Hello! Log in or Register   |  Help  |  Donate  |  Buy Shirts See all banner ads | Advertise on TheSamba.com  
TheSamba.com

Manx On The Banx, Oct. 8-14, 2012
Page: 1, 2, 3 ... 12, 13, 14  Next
Jump to:
Forum Index -> Kit Car/Fiberglass Buggy/356 Replica Share: Facebook Twitter
Reply to topic
Quick sort: Show newest posts on top | Show oldest posts on top View previous topic :: View next topic  
Gary0302
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sat Jun 30, 2012 5:17 pm    Post subject: Manx On The Banx, Oct. 8-14, 2012 Reply with quote

Unfortunately, I missed last year’s inaugural "Manx on the Banx" on the Outer Banks of NC (no excuses, huge brainlock on my part), but I am going to do my best not to make the same mistake twice. I plan on trailering my buggy up there for the 7 day event; I figure that travel time from Jacksonville (NC) should take about 3.5 to 4 hours, not allowing for stops along the way.

I was wondering if those that attended last year’s event would plan or prepare any differently (dune buggy vehicle prep, accommodations, places to check out, etc). For those that may be interested, I hope to create a dedicated section on my website (East Coast Dune Buggies) featuring photos and YouTube video links. After the event is over, feel free to send your submissions to [email protected].

Show info:
Quote:
Don't forget to check out www.manxonthebanx.com for the latest information on activities (events calendar) and lodging discounts. FYI, we have confirmed "special guests" for this year. Check out the website.

Bud

Check out my videos on Youtube

"It's a buggy not a space shuttle...." - Dale M.
"When in doubt, blame it on the previous owner" - Gary0302

Last edited by Gary0302 on Fri Sep 28, 2012 4:22 am; edited 38 times in total
buggy2430
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sat Jun 30, 2012 6:39 pm    Post subject: Manx On The Banks Reply with quote

I would love to, but unfortunatly our financial situation won't allow it. And I'm in North Carolina too. 400 miles away though.
Q-Dog
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sat Jun 30, 2012 6:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I just drove a few days up the Outer Banks, unfortunately not in my buggy. We had a great time and I thought several times how much nicer it would have been in the buggy. I just don't know if we can swing another trip this Summer.

'69 Dune Buggy
'69 Beetle Convertible
'70 Beetle

Last edited by Q-Dog on Sat Jun 30, 2012 6:54 pm; edited 1 time in total
vincent9993
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sat Jun 30, 2012 6:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Count France and I in!
manxcraig
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sat Jun 30, 2012 7:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Money is so tight right now, I've never been this broke. I doubt I can make it.
wvbowtieman
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sat Jun 30, 2012 7:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Buggy should be finished around mid August......We will be there! Razz
monomanx
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sat Jun 30, 2012 8:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

oh man...you are stressing me out...i finally got the moncoque fuel tank gel coat all sanded out and received my order of vinyl ester resin and glass. i have to coat the entire inside of the tank....and then put the lid back on the tank....then repaint. it seems like that should go ptty quickly...but seems to be taking a long time.

i hope to drive it from anderson sc to the motb run...about an eleven hour drive in a 40 hp buggy...woohoo.

chris
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Gallery Classifieds Feedback
Tom_Kathleen
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sun Jul 01, 2012 7:06 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

If we survive the Tahoe area Manx Club event in September, we will be there. Tom
Manxter #16, 1968 Meyers Manx & Kick-Out SS #16 (WIP)
Manx Club & CVA
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Gallery Classifieds Feedback
didget69
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sun Jul 01, 2012 8:33 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

monomanx wrote:
oh man...you are stressing me out...i finally got the moncoque fuel tank gel coat all sanded out and received my order of vinyl ester resin and glass. i have to coat the entire inside of the tank....and then put the lid back on the tank....then repaint. it seems like that should go ptty quickly...but seems to be taking a long time.

i hope to drive it from anderson sc to the motb run...about an eleven hour drive in a 40 hp buggy...woohoo.

chris

11 Hours? If you loosen the drag of the brake shoes against the drums, you can do the trip in 8.5 Hours... Laughing
73SpeedBuggy
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sun Jul 01, 2012 10:58 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

If I ever get my new hood and windshield we'll be there.
Manxter #39 on a 1971 Pan
Turbo-charged Subaru EJ25D (DOHC)
http://www.cardomain.com/ride/3923620/1971-volkswagen-beetle#

-Adam
monomanx
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sun Jul 01, 2012 12:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

didget69 wrote:
monomanx wrote:

chris

11 Hours? If you loosen the drag of the brake shoes against the drums, you can do the trip in 8.5 Hours... Laughing

yeah...40 hp in a buggy on as few highways as possible to avoid being run down by SUVs...this aint no rocket ship with a subaru in it ya know Wink
manxcraig
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sun Jul 01, 2012 3:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Map quest says 13 hours, 11 minuets, 791 miles. Dang I want to go.
1madmanx
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sun Jul 01, 2012 5:21 pm    Post subject: Re: Manx on the Banx (99 days & counting), who is going? Reply with quote

Gary0302 wrote:
Unfortunately, I missed last year’s inaugural "Manx on the Banx" on the Outer Banks of NC (no excuses, huge brainlock on my part), but I am going to do my best not to make the same mistake twice. I plan on trailering my buggy up there for the 7 day event; I figure that travel time from Jacksonville (NC) should take about 3.5 to 4 hours, not allowing for stops along the way.

I was wondering if those that attended last year’s event would plan or prepare any differently (dune buggy vehicle prep, accommodations, places to check out, etc). For those that may be interested, I hope to create a dedicated section on my website (East Coast Dune Buggies) featuring photos and YouTube video links. After the event is over, feel free to send your submissions to [email protected].

Gary,

I'm glad to hear you'll be going this year. The event is shaping up to be even better than last year since it's 1-week long! We are planning activities for each day with the weekend cap-off cruise on the beach.

Don't forget to check out www.manxonthebanx.com for the latest information on activities (events calendar) and lodging discounts. FYI, we have confirmed "special guests" for this year. Check out the website.

Bud
'66 Kombi Bus
'73 Thing
Visit my Galleries:
https://manxclub.com/forum/app.php/gallery/album/44
surfnc
Samba Member

PostPosted: Mon Jul 02, 2012 8:17 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Keep in mind that the activities that were done last year will be the same this year and will happen on the week end. (10/12-14) So don't think that you have to come for the whole week. (may help with the expense)
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address Gallery Classifieds Feedback
joescoolcustoms
Samba Member

PostPosted: Mon Jul 02, 2012 9:00 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Just started on building the buggy yesterday. Rented a house in Kill Devil Hills for the week, so I better hurry up the build.

Everyone is gifted. Some just do not open the package.

Looks like it was painted with a live chicken,polished with a brick and buffed with a pine cone
Gary0302
Samba Member

PostPosted: Tue Jul 03, 2012 4:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi Guys,

I just made my reservations for Manx on the Banx by calling the Travelodge at Kill Devil Hills (800-338-7761, pressed 1 for reservations). They are offering a 20% discount on room rates for those that plan to attend the Manx on the Banx event. If you have any questions (as far as the Travelodge set up is concerned), ask for Scott Jackle.

Check out my videos on Youtube

"It's a buggy not a space shuttle...." - Dale M.
"When in doubt, blame it on the previous owner" - Gary0302
1madmanx
Samba Member

PostPosted: Fri Jul 06, 2012 2:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Gary0302 wrote:
Hi Guys,

I just made my reservations for Manx on the Banx by calling the Travelodge at Kill Devil Hills (800-338-7761, pressed 1 for reservations). They are offering a 20% discount on room rates for those that plan to attend the Manx on the Banx event. If you have any questions (as far as the Travelodge set up is concerned), ask for Scott Jackle.

Gary,

I'm glad you got your room reserved. I talked to Scott and I hear the block of rooms he has set aside for the event are filling fast!!!!

If you haven't seen them yet on the www.manxonthebanx.com site, there are event specific shirts now available. Grab one before they are gone.

I can't wait for October.

Bud
'66 Kombi Bus
'73 Thing
Visit my Galleries:
manxcraig
Samba Member

PostPosted: Fri Jul 06, 2012 4:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm thinking about attending on a very tight budget, will there be camping on site?
surfnc
Samba Member

PostPosted: Fri Jul 06, 2012 4:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Craig
Unfortunately the Park Service camps are closed for the season by that time but you could try here:

http://www.therefuge-roanokeisland.com/

Vince
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address Gallery Classifieds Feedback
1madmanx
Samba Member

PostPosted: Fri Jul 06, 2012 4:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

manxcraig wrote:
I'm thinking about attending on a very tight budget, will there be camping on site?

The event will cover the entire Nags Head and Kitty Hawk area (no one location), plus cruises up to Corolla and down to Hatteras Lighthouse. Main "base of operation will be around Nags Head. There are a number of camp sites in the area. I'll try to get the locations posted on the website over the weekend.

There were a few people that camped out last year and had a great time.

Bud

Edit: looks like Vince beat me to the punch Smile
'66 Kombi Bus
'73 Thing
Visit my Galleries:
Reply to topic    Forum Index -> Kit Car/Fiberglass Buggy/356 Replica All times are Mountain Standard Time/Pacific Daylight Savings Time
Page: 1, 2, 3 ... 12, 13, 14  Next
Jump to:
Page 1 of 14

Jump to: