Hello! Log in or Register   |  Help  |  Donate  |  Buy Shirts See all banner ads | Advertise on TheSamba.com  
TheSamba.com

Bubble top Bus with town diorama in the back
Page: Previous  1, 2, 3
Forum Index -> Split Bus Share: Facebook Twitter
Reply to topic
Quick sort: Show newest posts on top | Show oldest posts on top View previous topic :: View next topic  
RalphMH
Samba Member

PostPosted: Fri Jan 19, 2018 12:18 pm    Post subject: Re: Bubble top Bus with town diorama in the back Reply with quote

Just found another picture of the Bausparkasse transporters in my VW Informationen collection, issue Nr 41 / 1959

Image may have been reduced in size. Click image to view fullscreen.

Any more out there ?
mandraks
Samba Member

PostPosted: Fri Jan 19, 2018 1:37 pm    Post subject: Re: Bubble top Bus with town diorama in the back Reply with quote

62DoKaGuy wrote:
Although I'm not a Schwabndeifi, these two examples from Schwäbisch Hall really underline the Swabian work-ethic motto "schafe, schafe Häusle baue," which means "work, work, build a house."

I find it really cool to see how the regional culture is slapped on and in a VW. Through in a hot mama, and it's the perfect package. Not sure how I feel, though, about those curved rear corners...on the trucks, not the hot mamas haha.

you mean "schaffe, schaffe Häusle baue". Schafe are sheep Wink

sheep, sheep, build a house is a totally different message Smile

Uli

----------------------------------------
'53 3-Fold Oval, L35 Metallic Blue, looking for a narrow hatch panel
62DoKaGuy
Samba Member

PostPosted: Fri Jan 19, 2018 2:33 pm    Post subject: Re: Bubble top Bus with town diorama in the back Reply with quote

mandraks wrote:
62DoKaGuy wrote:
Although I'm not a Schwabndeifi, these two examples from Schwäbisch Hall really underline the Swabian work-ethic motto "schafe, schafe Häusle baue," which means "work, work, build a house."

I find it really cool to see how the regional culture is slapped on and in a VW. Through in a hot mama, and it's the perfect package. Not sure how I feel, though, about those curved rear corners...on the trucks, not the hot mamas haha.

you mean "schaffe, schaffe Häusle baue". Schafe are sheep Wink

sheep, sheep, build a house is a totally different message Smile

I voi Depp, hab i des gar ned gmerkt hahaha. Des san olle Breisn.

4/62 Double Cab
5/61 Panel (sold)
4/59 Single Cab (sold)
Who.Me? Premium Member
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sun Jan 27, 2019 7:40 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

bcampagnolo wrote:
BarryL wrote:
Totally, plus, there should be a scale single cab with a scale neighborhood with another mini scale bus with another mini-mini scale to infinity.

STOP! The room is spinning now. Shocked Very Happy

And now you can have that infinite loop...

https://www.mrs-modellautos.de/product_info.php?la...gL_L0SX1Qs

Looking for info on my truck's history. Are you from Campbell California or nearby. Do you recognise it? ... http://www.thesamba.com/vw/forum/viewtopic.php?t=636786
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Gallery Classifieds Feedback
BarryL Premium Member
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sun Jan 27, 2019 11:44 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Who.Me? wrote:
bcampagnolo wrote:
BarryL wrote:
Totally, plus, there should be a scale single cab with a scale neighborhood with another mini scale bus with another mini-mini scale to infinity.

STOP! The room is spinning now. Shocked Very Happy

And now you can have that infinite loop...

https://www.mrs-modellautos.de/product_info.php?la...gL_L0SX1Qs

Is that what the yellow device is: a virtual infinity viewer?
Who.Me? Premium Member
Samba Member

PostPosted: Tue Mar 09, 2021 12:21 pm    Post subject: Re: Bubble top Bus with town diorama in the back Reply with quote

I don't think these are related, but I don't remember seeing any other single cabs modified to have round rear bed corners, other than the Schwäbisch hall ones.

This was posted on Facebook today...

https://www.facebook.com/photo/?fbid=10158207158171747&set=gm.3851364674931878

Looking for info on my truck's history. Are you from Campbell California or nearby. Do you recognise it? ... http://www.thesamba.com/vw/forum/viewtopic.php?t=636786
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Gallery Classifieds Feedback
FarmerBill
Samba Member

PostPosted: Tue Mar 09, 2021 12:56 pm    Post subject: Re: Bubble top Bus with town diorama in the back Reply with quote

Who.Me? wrote:
I don't think these are related, but I don't remember seeing any other single cabs modified to have round rear bed corners, other than the Schwäbisch hall ones.

This was posted on Facebook today...

What a fascinating split. I wish there were better pictures of the side. It appears to be in Andorra?, and it shares a home with a 1950s Mercedes Benz truck!
bobrk
Samba Member

PostPosted: Tue Mar 09, 2021 1:15 pm    Post subject: Re: Bubble top Bus with town diorama in the back Reply with quote

Who.Me? wrote:

My wild ass guess is that it's a regular bus that's been modified. I don't see any evidence of a single cab cab....

1500 single port | 1963 small nut/big brake transaxle | CSP Disc Brakes | dual circuit m/c | Deutsch Polster seats
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Instagram Gallery Classifieds Feedback
EverettB Premium Member
Administrator

PostPosted: Tue Mar 09, 2021 5:52 pm    Post subject: Re: Bubble top Bus with town diorama in the back Reply with quote

bobrk wrote:
Who.Me? wrote:

My wild ass guess is that it's a regular bus that's been modified. I don't see any evidence of a single cab cab....

This was my first thought too, I vote for that unless it's proven otherwise
Stop dead photo links! Post your photos to The Samba Gallery!
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website Facebook Instagram Gallery Classifieds Feedback
BarryL Premium Member
Samba Member

PostPosted: Wed Mar 10, 2021 6:39 pm    Post subject: Re: Bubble top Bus with town diorama in the back Reply with quote

RalphMH wrote:
Just found another picture of the Bausparkasse transporters in my VW Informationen collection, issue Nr 41 / 1959

Any more out there ?

Was each diorama a different village or exactly the same?
zehbeh
Samba Member

PostPosted: Tue Jul 13, 2021 12:41 am    Post subject: Re: Bubble top Bus with town diorama in the back Reply with quote

Just saw this transporter as a 1:18 model from Schuco.
j.pickens
Samba Member

PostPosted: Tue Jul 13, 2021 12:51 am    Post subject: Re: Bubble top Bus with town diorama in the back Reply with quote

That's astounding!
The amount of work to reproduce those buses, and to do it as well as they did is quite impressive. Check out the tail lights, backup light, and reflectors.

i wish more people would actually drive their vws rather than just talking about what they have in the garage.

Red Fau Veh wrote:
If you've seen one sunroof swivel seat kombi, you've seen them all! Cool
Reply to topic    Forum Index -> Split Bus All times are Mountain Standard Time/Pacific Daylight Savings Time
Page: Previous  1, 2, 3
Page 3 of 3

Jump to: