Hello! Log in or Register   |  Help  |  Donate  |  Buy Shirts See all banner ads | Advertise on TheSamba.com  
TheSamba.com

Suggestions with parts van
Forum Index -> Vanagon Share: Facebook Twitter
Reply to topic
Quick sort: Show newest posts on top | Show oldest posts on top View previous topic :: View next topic  
Leebo
Samba Member

PostPosted: Mon May 07, 2012 1:12 pm    Post subject: Suggestions with parts van Reply with quote

I think I am past the newbie stage, but still a novice at tinkering with my van. Below is what I have done thus far:

•New rear heater core hose “T”s
•New breather tower hose and o-ring
•Replaced fuel lines; including o-rings on fuel injectors
•New fuel filter
•Changed gear/tranny oil
•New coolant
•New muffler
•New gaskets for camper hook-ups
•New spark plugs
•Oil change with new oil filter
•New tires (the recommended 185R14)
•Repaired horn
•Replaced coolant temperature gauge sender
•New windshield wipers
•Painted poptop
•New Westfalia decals on poptop
•Replaced rear hatch struts (no more getting hit in the head!)
•Rented a steam cleaner and cleaned all of the upholstery and carpet
•Removed rear, main living area carpet and replaced w/ hardwood floors
•Replaced broken panels on inside
•Detailed wash and wax of body/paint
•Re-painted upper and lower front grills, side mirrors, rear air vents, bumper end caps and strips
•Replaced missing bumper end cap
•Removed and washed all curtains
•Replaced broken electric connection face plate
•Removed, sanded, and repainted rusted kitchen trim panel
•Removed broken skylight and replaced, for the time being, with plexiglass (no more leaks!)

I have come across an ’85 tin top that has no engine or tranny, but everything else. It is a very short drive from my house to the van; which is being advertised as a parts car. I think the owner wants to sell it as one piece, but if I am able to buy just parts – what should I buy? Any "extra" items I may just want to stock pile?

The only “known” problems on my van right now are my cv boots, a stuck brake caliper, odometer and speedometer do not work and my front heater blower does not work.

I’m hoping some of you with more experience working on these vanagons may have some suggestions. Thanks!!!
Reply to topic    Forum Index -> Vanagon All times are Mountain Standard Time/Pacific Daylight Savings Time
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: