Hello! Log in or Register   |  Help  |  Donate  |  Buy Shirts See all banner ads | Advertise on TheSamba.com  
TheSamba.com

Propex won't turn off
Forum Index -> Vanagon Share: Facebook Twitter
Reply to topic
Quick sort: Show newest posts on top | Show oldest posts on top View previous topic :: View next topic  
flipcorp
Samba Member

PostPosted: Mon Dec 09, 2013 1:45 pm    Post subject: Propex won't turn off Reply with quote

So I fired up my Propex HS2000 for the first time this season, and 'lo it worked perfectly. So I shut it off, went for a drive, parked - ran it for a couple of hours - again perfect.

But it won't shut off. I put the switch in the middle position (no LED), assuming it would vent out and eventually shut down, but no. I put it in the fresh air position for ~20 minutes (Green LED), and still it kept going. Eventually I pulled the fuse and shut off the gas. Any thoughts? Do these thermostats somehow stick? loose wire? regulator?

Any advice appreciated.
'79 Vespa
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website MSN Messenger Classifieds Feedback
westyventures
Samba Member

PostPosted: Mon Dec 09, 2013 5:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Call Propex USA. 301.637.2299. In that doesn't work, email is as good or better: heatersales at propexusa dot com.

Chances are this is one of two things. Loose or poor connection on the wires where they screw to the thermostat board, or the opposite - overtightened and cracked the printed circuit of the thermostat. If you haven't already found the problem, pull the thermostat cover then the board off its mount and carefully examine the printed circuit (with a magnifier) while wiggling both connections for the wires. If you find a cracked solder joint that will be the problem. Otherwise, get in touch - we've not seen this problem caused by any other thing yet.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website Instagram Gallery Classifieds Feedback
Reply to topic    Forum Index -> Vanagon All times are Mountain Standard Time/Pacific Daylight Savings Time
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: