Hello! Log in or Register   |  Help  |  Donate  |  Buy Shirts See all banner ads | Advertise on TheSamba.com  
TheSamba.com

Early bay tach how to (pic heavy) FAQ
Page: Previous  1, 2, 3, 4
Forum Index -> Bay Window Bus Share: Facebook Twitter
Reply to topic
Quick sort: Show newest posts on top | Show oldest posts on top View previous topic :: View next topic  
Keith
Samba Member

PostPosted: Wed Feb 26, 2014 12:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Volktales wrote:
Take a look in your Bentley manual. This mod has no effect on defogger operation at all.

If you are disconnecting a wire to the defrost switch entirely ( not piggybacking) then how is that switch working anymore?

"I firmly believe that some villagers from Botswana could probably build a better road than PennDot."- Splitty

"If you do anything to your car someone will hate on you for it. People absolutely love to complain and find fault with others. Don't let it bother you. Just live and have fun."- Lind
Volktales
Samba Member

PostPosted: Wed Feb 26, 2014 12:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The wire that supplies power to the switch and the wire from the switch to the defroster grid are still intact and working in every way. This modification is a separate wire that does not interfere with defogger operation. Look at the Bentley wiring diagram and you will see this.
1964 Ghia, ongoing project 2007-
1962 Beetle Beryl,original paint survivor 2012-
1970 Savannah Beige Beetle 2012-
1992 16v GTI, 100% stock 2006-
1991 "Terseo", wife's old daily 1995-
1969 Chevrolet CST/10 (family owned since new)
1965 Gold Corvair Monza 2021-
1966 and 1965 Monza 2022-
Trashman
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sun Oct 22, 2017 11:38 pm    Post subject: Re: Early bay tach how to (pic heavy) FAQ Reply with quote

to the OP: can we get the photos back up in the samba gallery?
Trashman
Samba Member

PostPosted: Wed Aug 22, 2018 6:42 pm    Post subject: Re: Early bay tach how to (pic heavy) FAQ Reply with quote

I finally got around to making one of these myself! I did of course have to make some modifications though. I wanted to have a tach that had a max rpm reading that would be room fit for a 1600, so instead of using a 8k tach, I used a 6k tach. The specific one I used was an Autometer Autogage 2306. I remade the gauge face in order to work with the new tach. The only other different thing that I did from the original post was a made my own needle, shaped out of a piece of pvc pipe. This thing is awesome!

Image may have been reduced in size. Click image to view fullscreen.

Reply to topic    Forum Index -> Bay Window Bus All times are Mountain Standard Time/Pacific Daylight Savings Time
Page: Previous  1, 2, 3, 4
Page 4 of 4

Jump to: