Hello! Log in or Register   |  Help  |  Donate  |  Buy Shirts See all banner ads | Advertise on TheSamba.com  
TheSamba.com

No Power To Power Door Locks
Forum Index -> Vanagon Share: Facebook Twitter
Reply to topic
Quick sort: Show newest posts on top | Show oldest posts on top View previous topic :: View next topic  
vers13
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sat Jul 06, 2013 7:06 pm    Post subject: No Power To Power Door Locks Reply with quote

So I've recently bought all new lock actuators, replaced the old ones, plug them into the body harness, lock the door and.. NOTHING, no sound at all. I tested the voltage at the red (constant 12v) and brown (ground) wire and am getting nothing. I also checked/replaced the 20A fuse, but that didn't help. While I was under there and since I had to remove that one screw to pull the fuse box down, I tried to look for any wiring connections that might've come undone. The only one I found was a single black with red stripe wire with a yellow male connector that wasn't plugged in. Anybody know what this is for? I've also read of there being a possible break or damage in the wiring, but the whole thing is sheathed in insulation all the way to the dash, how could it get damaged?
Kombi
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sat Jul 06, 2013 7:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

not seeing a reference for "black with red stripe wire " associated to actuators in wiring diagram. sounds like a test connector.

My doorlocks work and I believe I have the same unconnected wire above fuse panel.

As to the breakage- where wires are often broken is in the door itself.
When you open and close the wiring between body and door can get pushed out of place and over the years breaks.

aged wires get brittle and no longer flex the way they once did.

Air Riders, VW Club
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website Gallery Classifieds Feedback
Reply to topic    Forum Index -> Vanagon All times are Mountain Standard Time/Pacific Daylight Savings Time
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: