 9:02 am    Post subject: augusto cesar de lima - [email protected] - Augusto Lima Reply with quote

Buyer BEWARE on this seller. I purchased 5 of the Fumagalli wheels he has advertised here on theSamba.

http://www.thesamba.com/vw/classifieds/detail.php?id=992964

I paid him $1408 via PayPal on January 3, 2012. He was very accomodating in answering my questions. After payment I started to get the run around about an illness he has, the manufacturer had a production slow down, he had to drive a 150km to get the wheels etc etc...here it is nearly May and he hasnt answered my most recent emails...he seemed a nice guy, but I'm now feeling scammed. PayPal is working this, but I dont have my hopes up. Hopefully I can keep other Samba members from feeling my same pain. Stay tuned, I plan on updating this feedback profile as this begins to take on a life of it's own...Gary
I have some other projects I'd like to finish first and I want to drive this bus while I'm working on those to help stay motivated.
RHD Notch
Samba Member

PostPosted: Tue Apr 24, 2012 2:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Update: So today I get home and three of the wheels are on my porch. I can only hope the additional two are in transit. It seems as though I have not been scammed which is good, but I would still tell anyone who is thinking about buying these wheels to proceed with caution because four months is too long to wait...great looking wheels, but I'm doubtful that most people would have put up with a transaction taking this amount of time.

Another bit of advice...If you have used PayPal to pay for an item and it seems it will take longer than 45 days to receive the item...file a claim with the PayPal resolution department. They will contact the seller and be an intermediary to see that the transaction is completed by the seller. Once the 45 days has passed since you paid for the item that you didn't receive, it makes it harder to initiate a claim...words of wisdom for sure.

I will offer an apology for my prior scathing feedback, but do believe this has taken way too long. I had previously told the seller if he could not complete this transaction for whatever reason to please find someone who could or send me a refund...I can't think of anyone who would have exercised patience for this long.
I have some other projects I'd like to finish first and I want to drive this bus while I'm working on those to help stay motivated.
RHD Notch
Samba Member

PostPosted: Tue May 15, 2012 1:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well here I am three weeks on from my last post and still waiting for my last two wheels and ten center caps to arrive...I emailed the seller at both his personal and business contacts on May 10th...no reply yet. I don't even know if the wheels are on their way from Brazil...He did send me photos of them all boxed up and ready to ship, but that was months ago. June 3rd will make five months since the seller was paid in FULL! He has had an illness to contend with, but if he knows one other person in his general locale, it is IMO no excuse to have taken soooo long to ship five wheels when he could have handed them off and kept the scathing feedback from being read by all...stay tuned, I'm sure the plot will thicken before it thins...RHD
RHD Notch
Samba Member

PostPosted: Mon May 21, 2012 10:48 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

So today the seller deletes his ad for the Fumagalli wheels...He still hasn't answered my emails including the one I just sent yesterday requesting an update on whether or not the last two wheels and ten center caps have even shipped...He's told me twenty times he is a man of his word and hopefully they have shipped and the cat's got his tongue, but if not, which is what I suspect...he owes me $563.20 for the remaining two wheels and ten caps + shipping that I've so far been scammed on...shame on him. He's obviously in good enough health to go on theSamba. So now, I'm stuck holding three wheels...and maybe someday the other two will show up, but I'm not holding my breath...I do know karma is a mo-fo though...please think long and hard about transacting any business with this seller...I guess he could change his user name, but also beware of any newbies in Sao Paulo, Brazil...Thanks again Augusto Mad
RHD Notch
Samba Member

PostPosted: Tue Jun 26, 2012 7:48 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Here's an update regarding my wheels...last week, the last two wheels and caps arrived. Five frickin months after I paid...the seller has been blowing up my inbox because he didn't like how I had previously characterized him in his feedback profile. I will say that I was NOT scammed, however he did take way too long to send the wheels and fellow Samba users should still beware before transacting business with him...I will not retract any of my previous statements as I believe that if you intend on selling via the web, you should have a backup plan in the event of unforeseen circumstances...
ConcreteAce
Samba Member

PostPosted: Mon Jun 03, 2013 8:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I purchased a set of 5 wheels from Augusto. After reading his feedback on here I was concerned if I made the right decision. I started off with a few emails we arrived at a price, and I placed my order. Augusto did not take payment from me until the wheels where ready to ship so that made me feel a whole lot better about sending the full amount. Augusto answered every email that I sent him during the process. Tracking numbers where provided once the packages where shipped. The whole transaction took about three months to complete. I would purchase from this seller again.

'51 Deluxe
'61 Build
'68 Turbo Diesel Baja
'64 Ghia Vert
'61 Baja Build
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website Gallery Classifieds Feedback
nicolass
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sun Nov 17, 2019 2:11 am    Post subject: Re: augusto cesar de lima - [email protected] - Augusto Lima Reply with quote

Great and smooth deal with Augusto super fast shipping.Will buy for sure again fromthis seller.Thanks Augusto
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Gallery Classifieds Feedback
Reply to topic    Forum Index -> Buyer and Seller Feedback All times are Mountain Standard Time/Pacific Daylight Savings Time
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: