Hello! Log in or Register   |  Help  |  Donate  |  Buy Shirts See all banner ads | Advertise on TheSamba.com  
TheSamba.com

FI troubles
Forum Index -> Bay Window Bus Share: Facebook Twitter
Reply to topic
Quick sort: Show newest posts on top | Show oldest posts on top View previous topic :: View next topic  
tootype2crazy
Samba Member

PostPosted: Mon Jun 25, 2012 10:42 am    Post subject: FI troubles Reply with quote

Well I'm not getting a response in the FI sticky so I'll post here.

I have been running FI for about 7 months now and it has been great. The problem I have been having is between 2000 - 3000 rpm it runs rough and pops in the exhaust will revving it. It has a tiny flat spot upon acceleration as well. It has great power overall, though. Especially above 3000 rpm its great.

I suspected the AAR, I took it out adjusted and tested it and it is ok. I also suspected a vacuum leak so I checked every single connection yesterday, taking it all apart and putting it back together, no change. I also thought it might be the coil and distributor cap and rotor. A while back while turning the distributor to adjust the timing the cap came loose while the engine was running, destroying the cap, rotor, and coil. I put a used set on that I had in the basement from and old engine. Is it possible that those parts are causing this? The problem has gotten progressively worse from over the last few months, seemingly from the time I put the ignition components on, although I can't be sure of that.

I also checked and greased all the electrical connections yesterday. It did seem to give it a little more pep, but did not change the rough running between 2000-3000 rpm.

Is there something I'm overlooking or that I should test? I have been through the troubleshooting in the L-Jet manual but I just can't pinpoint anything.
1970 Single Cab 2.1 turbo/EFI 6 Rib, 78 front beam, vanagon backing plates on rear (project)
2001 GTI VR6 (wife's)
SGKent Premium Member
Samba Member

PostPosted: Mon Jun 25, 2012 11:08 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

You posted at 5am. Give people a chance to drop by. I posted some answers in the FI sticky.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Gallery Classifieds Feedback
Reply to topic    Forum Index -> Bay Window Bus All times are Mountain Standard Time/Pacific Daylight Savings Time
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: