Hello! Log in or Register   |  Help  |  Donate  |  Buy Shirts See all banner ads | Advertise on TheSamba.com  
TheSamba.com

356 Registry Survey--new
Page: 1, 2, 3  Next
Forum Index -> Porsche - 356 Share: Facebook Twitter
Reply to topic
Quick sort: Show newest posts on top | Show oldest posts on top View previous topic :: View next topic  
janerick3
Samba Member

PostPosted: Mon May 07, 2012 10:06 am    Post subject: 356 Registry Survey--new Reply with quote

I just took a survey on the 356 Registry website that asks a number of questions about the 356 Registry website, magazine and Holidays, using a PCNA/Porsche AG-sponsored survey tool.

Since the survey is partially a Porsche AG marketing tool, there are a number of questions regarding buying and servicing of Porsches through the dealer network that I had to wade through.

Since there are no threads either here or on the 356 Registry forums, I'm guessing the survey was posted this morning. The first 300 respondents providing a mailing address will be shipped a scale model kit of 356 #1 as shown on the main survey page (unlike the limited-edition Hot VW buses, you actually have a chance of getting one of these).

I believe you have to be logged in to the 356 Registry website for the survey link to appear (I was still logged in from the other day when the survey popped up on the home page this morning), so I think it's only open to 356 Registry members (edited my post from earlier once I noticed I was still logged in...).
jjjjack
Samba Member

PostPosted: Mon May 07, 2012 1:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks for posting this...wouldn't have noticed it since I go straight to the forum.

Interesting to note: one question asks generally if you like the website (no mention of forum), and the rest is fixated on The Holidays and the magazine. It even asks specifically how to improve the magazine.
IG:j.stenner
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Twitter Instagram Gallery Classifieds Feedback
MoPor
Samba Member

PostPosted: Mon May 07, 2012 2:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I wouldn't have noticed it either. I think it is fixated on whether or not I will be buying a new Porsche.
jjjjack
Samba Member

PostPosted: Mon May 07, 2012 2:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

MoPor wrote:
I wouldn't have noticed it either. I think it is fixated on whether or not I will be buying a new Porsche.

Haha, that too!
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Twitter Instagram Gallery Classifieds Feedback
Drew Ogden
Samba Member

PostPosted: Mon May 07, 2012 8:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

It was the most disappointing survey I have ever taken. I was excited to actually have some club input, but it seemed to just be a marketing tool....
mpribanic
Samba Member

PostPosted: Tue May 08, 2012 3:30 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Just took it. I agree it will have no effect on the recent change to a closed forum. I too would have missed it like Jjjjjack. Thank you for posting it up.

https://vimeo.com/67661950
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Facebook Gallery Classifieds Feedback
foamcar
Samba Member

PostPosted: Tue May 08, 2012 6:49 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hate to disagree with the disappointed above,, but there is an opportunity near the end to enter your comments, which I have done. Yes there are questions most of us don't care about, and yes, it should have been announced on the forum, but let's give a little benefit of the doubt here that the comments section will actually be read, analyzed and acted upon.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Gallery Classifieds Feedback
captcory
Samba Member

PostPosted: Tue May 29, 2012 3:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

just got my gift for filling out the survey...thanks Samba for letting me know about the survey. I'm a registry member and didn't even know about it. I had to find out about it here.

Image may have been reduced in size. Click image to view fullscreen.
[/img]
356JAEGER
Samba Member

PostPosted: Tue May 29, 2012 4:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

foamcar wrote:
Hate to disagree with the disappointed above,, but there is an opportunity near the end to enter your comments, which I have done. Yes there are questions most of us don't care about, and yes, it should have been announced on the forum, but let's give a little benefit of the doubt here that the comments section will actually be read, analyzed and acted upon.

I have been watching the 'forum' over there and given the total censorship of any words the Stormtroopers deem unpalatable, the read and analyzed portion you mention, will be followed by insertion into the trash bin. The survey is to see if there's any upside to Porsche lending it's support to the 'club ' or if the members subscribe to the old adage ' Sure Porsche made cars after 1965, but who cares ' ? If you aren't a candidate for a new Porsche why should they invest themselves ?
They are a business, not a cult as some seem to think. A guy driving a plastic speedster gives them as much connection to their past with the public as any real Porsche. It's also interesting to note that those who obviously had opposing opinions on that site were purged from membership and participation just prior to the 'survey'.

When in doubt, think about it..
The outcome of a project is directly proportional to its preparation.

Last edited by 356JAEGER on Tue May 29, 2012 9:07 pm; edited 2 times in total
Glenn Premium Member
Mr. 010

PostPosted: Wed May 30, 2012 4:28 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I wonder when i'll receive my gift since I competed the survey. I just hope the fact that I was removed from their membership afterwards doesn't mean i won't get it because I was a"valued member" when I completed the survey.

Member #1009

#BlueSquare
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website Gallery Classifieds Feedback
jjjjack
Samba Member

PostPosted: Wed May 30, 2012 4:35 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I cancelled my membership, asking for a refund (which I received) -- all about the same time as the survey -- and still got my gift from Porsche yesterday. If you don't get yours, Glenn, then someone is playing games!

Last edited by jjjjack on Wed May 30, 2012 5:27 am; edited 1 time in total
Glenn Premium Member
Mr. 010

PostPosted: Wed May 30, 2012 4:48 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

jjjjack wrote:
If you don't get yours, Glenn, then someone is playing games!

They already are. Nixon would be proud of what's been done.

Member #1009

#BlueSquare
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website Gallery Classifieds Feedback
malibubill
Samba Member

PostPosted: Wed May 30, 2012 9:03 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

LHG wrote:
That was Bill Sampson's post. He is known as MalibuBill here and is a new member. He decided to let his 10 year Registry membership lapse due to recent events and made a goodbye post thanking many of his friends in the Registry. It was edited by a moderator and then Bill deleted it. They are running a super regulated forum over there right now.

We welcome Bill to TheSamba 356 Forum.

Thanks for the welcome Brian. I hope it is not inappropriate to post what I wrote on the Registry here, prior to its editing and deletion. I really did have an enjoyable ten years with the Registry, thanks to many who are here and many who remain there. Although I didn't say goodbye explicitly I will not renew when my subscription lapses tomorrow. Here it is. (If it's wrong to have it here I understand and certainly won't object to its deletion, Everett. After all, I AM pretty new here and it is certainly a different, and in my opinion more pleasant, culture.) Here it is.

Quote:

Although I don't have the exact date today is the closest I could come up with for my tenth anniversary as a Registry member. Naturally age and shredded records may reveal a more accurate date. Precision is not that important in this instance.

I have made many friends and wish to thank as many of them as memory and space permit. First, Dick Douglass, my first Porsche friend and still a good friend. He and Ed Swain made me and Rosemary feel particularly welcome at the Central Coast club events - guys, can you move them back to Solvang?

Janice Herndon for being our best "PCA" friend. When support was needed she was ALWAYS there.

Al Zim for serving the members themselves and advocating for good government with transparency without thought for himself or any exclusive clique while he was a trustee - and, for patiently answering the dumbest questions this shade tree (at best) mechanic posed about keeping his car on the road. Thanks also for helping tirelessly with my several years of monitor/moderator duty and serving with me in that capacity – you were and remain among the best we’ve had in that position.

Bruce Baker for likewise pitching in on my dumb questions, for being an intelligent sounding board and making my once in a while good ideas even better, as well as for his sense of humor.

Ron LaDow for his erudition and his well made parts, Ab Tiedeman, Jack Staggs, Brad Ripley, Jim Brezeale (also a source of good humor), Alan Klingen, Joe Leoni (who called me back and walked me through a problem on a SUNDAY on his own dime), Harry Pellow (R.I.P.) for spending a LOT of time helping me and for liking the Mothers of Invention, Bill Block for helping me with books in the early going, Brett Johnson for some interesting “conversations” about these cars AND about his beautiful Buick, John Willhoit, Jim Callaway, Mike Doyle, Steve Heinrich, Bob Campbell for the appraisal, Gordon Maltby for the overnight and the genesis of the idea for the phenomenally successful Drive Your Woodie Day, Pete McNulty, Mister everything for the Porsche 356 Club and one of the best reasons to own a 356 even though I cannot get to Orange County very often – thanks for the pliers and the Optima cover too Pete, Mike Wilson for the surfboard racks and “playing them forward,” Bazza – you know who you are dude, I’m sure I’ve left a bunch of you out – attribute that to failing memory and not lack of appreciation.

Brian O’Kelly for dozens, probably hundreds of hours spent in programming the forum software to generate email digests for those who preferred that means of delivery. For you geeks that means that Brian made our system both “push” and “pull” – I think we kept a lot of people initially due to Brian’s efforts. Barry Brisco – when I resigned after several years Barry stepped up and worked tirelessly for all of us, not just a few – he is most deserving of the praise of all of us. Barry probably put in more volunteer time than any officer/director/worker for the club.

Robin Hansen and Rick Dill for persuading the board some years before my time to create the 356 talk list at a time that almost no car clubs or any other social organizations used that technology. Thanks to those two for asking me to be a list monitor back then. I “met” dozens, probably hundreds of email friends – it was truly a pleasure to spend most of that time helping fellow members get their equipment/software/the list to work better (or at all) for them. Thanks even to those who on the old talk list who took what little “correction” that the monitors had to mete out with generally good humor. Back then draconian removal/censorship/deleting of postings was not technologically available to us and we had to maintain order through persuasion rather than by jack boot, fiat or personal political whim. Even our best known “problem child” was personally kind to me, at least some of the time, although there was little I could do to help him when some of the abusers chose to “bait” him. The technology wasn’t there then so we did our best.

Dave Hill for showing me what my car SHOULD look like although as we both know mine really was never Bali Blue but was and is custom painted from the factory. Buck Schneider for New Years.

There are many others. The membership makes it worthwhile and great for the people, like me, who have enjoyed the club. Thanks.

Bill Sampson
Barry Brisco
Samba Member

PostPosted: Wed May 30, 2012 9:34 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Glenn wrote:
I wonder when i'll receive my gift since I competed the survey.

Hi Glenn,

I completed the survey I think on the first day it was available, and received the "gift" (which I have not yet opened) within 4 days of doing the survey. I was surprised at how fast it arrived. I assume that the gift was shipped by Porsche, as the survey was obviously created by Porsche to give them marketing information and the Registry was allowed to add some questions of their own. I filled out the survey because I wanted to give the Registry my feedback on recent issues, since the Trustees have not responded to two emails I sent to them weeks ago.

Glenn, if you would like the gift that was sent to me I would be glad to mail it to you. I don't collect Porsche models.

Bill, thanks for the kind words in your attempted 356talk post.

Best regards,
1959 356A coupe #105553
1959 356A Convertible D #86439 (sold)
1964 356C coupe #216966 (sold)
2009 Porsche Cayman (daily driver)
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Gallery Classifieds Feedback
janerick3
Samba Member

PostPosted: Wed May 30, 2012 10:23 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

After reading Bill's unedited post above, may I suggest renaming this forum "Porsche - Matt 356", after "Matt Three", the original 356 Talk List problem child -- allegedly a pseudonym for Karmann Ghia guru Richard Troy, who was also permanently banned from the talk list at the same time?

Back to the gift. Since both Cory and Jack S. received their models yesterday, it appears the bulk shipment for the rank-and-file Registry members left PCNA (Atlanta) on Friday, which means (hopefully) I'll be receiving mine within the next day or two. I'm guessing the Registry "insiders", including Barry (at the time) got theirs early. Are the models serialized?
jjjjack
Samba Member

PostPosted: Wed May 30, 2012 10:53 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

janerick3 wrote:
Are the models serialized?

No.
malibubill
Samba Member

PostPosted: Wed May 30, 2012 4:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

My model arrived today (5/30/2012). As a fellow pariah, Glenn, I was a little suprised. Pleasantly. I hope you get yours too.
356 Registry Hall Monitor Award 2008
Wiggy
Samba Member

PostPosted: Wed May 30, 2012 9:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm sure I will not get mine as well. Oh well - I can go out in my garage and look at the real thing.

My 58 Ghia Vert

My 51 Split 11G

My 57 Deluxe

My 56 Oval
Pat KG
Samba Member

PostPosted: Thu May 31, 2012 11:42 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

My "prize" came in today's mail. Cute! Wonder what the results of the survey are, and will the results be published on the website? They should be!
dsrtfox
Samba Member

PostPosted: Thu May 31, 2012 4:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Got mine today 5/31
Reply to topic    Forum Index -> Porsche - 356 All times are Mountain Standard Time/Pacific Daylight Savings Time
Page: 1, 2, 3  Next
Page 1 of 3

Jump to: