Hello! Log in or Register   |  Help  |  Donate  |  Buy Shirts See all banner ads | Advertise on TheSamba.com  
TheSamba.com

Cip1.com - [email protected] - California Import Parts
Page: Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 29, 30, 31, 32, 33  Next
Jump to:
Forum Index -> Buyer and Seller Feedback Share: Facebook Twitter
Reply to topic
Quick sort: Show newest posts on top | Show oldest posts on top View previous topic :: View next topic  
Viewing feedback for: Cip1.com
Email: [email protected]
Last Visited: February 21, 2024
EverettB Premium Member
Administrator

PostPosted: Mon Apr 11, 2022 5:52 pm    Post subject: Re: Cip1.com - [email protected] - California Import Parts Reply with quote

I thought I would post this reminder in case there is any confusion about who is posting above from the username:
Air cooled fan

From earlier in this thread
EverettB wrote:
Note that the person above has a cip1.com email address

Stop dead photo links! Post your photos to The Samba Gallery!
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website Facebook Instagram Gallery Classifieds Feedback
daveswoodcraft
Samba Member

PostPosted: Mon Apr 11, 2022 5:55 pm    Post subject: Re: Cip1.com - [email protected] - California Import Parts Reply with quote

EverettB wrote:
I thought I would post this reminder in case there is any confusion about who is posting above from the username:
Air cooled fan

EverettB wrote:

Thank you! I had no idea
Glenn Premium Member
Mr. 010

PostPosted: Mon Apr 11, 2022 5:57 pm    Post subject: Re: Cip1.com - [email protected] - California Import Parts Reply with quote

EverettB wrote:
Air cooled fan

EverettB wrote:

Note that the person only has 14 posts, all in this feedback topic.

Member #1009

#BlueSquare
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website Gallery Classifieds Feedback
Mrmojo
Samba Member

PostPosted: Mon Apr 11, 2022 6:03 pm    Post subject: Re: Cip1.com - [email protected] - California Import Parts Reply with quote

Oh here we go. Discredit someone because they don’t have enough post. I can post emails to prove my point if needed. I can tell that to many of you want to make sure you cover for them.
That’s ok. I will make sure my message gets to more people and to let them know the way to get all their money back is to do a chargeback and not deal with their drag out return scenario.
I tried to start my own post and review but it was locked and forced to move here instead.
daveswoodcraft
Samba Member

PostPosted: Mon Apr 11, 2022 6:16 pm    Post subject: Re: Cip1.com - [email protected] - California Import Parts Reply with quote

Mrmojo wrote:
Oh here we go. Discredit someone because they don’t have enough post. I can post emails to prove my point if needed. I can tell that to many of you want to make sure you cover for them.
That’s ok. I will make sure my message gets to more people and to let them know the way to get all their money back is to do a chargeback and not deal with their drag out return scenario.
I tried to start my own post and review but it was locked and forced to move here instead.

Dude take a deep breath!
He was only trying to point out that the other poster worked for cip1, it had nothing to do with you.
Mrmojo
Samba Member

PostPosted: Mon Apr 11, 2022 6:17 pm    Post subject: Re: Cip1.com - [email protected] - California Import Parts Reply with quote

10-4. I’ve been dealing with this all day today and am at my limit. Sorry.
Glenn Premium Member
Mr. 010

PostPosted: Mon Apr 11, 2022 6:18 pm    Post subject: Re: Cip1.com - [email protected] - California Import Parts Reply with quote

daveswoodcraft wrote:
Mrmojo wrote:

Dude take a deep breath!
He was only trying to point out that the other poster worked for cip1, it had nothing to do with you.

^^^^^^
What he said.

Air cooled fan should have that he works for CIP in his signature.

Member #1009

#BlueSquare
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website Gallery Classifieds Feedback
daveswoodcraft
Samba Member

PostPosted: Mon Apr 11, 2022 6:26 pm    Post subject: Re: Cip1.com - [email protected] - California Import Parts Reply with quote

Quote:

What he said.

Air cooled fan should have that he works for CIP in his signature.

I agree with you totally!!!
He should have disclosed that, he has lost all credibility as far as I am concerned.

I was not trying to cut down the original poster in the least, I just wanted him to know that the previous post was not about him and he was not being attacked.
Geezer
Samba Member

PostPosted: Mon Apr 11, 2022 7:49 pm    Post subject: Re: Cip1.com - [email protected] - California Import Parts Reply with quote

For Mr. Air cooled fan.Employee of Cip1. At least you are loyal if miss informed.

I'm a 72 year old fart who has owned and restored 20+ Volkswagens since high school. I owned original BRM's I purchased at EconoMotors in Riverside. I had Gene Berg make parts for me. I have friends that build excellent engines and transaxles to this day. Your company was the first time I have ever had an issue. You can call me a lot of things but to accuse me of lying about the condition of the wheels and me scratching the lug holes and putting black paint on them was too much. Believe me the money was less important to me than my reputation. Lessons are sometimes learned the hard way. Have a nice day.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Gallery Classifieds Feedback
Mrmojo
Samba Member

PostPosted: Tue Apr 12, 2022 6:11 am    Post subject: Re: Cip1.com - [email protected] - California Import Parts Reply with quote

Just a side note.
I just ordered and received 2 front fenders for a 1969 bug from JBugs.com
One of the boxes had a little damage on it and upon opening I found the drivers fender was dented up.
I called and emailed with Nikko about the problem. Within 2 hours I got an email confirmation of them sending out a replacement fender and to just toss the other one in the trash.

I didn’t get the please wait till I contact the shipper or manufacturer like CIP1 does. All I got from Nikko was please send a picture. Then I got a sorry for the inconvenience and the replacement is on they way and thank you.
End of story
Geezer
Samba Member

PostPosted: Tue Apr 12, 2022 6:26 am    Post subject: Re: Cip1.com - [email protected] - California Import Parts Reply with quote

Things look like they are coming together about the BRM wheels I returned to Cip1. Mr. Kris Ingaldson assures me I will get a full refund of the cost of the wheels and center caps. I have a 3/8" pile of printer paper for all the back and forth emails.
I believe in prayer and Saturday on theSamba a set of the BRM Silvers with tires mounted and balanced came to my attention. These were the 4.5 width I needed for the front. The backs were 5.5's. My wife and I ran down and purchased them from the private Samba member. They came with the center caps and lugs. The 4.5's were the same backspacing as my stock 1967 wheels. This kept the tire inside the fenders.
The adventure with Cip1 still runs on and I am happy with whatever happens. Money back or not.Lesson learned.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Gallery Classifieds Feedback
mighty-lime
Samba Member

PostPosted: Tue Apr 12, 2022 5:34 pm    Post subject: Re: Cip1.com - [email protected] - California Import Parts Reply with quote

Kinda funny reading some of the responses here, i guess they fall into three categories.

1) i bought stuff, it turned up, and i was happy. Cip1 is great! Well done Cip1 you fulfilled the basic need of retail. Thanks for your contribution, and sharing how easily impressed you are.

2) they helped me find the right part or a good deal. So they helped you spend your money. Oooo very impressive, a company that will help you spend your money.

3) Cip1 is culpable for an order mistake and fails to be honorable. A company that has $4m revenue and cant afford to fix its mistakes, but can afford to loose customers.
Bruce
Samba Member

PostPosted: Wed Apr 13, 2022 5:22 pm    Post subject: Re: Cip1.com - [email protected] - California Import Parts Reply with quote

You forgot the fourth one:

4) Customer orders the wrong part then blames the seller for sending exactly what they ordered. Customer wants to return it, but somehow thinks the seller is responsible to pay for return shipping.

What happened to taking responsibility for your own mistakes?

Here's an example, I sell an item on ebay that fits 74-79 Beetles. I state this in the listing's title. I state it twice in the description. I also indicate this in the item specifics. A guy with a 71 Beetle doesn't bother to read anything and buys this part. (I also sell the part that does fit his car in another listing) The guy gets the part and it doesn't fit. Then blames me for his mistake, saying the part I sell isn't correct, and opens a dispute with Paypal.
tcoop1100
Samba Member

PostPosted: Tue May 03, 2022 12:23 am    Post subject: Re: Cip1.com - [email protected] - California Import Parts Reply with quote

Personally, I don't think air cooled fan has any business posting in this thread, first because of a massive conflict of interest as a cip1 employee and second because of his transparent bias against the people who complain about the customer service. What exactly is your position at cip1, anyway?
EverettB Premium Member
Administrator

PostPosted: Tue May 03, 2022 12:29 pm    Post subject: Re: Cip1.com - [email protected] - California Import Parts Reply with quote

Admin note:
Per an email to me, he will not be responding further in the thread.
Stop dead photo links! Post your photos to The Samba Gallery!
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website Facebook Instagram Gallery Classifieds Feedback
APPLEGREENVW
Samba Member

PostPosted: Tue May 03, 2022 4:07 pm    Post subject: Re: Cip1.com - [email protected] - California Import Parts Reply with quote

Mrmojo wrote:

Good to know about, the chargeback. I'm done buying parts from cip1. After buying parts from them for over 15 years.

02/76 Beetle sedan
Geezer
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sat May 14, 2022 2:45 pm    Post subject: Re: Cip1.com - [email protected] - California Import Parts Reply with quote

Image may have been reduced in size. Click image to view fullscreen.

Update on my BRM wheel return adventure with Cip1. My bank put $549.96 back onto my credit card in February due to my dispute. Since then I have heard nothing.
I have been thinking the remarks Cip1 made that I scratched the lug bores on 3 of the wheels by mounting them to my car. I did mount one wheel to my front right wheel using one of their lugs which I shortened and 2 of my studs. No other wheels were mounted to my car. So how did the lug bores of 3 wheels get scratched ? They were either used wheels to begin with or returns sold to me as new. One wheel they say I painted on the backside. I believe that wheel was removed from a display which had a background of some kind of black material which stuck to the wheel. I also retuned 4, still in the packaging, center caps $79.96. I figure I will never see anything back for the center caps even with 20% taken for restocking. Lesson learned on my part and my VW friends. The money is not that important to me. If Visa wants the funds back no problem. I just hope to save someone else from making the mistake I made. Been owning VW's since high school (1964) and a Samba member since 2003.
andk5591
Samba Member

PostPosted: Fri May 20, 2022 12:09 pm    Post subject: Re: Cip1.com - [email protected] - California Import Parts Reply with quote

Still not a CIP1 employee...just a shop owner. Some of this has gotten pretty crazy and is very surprising to me. Agree that a CIP1 employee should have identified themselves... It does say that under their screen name, but it may not have previously...Don't know. But I can understand defending your company if you believe in it.

I guess that on occasion crap can happen. And as I may have said earlier, there is usually more to the story than what gets posted.

I will just reiterate that I buy a lot from them, over $13K last year, over $8K so far this year, which means probably over $20K total for 2022. I think the only issue I have had this year was a couple fuel senders that were sticky and it was resolved.

I feel bad for the folks that have had problems. I have had my share with a few other vendors, so I understand. But with few exceptions, I have always been able to get a satisfactory resolution. I very rarely blast anyone on the forums. But, if someone asks me specifically for my experience with 3 vendors, I will convey my experience.

I love CIP1 and will keep buying...
"John's car" 64 VW woodie - The first ever
Maxine 61 Cal-look bug - Cindy's daily driver.
Max - 73 standard Beetle hearse project - For sale
66 bug project - Real patina & Suby conversion
There's more, but not keeping them...
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail AIM Address Gallery Classifieds Feedback
Geezer
Samba Member

PostPosted: Thu Jun 02, 2022 7:34 pm    Post subject: Re: Cip1.com - [email protected] - California Import Parts Reply with quote

Image may have been reduced in size. Click image to view fullscreen.
I found my wheels and the proper width also.
Hobug Premium Member
Samba Member

PostPosted: Fri Aug 26, 2022 10:48 am    Post subject: Re: Cip1.com - [email protected] - California Import Parts Reply with quote

I placed my order on Tuesday and had the parts in my hands on Thursday.
Thanks Cip1!
72 Super
63 Bug
Reply to topic    Forum Index -> Buyer and Seller Feedback All times are Mountain Standard Time/Pacific Daylight Savings Time
Page: Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 29, 30, 31, 32, 33  Next
Jump to:
Page 30 of 33

Jump to: