Hello! Log in or Register   |  Help  |  Donate  |  Buy Shirts See all banner ads | Advertise on TheSamba.com  
TheSamba.com

Cip1.com - [email protected] - California Import Parts
Page: Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 25, 26, 27 ... 31, 32, 33  Next
Jump to:
Forum Index -> Buyer and Seller Feedback Share: Facebook Twitter
Reply to topic
Quick sort: Show newest posts on top | Show oldest posts on top View previous topic :: View next topic  
Viewing feedback for: Cip1.com
Email: [email protected]
Last Visited: February 21, 2024
neil68
Samba Member

PostPosted: Wed Nov 29, 2017 11:23 pm    Post subject: Re: Cip1.com - [email protected] - California Import Parts Reply with quote

Placed an online order on Thursday evening, taking advantage of their Black Friday specials. Parts were delivered to my door the following Tuesday via Loomis with free shipping. They also phoned me on Friday, to confirm this order, due to the dollar amount involved. Top notch service!

Der Kleiner Rennwagens
68 Beetle 2332 cc, 204 WHP
12.5 seconds @ 107 mph
Dynojet Test: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=M9B_H3eklAo
andk5591
Samba Member

PostPosted: Fri Feb 16, 2018 8:34 am    Post subject: Re: Cip1.com - [email protected] - California Import Parts Reply with quote

I still am amazed at how fast stuff is shipping. Placed and order on 2/13. It will be here today or tomorrow. And this is their free shipping! I know when they moved a while back, orders were taking quite a while, but the system thye now have in place is amazing! Love them!
"John's car" 64 VW woodie - The first ever
Maxine 61 Cal-look bug - Cindy's daily driver.
Max - 73 standard Beetle hearse project - For sale
66 bug project - Real patina & Suby conversion
There's more, but not keeping them...
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail AIM Address Gallery Classifieds Feedback
crankbait09
Samba Member

PostPosted: Fri Mar 23, 2018 5:43 pm    Post subject: Re: Cip1.com - [email protected] - California Import Parts Reply with quote

Being a new bug owner, I am still buying things here and there from the number of online suppliers. I have bought from JBUGS, WW, and CIP1. I have had no problems with Jbugs, and WW. They have made me happy. CIP1......not so much

Although not much, I placed a $100 or so dollar order from CIP1. Prices were cheaper on the items, and shipping was free. They said that it would arrive 7-10 days after it's been shipped. Add a few more days for processing as well. That wasn't great, but I was forewarned. No worries there.

Come to mu surprise, it was delivered on my doorstep, in the Midwest, 3 days later. That was exciting. I was happy. Until I opened the box. One of the items in the box was damaged. Whether it be from not being packed tight in the box, or possibly damaged prior to leaving the facility, who knows.

I called customer service and they requested pictures of the damaged item. No problem, I emailed it to them as they requested. All this happened within an hour of getting the package, so their response time was fantastic. After they reviewed the photos, they told me that they talked to the manager and they would gladly replace the item free of charge ON MY NEXT ORDER. That bothered me. My response to them in a nut shell was the fact that i received an item damaged, at no fault of my own, and in order to get the problem corrected, I need to place another order for more items in order to get something I already paid for, in better condition. (keeping in mind, that I was very polite, and not rude to them in any form. I just wanted a replacement. I would have been fine if that was going to happen).

They never responded back to that email. Unless I have other problems with the rest of the items within the order, I am not gonna fight it anymore. It would cost me more to send it back than the part cost. But I certainly won't be ordering from them again. That's shit. the part sucked, but buy more and we'll replace it free of charge. um, no thanks.

I'll stick to JBUGS, and WW
crankbait09
Samba Member

PostPosted: Tue Apr 03, 2018 3:31 pm    Post subject: Re: Cip1.com - [email protected] - California Import Parts Reply with quote

crankbait09 wrote:
Being a new bug owner, I am still buying things here and there from the number of online suppliers. I have bought from JBUGS, WW, and CIP1. I have had no problems with Jbugs, and WW. They have made me happy. CIP1......not so much

Although not much, I placed a $100 or so dollar order from CIP1. Prices were cheaper on the items, and shipping was free. They said that it would arrive 7-10 days after it's been shipped. Add a few more days for processing as well. That wasn't great, but I was forewarned. No worries there.

Come to mu surprise, it was delivered on my doorstep, in the Midwest, 3 days later. That was exciting. I was happy. Until I opened the box. One of the items in the box was damaged. Whether it be from not being packed tight in the box, or possibly damaged prior to leaving the facility, who knows.

I called customer service and they requested pictures of the damaged item. No problem, I emailed it to them as they requested. All this happened within an hour of getting the package, so their response time was fantastic. After they reviewed the photos, they told me that they talked to the manager and they would gladly replace the item free of charge ON MY NEXT ORDER. That bothered me. My response to them in a nut shell was the fact that i received an item damaged, at no fault of my own, and in order to get the problem corrected, I need to place another order for more items in order to get something I already paid for, in better condition. (keeping in mind, that I was very polite, and not rude to them in any form. I just wanted a replacement. I would have been fine if that was going to happen).

They never responded back to that email. Unless I have other problems with the rest of the items within the order, I am not gonna fight it anymore. It would cost me more to send it back than the part cost. But I certainly won't be ordering from them again. That's shit. the part sucked, but buy more and we'll replace it free of charge. um, no thanks.

I'll stick to JBUGS, and WW

Well I didn't expect this. Received a box from cip1 today. I certainly didn't order anything. Opened the box, and to my surprise it was the replacement part they told me I'd get on my "next" order. I never contacted them after the post above. I washed my hands with them.

So without any communication after the fact, they made it right by actually sending the replacement part.
andk5591
Samba Member

PostPosted: Wed Apr 04, 2018 2:15 pm    Post subject: Re: Cip1.com - [email protected] - California Import Parts Reply with quote

Not shocked that you got the replacement....Would have been better if they had let you know, but I have had them get a replacement out same day....Love em...
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail AIM Address Gallery Classifieds Feedback
rafyvolky
Samba Member

PostPosted: Mon Apr 09, 2018 6:33 pm    Post subject: Re: Cip1.com - [email protected] - California Import Parts Reply with quote

A (+) for cip1 they been good to me also quick shipping.
View user's profile Send private message AIM Address Yahoo Messenger Gallery Classifieds Feedback
BUSBOSS
Samba Member

PostPosted: Tue Apr 24, 2018 2:31 pm    Post subject: Re: Cip1.com - [email protected] - California Import Parts Reply with quote

CIP1 strikes again.

Their product descriptions and suitable model years as posted on their website are just plain WRONG for many items. When confronted with their errors, they say they rely on the distributor's descriptions. They also refuse to provide the distributor name or contact information so we can correct the errors.

They also refuse to make it right for their customers. You will end up having to place a duplicate order to correct their own mistakes. Their customer service is the worst in the industry.

DO NOT SPEND YOUR HARD EARNED DOLLARS WITH THESE INCOMPETENT NEIGHBORS TO THE NORTH!
(sold - but not forgotten)
Air cooled fan
CIP1 Employee

PostPosted: Thu Apr 26, 2018 6:41 pm    Post subject: Re: Cip1.com - [email protected] - California Import Parts Reply with quote

Ok , so let’s get this straight. You bought a part from CIP1 it did not work for you , correct ? Did you return it ? How much was this part ? Big dollar part ? Bulky hard to ship back part ? CIP1 takes back anything that is in 100% re-sellable condition regardless if you think the year break or description is incorrect. Even if you make a mistake they will take it back. Just call them and ask for a RA # and get a refund . The CIP1 website is one of the Best in the world for Vintage VW and if there was a issue with a description or year break they would have fixed it already as their site has been selling the same parts for 25 years online ....... By reading the praise for CIP1 on this forum and other VW platforms it seems that there are hardly any issues with them. The customer service is the best in the industry and it’s a company’s choice to supply private information or disclose suppliers and vendors. I would say give them a call , get a return number and move on. Or maybe we are missing part of this story , Happy motoring.
EverettB Premium Member
Administrator

PostPosted: Thu Apr 26, 2018 9:54 pm    Post subject: Re: Cip1.com - [email protected] - California Import Parts Reply with quote

Note that the person above has a cip1.com email address so it sounds like you should contact CIP1 for them to handle a return.
Stop dead photo links! Post your photos to The Samba Gallery!
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website Facebook Instagram Gallery Classifieds Feedback
ivwshane
Samba Member

PostPosted: Tue May 01, 2018 7:49 pm    Post subject: Re: Cip1.com - [email protected] - California Import Parts Reply with quote

My experience has been mixed. Due to the hours I work I have not been able to call Cip1 for a return so I tried emailing them for a return authorization four days before my return period was over for a part that had an incorrect description on it.

So far I have not received any communication back from them. I'm hoping they will take care of the error even though it's now past the return period (the parts are new and sellable).

I received my email today for a return authorization. I'll update as the process moves along.
amrcnbadaz
Samba Member

PostPosted: Thu May 24, 2018 5:24 am    Post subject: Re: Cip1.com - [email protected] - California Import Parts Reply with quote

I just got a set of wheels and a wink mirror from them last week and am very pleased. Everything arrived before the scheduled date and was in great shape. I will be doing business with them again.
smitty24
Samba Member

PostPosted: Thu May 31, 2018 9:41 pm    Post subject: Re: Cip1.com - [email protected] - California Import Parts Reply with quote

Heads up to anyone wanting pans or large parts shipped.

I have spent many thousands of dollars with CIP since they opened, not only my cars but for customer and friend's cars. I have had few issues over the years, but today's deserved some words! Fed Ex came to the door with this box, in this shape. $670 of floor pan metal from Denmark. I paid for the best and this is what I received. (Photos taken within 5 minutes of deciding I needed parts and sent the guy on his way! I need the parts NOW and can fix them.) Not only is the box damaged, there is absolutely NO insulation or padding on my floor pans. None. I'm surprised nothing fell out. I paid for the best quality I could find and figured the "free shipping" would help. I guess that equals laziness and disregard for the customer. Both pans have significant warping and dents. Sent an email and photos to CIP.

Image may have been reduced in size. Click image to view fullscreen.

amrcnbadaz
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sun Apr 28, 2019 8:05 am    Post subject: Re: Cip1.com - [email protected] - California Import Parts Reply with quote

I have doing a lot of buying from CIP1 here lately.

I have loved the wheels I bought from them. I have also ordered lots of other various items.

I did have one issue. I bought an electronic Kuhltek distributor (I know, my fault ) as well as the recommended coil and wires to go with it. The car ran the best it has ever run..... for about 7 miles. Module took a dump. I know it is an electric item, and wasn't expecting them to be able to do anything. I did want to call though just to let them know what happened. I spoke with Nolan, and he wanted to do what he could to make things right. I did NOT want an exchange. So I ended up shipping it to Kuhltek for testing. Once they looked at it, I got a store credit for CIP1 for the purchase price of the distributor. No complaints there!!!

I have since placed 2 orders with them and will be doing plenty more. Everything is always packaged well, and arrives much sooner than I expect.These guys are great! Dancing
andk5591
Samba Member

PostPosted: Tue Apr 30, 2019 5:51 am    Post subject: Re: Cip1.com - [email protected] - California Import Parts Reply with quote

Big stuff shipped is always a gamble. The only place that I use that packs the living shit out of stuff is Wolfsburg West...and you will PAY a premium for that. Your choice. Once in a blue moon I will have a large package abused by a shipper. It happens maybe once every couple years and I spend close to $10K a year with CIP1, so I get a LOT of boxes.

The only bitch I have about their shipping is that I don't read the label that says mixed parts on a box and then wonder why I can't find the chrome trim that was stuffed in a TMI carpet kit box.... Embarassed I have had to call them 2 times about missing parts that I later found. They should call me after I receive the order and remind me to double check boxes that they label "Mixed Parts"... Laughing

And the Kuhltek failure....well, you already knew what you bought......LOL
[email protected]
Samba Member

PostPosted: Tue Apr 30, 2019 8:12 am    Post subject: Re: Cip1.com - [email protected] - California Import Parts Reply with quote

andk5591 wrote:
Big stuff shipped is always a gamble. The only place that I use that packs the living shit out of stuff is Wolfsburg West...and you will PAY a premium for that. Your choice. Once in a blue moon I will have a large package abused by a shipper. It happens maybe once every couple years and I spend close to $10K a year with CIP1, so I get a LOT of boxes.

The only bitch I have about their shipping is that I don't read the label that says mixed parts on a box and then wonder why I can't find the chrome trim that was stuffed in a TMI carpet kit box.... Embarassed I have had to call them 2 times about missing parts that I later found. They should call me after I receive the order and remind me to double check boxes that they label "Mixed Parts"... Laughing

And the Kuhltek failure....well, you already knew what you bought......LOL

This is basically why I stopped selling floor pans and heater channels that have to be shipped. UPS and FedEx CAN'T get it there any better than that. The only way to get it there perfectly is truck shipping and then every customer claims you are ripping them off on shipping.

The problem with floor pans is that depending on who at the UPS or FedEx facility is checking and measuring packages, they can tag the shipper for Oversize 2 plus a fee which can be $100-$200 plus the regular shipping cost. This causes shippers to try and make the package as physically small as possible, thus leaving out extra packaging.

https://www.facebook.com/mofoco?ref=ts&fref=ts

www.mofoco.com

Cylinder Head Reference Sheet
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website Gallery Classifieds Feedback
electronictofu
Samba Member

PostPosted: Wed Aug 21, 2019 2:06 pm    Post subject: Not good Reply with quote

I've ordered a few parts for my Bus that were sourced from China and terrible quality. Parts they label as "high quality reproduction" Some I've been unable to return and they only offered a partial credit, looping me into spending more to use the credit. Due to the timeline of the return, or the fact that I tried to use, install, or make it work they refused to take back poorly made parts.

I typically buy all my parts from Wolfsburg West, who make and handle their own parts, and don't source stuff from Alibaba and China. I've compared these parts side by side and it's crazy how cheap some of Cip1's parts are.

Nonetheless, I've learned my lesson and personally had terrible experiences with Cip1 and the manager, Kris. Thumbs down for a less than professional attitude.

But, according to the manager Kris, they are and have "best customer service on the planet . CIP1 , None Better "

That's a huge claim. Looks like they just put every other amazing vendor to shame in one amazing quote.
andk5591
Samba Member

PostPosted: Wed Aug 21, 2019 6:33 pm    Post subject: Re: Cip1.com - [email protected] - California Import Parts Reply with quote

I deal with quite a few companies. And really as long as you have realistic expectations and are not an ass, pretty much all of them do pretty well. There are exceptions - Mid America for one IMHO.

I have had some problems at one time or another with pretty much every one I deal with and they all have done very well in resolving any problems. Just had an issue with CIP1 on some shift couplers and it was taken care of quickly and to my satisfaction.

I even had a minor issue with Roy's company once and his resolution was way above and beyond. Thanks Roy...

But there are policies that most have regarding returns and there are various reasons for that. I just suggest doing your best to work with your vendor and most of the time, it will work out.

Last thing - your comment on Wolfsburg is not accurate - They do have quite a few parts that they spec out and have made for them (pretty sure they do not have a manufacturing plant). And these are very nice, but they do also handle some of the same crappy pieces that everyone else handles because there are no alternatives out there.
VOLKSWAGNUT
Fastest VW Belt Changer

PostPosted: Sun Nov 10, 2019 8:36 am    Post subject: Re: Cip1.com - [email protected] - California Import Parts Reply with quote

I just completed an order with CIP1.. I took advantage of their latest free shipping and sale.

Parts..arrived fast and well packed.
One item had issues, dents and deformations on the non glass side of a mirror. I honestly don't blame CIP1 as being at fault as the company is simply a supplier.
I contemplated just overlooking the issue but the more I looked at it.. I simply decided I wanted what I purchased. .. New reproduction and undamaged.

I opened a ticket and the matter was quickly reviewed, evaluated via photos and handled with great customer service.

I was instructed to send one last picture of the part destroyed to show unusable. They stated the replacement would be inspected prior to shipping. I had not asked for overnight so it was a surprise when it was. I feel they went over and above trying at that point.
Unfortunately, the replacement had issues as well (one small dent and rough mirror crimp) but not as defined as the first. I contacted again. I was offered a full refund and they would pay return shipping for both parts (one was already headed to the scrapper).
I declined that option and decided I will simply overlook the minor flaws.

Yes.. I was being picky.. which is not really like me.. but.. I simply wanted what I paid for..

A+ effort for CIP1 ..

Its about the going not the showing
Rebuilt to drive not decorate
WANTED: Local Eatin' Joints, Triple D for TheSamba contributions here http://www.thesamba.com/vw/forum/viewtopic.php?t=570510
Search "VOLKSWAGNUT" on YouTube since you cant watch a "certain" BELT change video round here
Usually and often edited
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Facebook Gallery Classifieds Feedback
tommu
Samba Member

PostPosted: Thu Jan 09, 2020 10:40 am    Post subject: Re: Cip1.com - [email protected] - California Import Parts Reply with quote

Routine reminder not to trust anything from CIP1.

OE to most people means, or should mean, as close to OEM quality as possible. To CIP1 it means cheapest part possible sourced from China.
Air cooled fan
CIP1 Employee

PostPosted: Tue Jan 14, 2020 8:03 pm    Post subject: Re: Cip1.com - [email protected] - California Import Parts Reply with quote

Hmmmmm, Well , That’s a odd statement , to be so general about CIP1,s vast line of air cooled products is just not right . What is the part in question ? Who is the manufacturer of this part in question ? I know there is a manufacturing company called OE Brand , is this the brand name you are referring to , maybe a miss understanding? ... I know CIP1.com has over 13000 different items for classic and vintage VW’s . 90% of CIP’ s products are the same quality ( or better ) they have been selling for 40 plus years ! Also ,CIP parts are sourced all over the world , Germany , Denmark , USA , Canada , China , UK , and many other countries , Last time I checked you can’t order parts for your old VW from your local North American dealer ( OEM )

We are all fortunate CIP is keeping this passion and hobby alive .........And , if you ever have a issue with a CIP part , just call and return it . CIP actually answers their phones ( usually on the 2nd ring ) Most other suppliers don’t answer phones or provide TECH assistance . Customers are always right , maybe there is a “ better “ quality version available? No company wants to be in business to disappoint Loyal customers. Just call and return what ever does not meet your approval
Reply to topic    Forum Index -> Buyer and Seller Feedback All times are Mountain Standard Time/Pacific Daylight Savings Time
Page: Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 25, 26, 27 ... 31, 32, 33  Next
Jump to:
Page 26 of 33

Jump to: