Hello! Log in or Register   |  Help  |  Donate  |  Buy Shirts See all banner ads | Advertise on TheSamba.com  
TheSamba.com

Barndoor Mafia
Page: 1, 2, 3 ... 863, 864, 865  Next
Jump to:
Forum Index -> Split Bus - Barndoor Share: Facebook Twitter
Reply to topic
Quick sort: Show newest posts on top | Show oldest posts on top View previous topic :: View next topic  
AlanInMass54
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sat Aug 30, 2003 7:07 pm    Post subject: Barndoor Mafia Reply with quote

Hello! I'm new to the whole barndoor bus thing but I see a bunch of references to this group. Can anyone tell me what they're all about? Are they evil? Thankyou!
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Gallery Classifieds Feedback
mynameismud
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sat Aug 30, 2003 8:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Alan- I have emailed them myself but no response. I have heard neiter bad not good- (other than them buyig up the barndoors- as if thats bad). I have had the best luck from Brendan, Rikki, Simon- and several others. Let me know if you need anything-
UZI
Platinum FUBU

PostPosted: Sat Aug 30, 2003 8:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

i have hung out with the barndoor mafia. i have been offered and consumed carne asada, jagerschitzel and been thru parts stashes and swap meets in germany with mafioso higherups. i have met al pacino, big baby jesus and been there for the bad camberg birthday celebration of the "barndoor king". i have met others but the mention of their names on the www is not recommended. i myself am but a plebian dreamer in their midst but i can tell you they know their stuff and are not afraid to slam it on the ground yo. if you are looking for barndoor parts and think you can get around them, good luck. better men have tried and failed. representatives will be at bulli brigade for a meet and greet.

Quote:
mannys66: South Philly Van Club, only the most influential and freshest van club in the vw scene
Quote:
Cuņado: Chrome will get you home!!!!!!!!!!
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address Gallery Classifieds Feedback
AlanInMass54
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sat Aug 30, 2003 8:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi again Paul! Are they in this country? As long as they dont trash or strip good barndoors thats OK I guess.. But hoarding them is bad.. Ah well! Al Pacino? Big Baby Jesus..?!? Sounds like a scary bunch..

Last edited by AlanInMass54 on Sat Aug 30, 2003 8:34 pm; edited 1 time in total
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Gallery Classifieds Feedback
mynameismud
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sat Aug 30, 2003 8:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hey Alan- I honestly do not know of them - personally. Cool If you need anything thou- parts, sheet metal, etc. drop me a line. I may be able to offer a hand. Wink
AlanInMass54
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sat Aug 30, 2003 8:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi again, again! I'll definately take you up on any sheetmetal you might have around, mine is slightly lacking in that department! haha Very Happy Very nice of you to offer, by the way! Earlyman, who is the "barndoor king" ??
BUCIOBATISTI
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sat Aug 30, 2003 11:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Let me tell you this, the Barndoor Mafia absolutely exists and just like "Indo", they are not to be messed with. I paid a visit to Rome (the "Motherland") with Saluzzo, the Mano Nera di Sorrento back in January of 2000. I swear to god that when we walked the streets, the soundtrack to the Godfather could be heard in the wind. We took care of some business for our Italian fratelli, Big Bobby Blitvich (aka Bobby Hollywood), and The Vichingo. They are THE major Bus dudes of Italy. They got that place wired and are wetting their beaks at every turn. The Barndoor Mafia is doing their best to round up all the Barndoors they run across but those Italian testi di cazzi left some scraps for the rest of the world. I know of a Barndoor Kombi with a optional rear hatch that they left in Portugal and a '54 Kombi that the Vichingo left for dead in Bologna. That Bus now resides in the States and belongs to a dude referred to as "Brick Top". As you can plainly see, their reach is truly worldwide and they are underground and connected. Watch your step...

That's the best place to see the latest things we are up to as well as catch an occasional sneak peek of our latest car and parts listings!
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website Instagram Gallery Classifieds Feedback
KamperKitJay
BDM Hit Man

PostPosted: Sun Aug 31, 2003 12:39 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hey I heard a rumor that the barndoor mafia gave some guy cement overshoes just for callin a bus a bug!!! I also heard that there is a "list" of certain individuals that are going to be rubbed out for various "crimes against splits" Oh, and don't even look at their women!!!!!
mynameismud
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sun Aug 31, 2003 4:04 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

E-mail me Alan-
UZI
Platinum FUBU

PostPosted: Sun Aug 31, 2003 6:04 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

that was a rumor about the cement shoes. i'm told with few exceptions the barndoor mafia has an unspoken policy of non-violence.

as for who is "the barndoor king"...that's on a need to know basis. i'll tell you this, there will more than likely be sightings of him at BOR today wearing dark velvet snowboarding pants, dark velvet t-shirt with an ermine collar, jewel encrusted dark sunglasses worn not over his eyes but on his crown which is a baseball hat. hopefully he'll find me a bitchin 36 horse bus motor.
if your gonna trod in the kings fiefdom, you have to hand over the lire.

Quote:
mannys66: South Philly Van Club, only the most influential and freshest van club in the vw scene
Quote:
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address Gallery Classifieds Feedback
AlanInMass54
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sun Aug 31, 2003 7:49 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Good day! Well count me out of this barndoor mafia sillyness! Sounds like a bunch of part-hoarding, bus-hoarding fruitcakes. They've probably been buying them up for years, no wonder us honest guys wh are trying to fix these things cant find any parts. Hell just the taillights alone are more than I paid for my 54 bus itself! I found some ratty ones and as near as I can tell they're NOT MADE OF PLATINUM!! Ok then! Very Happy
mynameismud
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sun Aug 31, 2003 8:07 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yah- it floors me how much those little pieces of glass go for- What makes it more humorous is- of all the running barndoors around which the majority have their lights- there are more tail light sets for sale...soooooo thinkin' along that line- wouldn't the ligts be cheaper? Shocked - Obviously I don't get it either.

If you are not going strickly OG- there are some good repro lights/ bezels out there.

What parts- pieces are you looking for?

I lived in Woodbridge, VA. for a year Alan- and made several trips to Manassas- but before I was into VW's.
AlanInMass54
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sun Aug 31, 2003 8:26 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hey Paul! I hear that! These people dont like VWs for what they are - great cars- they just want to squeeze every cent out of them they can, it's sad! Actually I'd like some dual contact taillights like 55-57 had, so I could wire up real directionals in the back!

As far as parts I have almost everything on the bus already, maybe a proper left fluted headlight glass? It's got the right assembly but the glass was swapped with a 60's style one at some point. Oh and the brake light bulb holder/license light bulb holder fixture would be good! I was poking around in the engine bay when the prop arm slipped and my head broke the old one! Very Happy

I've never been to Manassas, too far for me. Mass to VA is a good drive!

Last edited by AlanInMass54 on Sun Aug 31, 2003 8:44 am; edited 1 time in total
mynameismud
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sun Aug 31, 2003 8:40 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

well freakin' DUH on my part Shocked - MASS. is where u are at not Manassas- shit - brain-fart, not enough java this a.m. i spose-
AlanInMass54
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sun Aug 31, 2003 8:55 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yessir, I'm up north, pretty much any old VW you find here beeds a goodly amount of welding. We dont have it easy like the west-coasters, haha! I'm off to work on the Bus! Smile
UZI
Platinum FUBU

PostPosted: Sun Aug 31, 2003 9:47 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

[quote="AlanInMass54"]Good day! Well count me out of this barndoor mafia sillyness! Sounds like a bunch of part-hoarding, bus-hoarding fruitcakes.

curiosity and the cat are one thing, you may have crossed the line with this line of poetry.... maybe a representative would like to take you out back to the rants.

Quote:
Quote:
AlanInMass54
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sun Aug 31, 2003 10:12 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hello! I dont know, it sounded pretty accurate to me anyways, other people I've talked to agree! But I dont want to cause trouble or hurt feelings... So whats another word for fruitcakes? Think (just kiddin, haha) Please give Mr. Pacino my regards, I've enjoyed several of his movies! AND like I asked before who is the "Barndoor King"?
BUCIOBATISTI
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sun Aug 31, 2003 10:47 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

"Bus hoarding fruitcakes"!!!??? Sounds like Saluzzo is gonna have to "place an order" from Bobby Hollywood and have this Allan mammalucco whacked... By calling a made man and his genti "fruitcakes" you pretty much sealed your fate to swim with the fishes my friend. You might as well have talked in a unholy light about his mama or the madonna mary... PORCO DUE!

That's the best place to see the latest things we are up to as well as catch an occasional sneak peek of our latest car and parts listings!
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website Instagram Gallery Classifieds Feedback
mynameismud
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sun Aug 31, 2003 10:51 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

uh- ohhhhhhhh.....back slowly away, do not look them directly in the eyes. Cool and you might, just might make it out alive-
mynameismud
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sun Aug 31, 2003 10:54 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hey - I just located another barndoor, less than an hour north of me- Very Happy

...but the damn farmer won't let me remove it from his prized Round Barn- man it frosts me that people think these things are Rare or something. There are tons around the midwest... Laughing Laughing :fist:
Reply to topic    Forum Index -> Split Bus - Barndoor All times are Mountain Standard Time/Pacific Daylight Savings Time
Page: 1, 2, 3 ... 863, 864, 865  Next
Jump to:
Page 1 of 865

Jump to: