Hello! Log in or Register   |  Help  |  Donate  |  Buy Shirts See all banner ads | Advertise on TheSamba.com  
TheSamba.com

Gas heater switch question
Forum Index -> Bay Window Bus Share: Facebook Twitter
Reply to topic
Quick sort: Show newest posts on top | Show oldest posts on top View previous topic :: View next topic  
tootype2crazy
Samba Member

PostPosted: Fri Jun 01, 2012 9:47 am    Post subject: Gas heater switch question Reply with quote

A long shot on this question, I know. I am installing a BA4 gas heater from a 411 in my bus. The switch I have is part number 411 963 107 C. The switch for the BA4 is supposed to be part number 411 963 107 A. It appears I have the one for the BA6. The terminal designations appear to be different on the switch compared to the diagram. Does this make a difference? Should I sell my BA6 switch and try to get a BA4 proper switch?
1970 Single Cab 2.1 turbo/EFI 6 Rib, 78 front beam, vanagon backing plates on rear (project)
2001 GTI VR6 (wife's)
notchboy
Samba Member

PostPosted: Fri Jun 01, 2012 10:00 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Are you using a timer switch you twist or a push pull type? The timer ones are specific to the heater, three types I belive. Your type the BA4, one for the BN4 and one for a BA6. I know the plug on the back of a BA6 to a BN4 are diffent (pretty sure) and not able to criss cross (some please correct if wrong).

So Id sell the BA6 and get a BA4 Wink

OK, this thread is over. You win.

Jason "notchboy" Weigel
1964 1500 S
1964 T34 S Convertible
1977 Westfalia Camper pop-top
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Gallery Classifieds Feedback
tootype2crazy
Samba Member

PostPosted: Fri Jun 01, 2012 10:13 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

This one you push in and turn to the right to set the timer. I am certain this is a BA6 switch. The BA4 one is different because the 411 has the option of using a clock to preset it coming on at a certain time which is awesome, btw. I guess I need to sell the one I have and get the proper one. Anybody need a BA6 switch?
1970 Single Cab 2.1 turbo/EFI 6 Rib, 78 front beam, vanagon backing plates on rear (project)
2001 GTI VR6 (wife's)
notchboy
Samba Member

PostPosted: Fri Jun 01, 2012 10:33 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

tootype2crazy wrote:
This one you push in and turn to the right to set the timer. I am certain this is a BA6 switch. The BA4 one is different because the 411 has the option of using a clock to preset it coming on at a certain time which is awesome, btw. I guess I need to sell the one I have and get the proper one. Anybody need a BA6 switch?

Get the clock Wink Make it fit the bus dash. Or maybe make a bus one work Question I have one for a T3. The bus, T3 and 4 had that cool clock option. Set it and forget it.

OK, this thread is over. You win.

Jason "notchboy" Weigel
1964 1500 S
1964 T34 S Convertible
1977 Westfalia Camper pop-top
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Gallery Classifieds Feedback
Reply to topic    Forum Index -> Bay Window Bus All times are Mountain Standard Time/Pacific Daylight Savings Time
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: