Hello! Log in or Register   |  Help  |  Donate  |  Buy Shirts See all banner ads | Advertise on TheSamba.com  
TheSamba.com

Cip1.com - [email protected] - California Import Parts
Page: Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 23, 24, 25 ... 31, 32, 33  Next
Jump to:
Forum Index -> Buyer and Seller Feedback Share: Facebook Twitter
Reply to topic
Quick sort: Show newest posts on top | Show oldest posts on top View previous topic :: View next topic  
Viewing feedback for: Cip1.com
Email: [email protected]
Last Visited: February 21, 2024
wcfvw69 Premium Member
Samba Purist

PostPosted: Thu Mar 19, 2015 11:15 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Nevada Notch wrote:
Like others here I order from CIP1 because of geographical location. I'm on the West coast....They're on the West coast..... and then they ship my parts from Canada!!!!!

I'm like WTF? So I look into the two locations and come to find out the CIP1 and CIP1ca. are only 25 miles apart just across the border from each other.

I guess I shouldn't complain about free shipping but I ordered on a Sunday yet they didn't bother to process my order until Wednesday. Looks like my stuff won't be here until next Monday.

They're excuse..... We're busy because of the sale!

I've used CIP1 a few times recently and was pleasantly surprised how quick the free shipping arrived in PHX. I guess I caught them on a good day.

I will agree with you that I can't wrap my head around why it would take DAYS to ship out parts they have in stock? There's a bus parts vendor that also takes too long to ship IMO. Maybe these places should look at their warehouse staffing levels if it takes 3-5 days to ship orders? Hum..

I prefer to use vendors who ship the same day.

Decades of VW and VW parts restoration experience.
The Samba member since 2004.

**Now rebuilding throttle bodies for VW's and Porsche's**
**Restored German Bosch distributors for sale or I can restore yours**
**Restored German Pierburg fuel pumps for sale or I can restore yours**
**Restored Porsche fuel pumps or I can restore yours**
**Restored Porsche distributors or I can restore yours**
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Gallery Classifieds Feedback
delx23
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sat Apr 11, 2015 11:52 pm    Post subject: BAD CUSTOMER SERVICE Reply with quote

BAD experience for me this time .
CUSTOMER SERVICE WAS RIDICOLUSLY NOT INTERESTED
on fixing the issue.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Gallery Classifieds Feedback
Cali_Army_Guy
Samba Member

PostPosted: Fri Jul 03, 2015 3:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I ordered a bunch of stuff from cip1 Sunday night and got it today. Didn't realize "California" Imports was in Canada until I looked at my package when it got here. Doesn't really matter to me just found it interesting. Plus they were cheaper than my local guy and I got free shipping and a 10% discount. No complaints here. I'll be a repeat customer for sure.
67jason
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sat Jul 04, 2015 5:55 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Cali_Army_Guy wrote:
I ordered a bunch of stuff from cip1 Sunday night and got it today. Didn't realize "California" Imports was in Canada until I looked at my package when it got here. Doesn't really matter to me just found it interesting. Plus they were cheaper than my local guy and I got free shipping and a 10% discount. No complaints here. I'll be a repeat customer for sure.

cip1 is a good outfit to get parts from for sure. they also stock junk, but in many/most of their product descriptions they state whats junk and whats not, and often time provide a link to the non junk part if one exists.

on this forum there are more then a few cip1 naysayers, but they have never served me wrong. good customer service, good prices, tons of parts in stock and good free fast shipping. they have even replaced damaged in shipping items for me with no hassle. i do make it a point to buy non junk parts from them (or anyone else for that matter). i have been and will continue to be a repeat customer. and when parts shopping for myself or friends they are one of my go to places to see what is on the market and for pricing.
Cali_Army_Guy
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sat Jul 04, 2015 1:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quick little update.

Here's the list of what I ordered from them:
Pedal pads
Stock shifter
Running boards
7 piece body moulding
Headlight retainers/buckets

So far I've installed the pedal pads, shifter, and headlight buckets. My only "complaint" is the chrome ring that holds the headlight in the bucket uses crappy flat head screws that I all but ruined getting out to get my light in. So I just used the old Phillips screws from my old ones without any issue. Aside from that everything else is great. I'll probably order more stuff from them next week. Still a happy customer.
myvolks1
Samba Member

PostPosted: Fri Oct 09, 2015 7:55 pm    Post subject: Re: BAD CUSTOMER SERVICE Reply with quote

I have been getting the run around for over 1-month now from CIP1 and they still haven't corrected my order.

CUSTOMER SERVICE IS RIDICOLUS and NOT INTERESTED
in fixing the issue, PRETTY SAD.

The last thing they told me when I called was, I don't know what to tell you.

delx23 wrote:
BAD experience for me this time .
CUSTOMER SERVICE WAS RIDICOLUSLY NOT INTERESTED
on fixing the issue.

WANTED: DEET EICHEL (Modesto, CA), license plate frames and other Deet Eichel related items.

Wanted: Original VW
Bruce
Samba Member

PostPosted: Wed Oct 14, 2015 10:25 pm    Post subject: Re: BAD CUSTOMER SERVICE Reply with quote

myvolks1 wrote:
I have been getting the run around for over 1-month now from CIP1 and they still haven't corrected my order.

What's the issue?
myvolks1
Samba Member

PostPosted: Thu Oct 15, 2015 12:25 pm    Post subject: Re: BAD CUSTOMER SERVICE Reply with quote

Defective parts.

Bruce wrote:
myvolks1 wrote:

What's the issue?

WANTED: DEET EICHEL (Modesto, CA), license plate frames and other Deet Eichel related items.

Bruce
Samba Member

PostPosted: Thu Oct 15, 2015 11:01 pm    Post subject: Re: BAD CUSTOMER SERVICE Reply with quote

myvolks1 wrote:
Defective parts.

Every part they sell can't be bad. What part did you have a problem with?
myvolks1
Samba Member

PostPosted: Thu Oct 29, 2015 6:46 pm    Post subject: Re: BAD CUSTOMER SERVICE Reply with quote

The first set of mats I received, one was about 3-inches too long and the other was about 2-inches too short and the cut outs for the bolt holes were in the wrong location.

The 2nd set of Running Board mats I received have what looked like staple holes through the rubber mats.

I finally got a good set of ACC-C10-3080 - RUNNING BOARD REPLACEMENT MATS BLACK-PAIR- 46-60 PERFECT COPY mats almost 2-months after I placed my order and getting the runaround from Gary, very frustrating having to go through this to get what you paid for.

Why can't I get what I paid for? I did not pay for a pair of defective mats, I paid for a good set of mats for my restoration.

My e-mails to Gary at CIP1 were also ignored, bad communication and service

Bruce wrote:
myvolks1 wrote:
Defective parts.

Every part they sell can't be bad. What part did you have a problem with?

andk5591
Samba Member

PostPosted: Fri Oct 30, 2015 6:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have been buying from them off and on for 10 years. The off and on depends on if I am building another car or not. Just over the last couple months I have bought a LOT of stuff from them - At least $4K or more.

They and Wolfsburg West are and have been my primary part suppliers for the 6 or 7 cars I have built plus the couple other extensive repair jobs I have done so far.

Have rarely had any issues and when I did, I NEVER had any problems getting responses and good resolution.

As far as parts quality - It depends on the part, They are stuck with some of the same crappy stuff that everyone else sells, but overall, most of their stuff is pretty good and I am happy with the pricing.

But there are certain things that I prefer buying from Wolfsburg West becasue they have a better product, such as chrome, most rubber seals, early headlight assys (theirs is amazing) and now early gas tanks and some other things. I keep a running list and depending on what the important items are dictates who gets the entire order.

I have a hard time believing that CIP1 or most of the reputable vendors will blow someone off without good reason.

Was going to go off about me being pissed off at CB Performance about something really stupid they did to me years ago that has cost them a lot my business....but wont. Laughing
"John's car" 64 VW woodie - The first ever
Maxine 61 Cal-look bug - Cindy's daily driver.
Max - 73 standard Beetle hearse project - For sale
66 bug project - Real patina & Suby conversion
There's more, but not keeping them...
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail AIM Address Gallery Classifieds Feedback
marbleknight
Samba Member

PostPosted: Fri Feb 05, 2016 11:35 am    Post subject: Re: Cip1.com - [email protected] - California Import Parts Reply with quote

I'm going to have to dial back my praise for CIP a little bit. I have praised them loudly in other posts, mostly for their prices and free shipping but today I found out something that made me think twice about buying from them:

They will not post your feedback on a product if it falls below a certain rating. The rating is 1-5 and if you give it a 3 or less they won't put it at the bottom of the item description. Rate it a 4 or 5 and it's there. This seems very wrong to me.

Will I still buy from them? Probably. Just be aware that the blindingly good feedback you see about their items has been filtered.
galencurrington
Samba Member

PostPosted: Mon Feb 22, 2016 6:56 am    Post subject: Re: Cip1.com - [email protected] - California Import Parts Reply with quote

Has anyone noticed I guess after there move into there new warehouse the prices went up not just a little but alot specially the wheels they all went up 30 to 40$ and the disc brake kits went up too that I noticed. I hope that new warehouse was worth it. Now they are higher than everywhere else. I was wanting to buy some wheels I guess I won't now until they have a sale again maybe.
driftman11
Samba Member

PostPosted: Mon Apr 11, 2016 2:06 pm    Post subject: Re: Cip1.com - [email protected] - California Import Parts Reply with quote

Purchased floorpans, a pan seal, 2 bolt kits, and a ground strap from them back in Feb. I knew it would be delayed due to move so I wasn't concerned about that. I finally receive my package, but it only has the 2 floorpans in the box. I called up their order 1-800 number and spoke to someone who sat and argued with me about the items not being in the box, demanding that they are there. Well finally he left me with, " well let me get on it" and hung up. He wasn't very friendly or understanding that my parts are here. He didn't give me any clarification on how he intends to handle this either. As of right now, I am very unhappy with their customer service. He treated me like I'm lying about not receiving my parts. I don't know about others , but I'm not a guy that would call up and lie about not receiving $50 worth of parts just to do it.... Seems not too smart of them to treat their customers like this. Not sure I will order from them again. It all depends on how this guy follows up on my issue.
driftman11
Samba Member

PostPosted: Mon Apr 25, 2016 1:37 pm    Post subject: Re: Cip1.com - [email protected] - California Import Parts Reply with quote

update on my feedback about them. They did make everything right on my order pertaining to the missing parts I ordered. I would order from them again because their service made me feel much more comfortable knowing that if mistakes are made, they will make them right by you!
wcfvw69 Premium Member
Samba Purist

PostPosted: Mon Apr 25, 2016 6:06 pm    Post subject: Re: Cip1.com - [email protected] - California Import Parts Reply with quote

I've had two recent orders with Cip-1. Both orders were over $100 and I received free shipping.

I will say I was shocked at how quickly the parts arrived from Washington to Arizona. 2-3 days! Very happy with that service.

The only issue was on the 1st order, I was missing a $5 dollar injection nozzle. I forgot to contact them about it. Oh well.

Still happy with their pricing, service and fast, free shipping.

barfass
Samba Member

PostPosted: Thu Jun 30, 2016 7:35 am    Post subject: Re: Cip1.com - [email protected] - California Import Parts Reply with quote

I hate to rehash and older thread, last post was this year so I will go ahead. Has anyone ordering from the Canadian CIP1.ca been having issues with them not processing an order for almost 4 or 5 days? I am a newbie to VW's as well as CIP1. First order was a heater channel and floor pan. Ended up emailing them 4 days (order placed on a Sunday at 9am) after (this was thursday afternoon by this point) asking for a status as my order still showed "processing". A nice lady emailed me back and said that "because of our huge sale we have been having issues getting things out of the warehouse". As per this forum, that is a regular excuse from them. Oh well, that night I finally got my shipment info and 7 days later I had both parts. Now I have ordered about 4 things from them - again on Sunday morning and here we are... Thursday again... and NOTHING. I have sent yet another email asking them about this and to verify what their normal "ship out" policy is from their warehouse. There is absolutely no way for me to get parts like this in a timely fashion. Attempting to run a business and tell customers when their parts will be in to finish a job and having to deal with this.... I will give it one more try and then I am off to somewhere else. I love that they have virtually everything, and free shipping, but I cannot sit and wait for something to leave a warehouse (WHEN IN STOCK) 5 days after I order it. I am in Canada, buying from a company supposedly in Canada.
wcfvw69 Premium Member
Samba Purist

PostPosted: Thu Jun 30, 2016 11:07 am    Post subject: Re: Cip1.com - [email protected] - California Import Parts Reply with quote

barfass wrote:
I hate to rehash and older thread, last post was this year so I will go ahead. Has anyone ordering from the Canadian CIP1.ca been having issues with them not processing an order for almost 4 or 5 days? I am a newbie to VW's as well as CIP1. First order was a heater channel and floor pan. Ended up emailing them 4 days (order placed on a Sunday at 9am) after (this was thursday afternoon by this point) asking for a status as my order still showed "processing". A nice lady emailed me back and said that "because of our huge sale we have been having issues getting things out of the warehouse". As per this forum, that is a regular excuse from them. Oh well, that night I finally got my shipment info and 7 days later I had both parts. Now I have ordered about 4 things from them - again on Sunday morning and here we are... Thursday again... and NOTHING. I have sent yet another email asking them about this and to verify what their normal "ship out" policy is from their warehouse. There is absolutely no way for me to get parts like this in a timely fashion. Attempting to run a business and tell customers when their parts will be in to finish a job and having to deal with this.... I will give it one more try and then I am off to somewhere else. I love that they have virtually everything, and free shipping, but I cannot sit and wait for something to leave a warehouse (WHEN IN STOCK) 5 days after I order it. I am in Canada, buying from a company supposedly in Canada.

I order from the USA CIP-1 and when I get free shipping for orders over $100 dollars, I have my package typically 2-3 days after the order. My last order with them was a month ago and the package showed 2-3 days later. I know one time when they were moving or something, they had on their site there could be a delay before shipping.

Just a suggestion. Call them and ask for a manager and discuss your observation. Maybe there's a legitimate reason.

I've used Cip-1 for years. They have always been same day shippers in my experience.

marbleknight
Samba Member

PostPosted: Fri Jul 01, 2016 4:37 am    Post subject: Re: Cip1.com - [email protected] - California Import Parts Reply with quote

barfass wrote:

I am experiencing the same. I used to give high praise to CIP1 but I have been made to wait so many times now I am getting really tired of it. I'm sorry but if you have to call every time you place your order to get someone to ship it out at a reasonable time then it's not for me. If I did that to my customers I wouldn't have any. Here's an order I placed last Friday 6/24. The order is still "processing" today on 7/1, a week later.

Image may have been reduced in size. Click image to view fullscreen.

Once it does ship it's usually 2-3 days before arrival, which is pretty typical. Still, that's 8 business days from point of order. That sucks monkey ballz.

If you don't care about getting your parts in a timely fashion, by all means order from CIP1. I've never had any other issues.
barfass
Samba Member

PostPosted: Tue Jul 05, 2016 11:47 am    Post subject: Re: Cip1.com - [email protected] - California Import Parts Reply with quote

marbleknight wrote:
barfass wrote:

I am experiencing the same. I used to give high praise to CIP1 but I have been made to wait so many times now I am getting really tired of it. I'm sorry but if you have to call every time you place your order to get someone to ship it out at a reasonable time then it's not for me. If I did that to my customers I wouldn't have any. Here's an order I placed last Friday 6/24. The order is still "processing" today on 7/1, a week later.

Image may have been reduced in size. Click image to view fullscreen.

Once it does ship it's usually 2-3 days before arrival, which is pretty typical. Still, that's 8 business days from point of order. That sucks monkey ballz.

If you don't care about getting your parts in a timely fashion, by all means order from CIP1. I've never had any other issues.

After a day wait, I received an email back from the same Samantha as I did the first time. This time it was a slightly longer email but was almost word-for-word what she said in the first email she sent for my first order inquiry. Stating that they are having a sale and because of this it will take longer to ship. Since they ALWAYS have a sale/promotion on, I would hazard a guess that this will be the typical reply from them going forward. Suspected delivery is this Friday (8th). Which will mark almost exactly 2 weeks of waiting. Everything is on hold.
Reply to topic    Forum Index -> Buyer and Seller Feedback All times are Mountain Standard Time/Pacific Daylight Savings Time
Page: Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 23, 24, 25 ... 31, 32, 33  Next
Jump to:
Page 24 of 33

Jump to: