Hello! Log in or Register   |  Help  |  Donate  |  Buy Shirts See all banner ads | Advertise on TheSamba.com  
TheSamba.com

Post Photos of the REAR of your Van!
Page: Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 15, 16, 17, 18, 19  Next
Jump to:
Forum Index -> Vanagon Share: Facebook Twitter
Reply to topic
Quick sort: Show newest posts on top | Show oldest posts on top View previous topic :: View next topic  
bajabones
Samba Member

PostPosted: Tue May 25, 2021 10:58 am    Post subject: Re: Post Photos of the REAR of your Van! Reply with quote

Beer cooler
Image may have been reduced in size. Click image to view fullscreen.

Solid shaft
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Gallery Classifieds Feedback
jimf909 Premium Member
Samba Member

PostPosted: Tue Jun 01, 2021 8:05 pm    Post subject: Re: Post Photos of the REAR of your Van! Reply with quote

My stalker got a photo of the back of our van at Washington Pass (Washington state, Hwy 20, 5,476') last week. If you ever want to cross the northern part of WA state after Hwy 20 opens in mid-May, I recommend taking it. Hwy 20 also crosses Sherman Pass which is the highest pass in WA maintained all year at 5,575'. Beautiful hills and curves and fairly remote for much of the way, esp. eastern WA.

Abscate wrote:
Do not get killed, do not kill others.

Current: 1990 Westy Camper - Bostig RG4, 2wd, manual trans w/Peloquin, NAHT high-top, 280 ah LFP battery, 160 watts solar, Flash Silver, seam rust, bondo, etc., etc.

Past: 1985 Westy Camper - 1.9 wbx, 2wd, manual trans, Merian Brown, (sold after 17 years to Northwesty who converted it to a Syncro).
dougnlina Premium Member
Samba Member

PostPosted: Tue Jun 01, 2021 8:47 pm    Post subject: Re: Post Photos of the REAR of your Van! Reply with quote

Big Sur this Weekend

View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Gallery Classifieds Feedback
Hounddogs
Samba Member

PostPosted: Wed Jun 02, 2021 6:02 pm    Post subject: Re: Post Photos of the REAR of your Van! Reply with quote

jimf909 wrote:
My stalker got a photo of the back of our van at Washington Pass (Washington state, Hwy 20, 5,476') last week. If you ever want to cross the northern part of WA state after Hwy 20 opens in mid-May, I recommend taking it. Hwy 20 also crosses Sherman Pass which is the highest pass in WA maintained all year at 5,575'. Beautiful hills and curves and fairly remote for much of the way, esp. eastern WA.

Both my Dad and I used to pack horses and our burro up there back before the highway was built. It's a beautiful area, although a bit more crowded these days.
‘83 Westfalia (Sold)
‘81 Westfalia (Burned up on the side of the freeway in 1986)
jimf909 Premium Member
Samba Member

PostPosted: Wed Jun 02, 2021 9:29 pm    Post subject: Re: Post Photos of the REAR of your Van! Reply with quote

Hounddogs wrote:

Both my Dad and I used to pack horses and our burro up there back before the highway was built. It's a beautiful area, although a bit more crowded these days.

Then you've certainly seen it in a way I never have. Remarkably rugged and remote terrain. The crowds thin out dramatically between November and May. Very Happy

Abscate wrote:

Current: 1990 Westy Camper - Bostig RG4, 2wd, manual trans w/Peloquin, NAHT high-top, 280 ah LFP battery, 160 watts solar, Flash Silver, seam rust, bondo, etc., etc.

Past: 1985 Westy Camper - 1.9 wbx, 2wd, manual trans, Merian Brown, (sold after 17 years to Northwesty who converted it to a Syncro).
Hounddogs
Samba Member

PostPosted: Wed Jun 02, 2021 9:49 pm    Post subject: Re: Post Photos of the REAR of your Van! Reply with quote

jimf909 wrote:
Hounddogs wrote:

Then you've certainly seen it in a way I never have. Remarkably rugged and remote terrain. The crowds thin out dramatically between November and May. Very Happy

That's true.

We would be up there exploring that whole area for a week in August/September back in the'60's - and never see another soul. I feel fortunate.

So as not to stray too far from this thread;

‘83 Westfalia (Sold)
‘81 Westfalia (Burned up on the side of the freeway in 1986)
joetiger Premium Member
Samba Member

PostPosted: Thu Jun 03, 2021 6:11 am    Post subject: Re: Post Photos of the REAR of your Van! Reply with quote

'86 NAHT Vanagon GL Syncro/ supercharged ABA 2.0 "Pigpen"
'04 GTI 1.8T
'04 Golf R32

"get metaphysical with it. if it's simply a means to get to and from places, it will let you down. if it becomes your zen, it can't fail you." -dabaron

"Still, it's good to be afield."--VWagabond

Available Now! Vanagon to Louisiana--A Two-Lane Reckoning Through Past and Present

www.josephtrussell.com
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Instagram Gallery Classifieds Feedback
Stacks81
Samba Member

PostPosted: Thu Jun 03, 2021 6:23 am    Post subject: Re: Post Photos of the REAR of your Van! Reply with quote

Jake de Villiers
Samba Member

PostPosted: Thu Jun 03, 2021 8:56 am    Post subject: Re: Post Photos of the REAR of your Van! Reply with quote

jimf909 wrote:

Nice, Jim! We came back from Medical lake through there a few years ago ourselves - a truly beautiful scenic highway!
[/img]
http://sites.google.com/site/subyjake/mydixiedarlin%27
www.crescentbeachguitar.com
www.thebassspa.com
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website Instagram Gallery Classifieds Feedback
bryanarchy
Samba Member

PostPosted: Thu Jun 03, 2021 9:07 am    Post subject: Re: Post Photos of the REAR of your Van! Reply with quote

Visiting the giant Ukrainian Pysanka (Easter egg) in Vegreville, Alberta.
minah
Samba Member

PostPosted: Thu Jun 03, 2021 9:26 am    Post subject: Re: Post Photos of the REAR of your Van! Reply with quote

All my girls lined up.
ThinkingD
Samba Member

PostPosted: Thu Jun 03, 2021 9:55 am    Post subject: Re: Post Photos of the REAR of your Van! Reply with quote

dieseltdi
Samba Member

PostPosted: Thu Jun 03, 2021 6:42 pm    Post subject: Re: Post Photos of the REAR of your Van! Reply with quote

Here is the rear of my just completed Vanagon rear. Hayden
narendra.vw
Samba Member

PostPosted: Thu Jun 03, 2021 7:38 pm    Post subject: Re: Post Photos of the REAR of your Van! Reply with quote

hellvetica wrote:
New member here. Fitting to introduce myself in this thread as this is currently the only *good* photo I have of the new-to-me van.

91 Syncro

it looks clean. color matches too.
chrismsnt
Samba Member

PostPosted: Mon Jun 07, 2021 7:00 am    Post subject: Re: Post Photos of the REAR of your Van! Reply with quote

https://vwvandiesel.com
Instagram @VW_VanDiesel
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Instagram Gallery Classifieds Feedback
jimf909 Premium Member
Samba Member

PostPosted: Mon Jun 07, 2021 7:27 am    Post subject: Re: Post Photos of the REAR of your Van! Reply with quote

Nice pics. You can is matches the dirt. Say goodbye to washing the van. Very Happy

Abscate wrote:

AceTaylor
Samba Member

PostPosted: Mon Jun 07, 2021 8:51 am    Post subject: Re: Post Photos of the REAR of your Van! Reply with quote

Cleaned up nice after it's semiannual 1220 mile trip to SWFL.
R. Deschain
Samba Member

PostPosted: Wed Jun 09, 2021 7:05 am    Post subject: Re: Post Photos of the REAR of your Van! Reply with quote

Here is a picture of her butt the day she came to live with me. The is a new RMW hitch bumper, tire rack, shelf, and different stickers now. She is also cleaner Smile

https://www.youtube.com/mattofmanytrades
jimf909 Premium Member
Samba Member

PostPosted: Wed Jun 09, 2021 7:13 am    Post subject: Re: Post Photos of the REAR of your Van! Reply with quote

dieseltdi wrote:
Here is the rear of my just completed Vanagon rear. Hayden

It'd be nice to see more of this. Just completed? Paint? Engine? What else? It looks good.

Abscate wrote:

dieseltdi
Samba Member

PostPosted: Wed Jun 09, 2021 7:20 am    Post subject: Re: Post Photos of the REAR of your Van! Reply with quote

I have a build thread: Oh no another Vanagon tdi
Reply to topic    Forum Index -> Vanagon All times are Mountain Standard Time/Pacific Daylight Savings Time
Page: Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 15, 16, 17, 18, 19  Next
Jump to:
Page 16 of 19

Jump to: