Hello! Log in or Register   |  Help  |  Donate  |  Buy Shirts See all banner ads | Advertise on TheSamba.com  
TheSamba.com

Goshen - [email protected] - Zachariah
Page: 1, 2  Next
Forum Index -> Buyer and Seller Feedback Share: Facebook Twitter
Reply to topic
Quick sort: Show newest posts on top | Show oldest posts on top View previous topic :: View next topic  
Viewing feedback for: Goshen
Email: [email protected]
Last Visited: May 27, 2021
vamram Premium Member
Samba Member

PostPosted: Tue Jun 12, 2012 7:13 pm    Post subject: Goshen - [email protected] - Zachariah Reply with quote

First time i've left feedback, unfortunately it's not good.
I purchased a pair of heat exchangers from this seller which were completely misrepresented in the pictures. Sad

They were presented as for a so cal '67 bug, in "very good" condition w/"no rust." The oposite was true as it turns out. Mad

Rusted through holes, shells rusted off of the j-tube on both ends of the exhaust, and lots of surface rust. Useless as heat exchangers and heaters. Twisted Evil

Tried to come to an amicable resolution w/the seller, no go, not even w/close-up pictures of what he sent and w/assistance from another party high-up in the Samba. The kuduhorn's reply was "if you don't like them, sell them and buy others." Exclamation Evil or Very Mad Evil or Very Mad

So buyer beware.

Victor

Moderator notes:
Previous username: THE.KUDU.HORN
Previous username: Rabbi_Zachariah - [email protected]
Previous username: The Jewish Guy - [email protected]
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Gallery Classifieds Feedback
Goshen
Samba Member

PostPosted: Tue Jun 12, 2012 10:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hold a moment...

You paid $59.00 which was a very good price for Heat Exchangers that came off a '67 California Bug that I bought pert near two months ago. You even told me that the price appealed to you because you didn't want to spend that much money because everyone else were selling them for above $80 and into the 100's.

Surface rust is all it had and when I took a wire brush to it that is what came off... surface rust. Even if it had a small hole in the outer shell you said you could probably get it welded and my mechanic said someone could charge you about $10.00 for less than 5 minutes worth of work.

Here is the proof that the Heat Exchangers came from SoCal.

Image may have been reduced in size. Click image to view fullscreen.

Do you need another pic ?
How about this one ?

Do you need to see the Bill of Sale dated April 13th, 2012 ?

Well for that I have to get to my office and scan this document.

Are you aware that when you buy an item on ebay and you decide that you don't want it depending on the seller if it is an All Sales Final type of situation the seller might allow you to return the ebay item. But when you return to the ebay seller guess who pays for the return Shipping? The Buyer does and you want to get over by not paying for Shipping and on top of that get a refund for the initial shipping.

I don't know what country you are from but in America things are done this way. You talked about Ethics and that I wasn't ethical..

I any case I have responded to your feedback because I have all the emails where you can you be judge by a counsel of your peers and see who was forthright in this matter and who wasn't.

May Hashem have mercy on you and show you what it is to have patience and above all Keep His mitzvohs by keeping the Sabbath holy.

Shalom Uvracha,

Zach'Riah Shmuely

Last edited by Goshen on Thu Jun 14, 2012 6:28 am; edited 1 time in total
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail AIM Address Gallery Classifieds Feedback
Saint76
Samba Member

PostPosted: Tue Jun 12, 2012 11:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

This whole thing made me laugh.. Very Happy awesome..

Take it to Beit Din...
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Gallery Classifieds Feedback
vamram Premium Member
Samba Member

PostPosted: Wed Jun 13, 2012 3:39 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I never doubted they came from a '67 so cal. And EVERYONE here is looking for a bargain. But not a misrepresented bargain, which is what you sold, period.

"Goyim?" "What country i'm from?" I'm supposed to accept a misrepresented product because it's from another Jew? Wow. Laughing

You live in a civil society pal, not a theocracy. Obviously you're not from where I was born or from any country i've lived in. In this one, your response borders on ethnic and religious slur. Idea

Nice job insulting at least half the population of the Samba and doing it publicly! Rolling Eyes

Good luck in all your future endeavours!
Goshen
Samba Member

PostPosted: Wed Jun 13, 2012 7:28 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

vamram wrote:
I never doubted they came from a '67 so cal. And EVERYONE here is looking for a bargain. But not a misrepresented bargain, which is what you sold, period.

"Goyim?" "What country i'm from?" I'm supposed to accept a misrepresented product because it's from another Jew? Wow. Laughing

You live in a civil society pal, not a theocracy. Obviously you're not from where I was born or from any country i've lived in. In this one, your response borders on ethnic and religious slur. Idea

Nice job insulting at least half the population of the Samba and doing it publicly! Rolling Eyes

Good luck in all your future endeavours!

Goyim has nothing to do with a country... you should try googling it or ask your Rabbi on next high holidays.

It is really something that you seem accustomed to using verbiage that is not common to some people but your aim to impress with the carefully selected eloquent words is supposed to make your comments that much more appealing ? Was that your intention... Tomato is still tomato no matter how you spell it.

I didn't insult at least half the population of the samba because the prior messages were only directed towards you Victor whereas I may press on and educate you a bit on the word "Goyim" means non-jew or gentile which is what I referred to you as. If you had been a Jew as you implied by requesting a tallit from my Judaica store for your son who just had a Bar Mitzvah then you shoud know what that word meant. Apparently not but it is expected in most instances that if you are a conservative Jew then you most likely only attend Temple on High Holy Days and not in between.
I am modern orthodox Jew and attend Chabad every Shabbos and during the week for Torah studies.

In any case, thank you for the select choice of words of which I understand very well... It was delightful a read.

I am over 50 years of age and I am in Israel twice a year and have lived or visited just about every Latin American country from the tip of Argentina to Colombia and Central America.

Seek Torah and keep the Sabbath Holy

Kol tov,

Zach'Riah
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail AIM Address Gallery Classifieds Feedback
Goshen
Samba Member

PostPosted: Wed Jun 13, 2012 7:41 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Saint76 wrote:
This whole thing made me laugh.. Very Happy awesome..

Take it to Beit Din...

Toda rabah Saint... if we were in Israel I am sure that i could find one in din torah but here in America they are very few but I may just bring it up as a conversation piece next time I am in the Boro Park section of Brooklyn.

Thank you for the comment .. I found it entertaining.

Is your forum name based on Simon Templer "The Saint" ... it was one of my favorite shows growing up in Brooklyn

Anyway thank for chiming in... but I am afraid I will not be commenting any longer... I have a project '67 to work on.

achar tzahara'im tovim

Zach'Riah
VWKDF
Samba Member

PostPosted: Wed Jun 13, 2012 7:58 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

THE.KUDU.HORN wrote:
and just simply a Goyim.

http://www.thefreedictionary.com/goyim
Quote:
goy (goi)
n. pl. goy·im (goim) or goys Offensive
Used as a disparaging term for one who is not a Jew.

Yeah a bit offensive.
vamram Premium Member
Samba Member

PostPosted: Wed Jun 13, 2012 9:09 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Impressive passport!

From http://dictionary.reference.com/browse/goyim

Quote:
goy
   [goi] Show IPA

noun, plural goy·im  [goi-im] Show IPA, goys. Often Disparaging .
a non-Jewish person; gentile.

Also, goi.
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Origin:
1835–45; < Yiddish < Hebrew goi nation, non-Jew, Jew ignorant of the Jewish religion
UZI
Platinum FUBU

PostPosted: Wed Jun 13, 2012 10:17 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

THE.KUDU.HORN wrote:
Hold a momento Goyim...

i happen to be a goyim and i find this offensive.

i'm gonna report you to the goyim defense league.

Quote:
mannys66: South Philly Van Club, only the most influential and freshest van club in the vw scene
Quote:
Cuñado: Chrome will get you home!!!!!!!!!!
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address Gallery Classifieds Feedback
Low67vdubinnocal
Samba Member

PostPosted: Wed Jun 13, 2012 11:42 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I thought VW. was its own religion and we left our other ones at the door.
Erik G
Samba Member

PostPosted: Wed Jun 13, 2012 11:45 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

How about pictures of the heater boxes in question, instead of religeous insults? Maybe the pics that were initially used for the sale, vs pics of what arrived?
EverettB Premium Member
Administrator

PostPosted: Wed Jun 13, 2012 12:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ad content:
Quote:
Heat Exchangers,Bug 61-74, from SoCal No Rust ! Price: $59

Heat Exchangers, Bug 61-74, Bus 61-71 Price: $ 59.00
Left and Right Pair
Fits Type 1 1961-1974
Fits Type 2 1961-1971

These Heat Exchangers are in really good condition.. I bought a 1967 California Beetle and you know they don't have rust problems over there and these are Rust free. I sanded them and cleaned them. I painted them black to protect them. Really nice shape.

I have a UPS account so they are boxed and ready to go and will ship at the lowest rate possible. Just to let you know on the quotes I have given lately have been between $25.00 to $29.00 Insured
The box weighs 29 lbs and Dimensions are 27" x 10" x 10"

Seller's photos (from ad):

Buyer's photos (sent to my email, resized down to 1024x768):

Stop dead photo links! Post your photos to The Samba Gallery!
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website Facebook Instagram Gallery Classifieds Feedback
Goshen
Samba Member

PostPosted: Wed Jun 13, 2012 12:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Erik G wrote:
How about pictures of the heater boxes in question, instead of religeous insults? Maybe the pics that were initially used for the sale, vs pics of what arrived?

They are the same photos .. I took them myself in my garage with my digital camera. The photos were taken before my mechanic brushed the surface rust and sprayed them with Rust Oleum black paint. My mechanic felt it would be a good idea to at least put a layer of protection with paint so we did just that. The Heat exchagers sold for $59.00 which is not a bad price at all considering the condition of many others that the buyer had seen on the site.

http://www.thesamba.com/vw/classifieds/detail.php?id=1307574
vamram Premium Member
Samba Member

PostPosted: Wed Jun 13, 2012 12:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
I thought VW. was its own religion and we left our other ones at the door.

Amen.
Gary
Person of Interest

PostPosted: Wed Jun 13, 2012 12:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

EverettB wrote:
Ad content:
Quote:
Heat Exchangers,Bug 61-74, from SoCal No Rust ! Price: $59

Heat Exchangers, Bug 61-74, Bus 61-71 Price: $ 59.00
Left and Right Pair
Fits Type 1 1961-1974
Fits Type 2 1961-1971

These Heat Exchangers are in really good condition.. I bought a 1967 California Beetle and you know they don't have rust problems over there and these are Rust free. I sanded them and cleaned them. I painted them black to protect them. Really nice shape.

I have a UPS account so they are boxed and ready to go and will ship at the lowest rate possible. Just to let you know on the quotes I have given lately have been between $25.00 to $29.00 Insured
The box weighs 29 lbs and Dimensions are 27" x 10" x 10"

Seller's photos (from ad):

Those photos are not very clear and are too dark for one to ascertain any idea of the condition of the boxes. The seller should have posted pictured of all sides/angles of each heater box and in much better lighting. I because the ad states there was no rust I would be inclined to side with the buyer although the buyer even though the buyer probably should have asked the seller for photos of the other sides/angles of the items. Based on the seller's attitude in this thread, I doubt he would have reciprocated.

Last edited by Gary on Wed Jun 13, 2012 1:06 pm; edited 1 time in total
Erik G
Samba Member

PostPosted: Wed Jun 13, 2012 12:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hold up, wait a minute

THE.KUDU.HORN wrote:
Hold a momento Goyim...

Surface rust is all it had and when I took a wire brush to it that is what came off... surface rust.

and then

THE.KUDU.HORN wrote:
The photos were taken before my mechanic brushed the surface rust and sprayed them with Rust Oleum black paint.

So which was it? You can't even keep a story straight in the same thread?

THE.KUDU.HORN wrote:
The Heat exchagers sold for $59.00 which is not a bad price at all considering the condition of many others that the buyer had seen on the site.

This is irrelevent, it was your ad that said "These Heat Exchangers are in really good condition.. I bought a 1967 California Beetle and you know they don't have rust problems over there and these are Rust free. I sanded them and cleaned them. I painted them black to protect them. Really nice shape."

Not someone elses ad, yours did. All other ads from other users are completely un-related
vamram Premium Member
Samba Member

PostPosted: Wed Jun 13, 2012 1:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I did ask for additional pics, he replied w/essentially the same info as his ad stated - so cal bug, mechanic checked them, etc. I should've walked away at that point. Embarassed
Gary
Person of Interest

PostPosted: Wed Jun 13, 2012 1:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

vamram wrote:
I did ask for additional pics, he replied w/essentially the same info as his ad stated - so cal bug, mechanic checked them, etc. I should've walked away at that point. Embarassed

Chalk it up to a lesson learned.
So Cal Bug? Big whoop.
Mechanic checked them? Big whoop.
Seller won't oblige you with additional detailed photographs? RED FLAG.

BTW - Check your PM.
Goshen
Samba Member

PostPosted: Wed Jun 13, 2012 1:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I did not furnish additional photos because the items were already boxed and packaged with Styrofoam and ready to be shipped.

The bottom line is that it had surface rust and it doesnt matter whether my mechanic or I myself metal brushed them and painted them. That is just semantics and the units were advertised as such ... It was the first sale I made on the site and I have less than 5 items total to sell out of my SoCal bug.

$59.00 was a fair price for what he received ... the problem is that he must have wanted them in perfect condition but those ones in perfect condition cost a whole lot more.

For example

$150.00 pair for these:

http://www.thesamba.com/vw/classifieds/detail.php?id=350319

$100.00 for this set:
http://www.thesamba.com/vw/classifieds/detail.php?id=350316

$75.00 for these
http://www.thesamba.com/vw/classifieds/detail.php?id=1315932

$180.00 each for these:
http://www.thesamba.com/vw/classifieds/detail.php?id=1286378

And he is complaining about the ones he bought from me for $59.00 which is way lower than any other ones in the condition these were in...

I am tempted to come back on and keep on posting but I have had it with this childish banter... Resell them and I am sure that you can get more money than what you paid for or buy yourself some new ones so you wont have to complain.

Zach'Riah
crofty
Judas of the North

PostPosted: Wed Jun 13, 2012 2:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Clearly, we need to know if the mechanic that painted the boxes black was Jewish before we can make an honest judgement.

HamburgerBrad wrote:

I slept on crofty's tent once. I passed out drunk from two bottles of Everett's brother's wine.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Gallery Classifieds Feedback
Reply to topic    Forum Index -> Buyer and Seller Feedback All times are Mountain Standard Time/Pacific Daylight Savings Time
Page: 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: