Hello! Log in or Register   |  Help  |  Donate  |  Buy Shirts See all banner ads | Advertise on TheSamba.com  
TheSamba.com

Please help price my 63 Standard Bus
Forum Index -> Split Bus Share: Facebook Twitter
Reply to topic
Quick sort: Show newest posts on top | Show oldest posts on top View previous topic :: View next topic  
just bugn
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sun Jul 01, 2012 9:47 pm    Post subject: Please help price my 63 Standard Bus Reply with quote

I'm trying to sell my 63 standard, here on the samba I've realized It needs more love than i can afford but I'm new to busses and don't really know what its worth I've posted make offer and had a couple people ask what price range I'm looking at and I really just don't know.. I'm planning on getting pictures of the cargo floors and underneath and more of the body tomorrow, I can't get the links to work with my phone but the pictures are in my gallery, when i get to a computer I'll put them here. Please help
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Gallery Classifieds Feedback
laszlo805
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sun Jul 01, 2012 10:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

i would think 1,500 to 2,500 from the pics in your gallery
just from what i have seen in the pics
Malokin Martin
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sun Jul 01, 2012 10:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

http://www.thesamba.com/vw/forum/viewtopic.php?t=94568

No title is a major headache (depending on where the buyer lives). Unless it were meant as a parts metal vehicle....

Does it have the numbers still?

1.) Front M-code plate
2.) Rear VIN plate
3.) Engine tin stamped vin number

AND do they match the correct year for the vehicle? It couldn't even be titled without one of these... preferably the stamped vin. The stamped vin being present (and readable) is a go/no-go for me.

Does it include an engine? In addition to the rust shots, pictures of what you have would also help your cause (front seats, interior bits etc etc)

2k WITH a title would be high IMHO

But what do YOU want for it? It doesn't seem like you're in a hurry to get rid of it, as it's already been sitting for a year... price it for what you have into it (which can't be too much)... wait... and, if it doesn't sell, lower it until it does.
Scooterboyd
Samba Member

PostPosted: Mon Jul 02, 2012 11:55 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Rotted floor = $500 max.
59 - Convertible Raceable Baja Bug
63 - Dune Buggy
65 - Single Cab
quartermilecamel
Samba Member

PostPosted: Mon Jul 02, 2012 12:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

can get a title is quite a bit different from just plain dont have one. Hell, go get one. Makes bus much more appealing to a buyer. Not having title means to the buyer"If I buy this bus, what am I getting into with no title" Half or more of your buyers just walked with the no title issue.
61TXghia
Samba Member

PostPosted: Mon Jul 02, 2012 2:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Image may have been reduced in size. Click image to view fullscreen.

No title is a pain in the ass. So is removing big peace signs. LOL
Camping is cheaper than therapy.
just bugn
Samba Member

PostPosted: Mon Jul 02, 2012 8:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yeah my roommates a dick for the nose job, m plate is gone, knew nothing about a vin on the engine tin which in long gone, the body vin in the engine compartment is there rough but very legible. Getting a tittle is actually pretty easy it requires a bill of sale, then a police check to verify the vin number and a vin check to make sure it comes back clean, both forms are free from the DMV the hardest parts waiting for it to come in the mail.. Not a big deal. I am aware it will provably sell for parts since most people won't put this kind of work into one with 11 windows, which is why I haven't just went ahead and done it..
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Gallery Classifieds Feedback
BorisGrishenko
Samba Member

PostPosted: Mon Jul 02, 2012 10:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

just bugn wrote:
Yeah my roommates a dick for the nose job, m plate is gone, knew nothing about a vin on the engine tin which in long gone, the body vin in the engine compartment is there rough but very legible. Getting a tittle is actually pretty easy it requires a bill of sale, then a police check to verify the vin number and a vin check to make sure it comes back clean, both forms are free from the DMV the hardest parts waiting for it to come in the mail.. Not a big deal. I am aware it will provably sell for parts since most people won't put this kind of work into one with 11 windows, which is why I haven't just went ahead and done it..
As far as titles go, that depends from state to state. Some states don't like bills of sale at all, and without a clean title from the same or another state, it becomes a gigantic hassle. I know I wouldn't want to take on an untitled project in Texas (my state of residence). The hassles and the potential pitfalls and expenses are too great to justify it.

As far as 11 window, I'd love to have any bus. I've been thinking about it and 11 is actually what I'd like to have ideally (though I wouldn't complain about more or less ^_~) but sadly, living in college housing for the next six months makes it impossible for me to commit to a major project for the time being. Regardless, I'd hate to see this cut up, it's one less bus out there, and every repairable bus that disappears is one less in the world. To me, that's a tragedy and a waste, even if it is more economical.

I guess what I want to say here is pass it along to someone who will give it some love. I've seen threads with worse being rebuilt/restored , and the karma will pay off in the end.
2011 Jetta SportWagen TDI - sold
2014 Jetta SportWagen TDI -Dieselgate victim
2016 Golf 1.8
Reply to topic    Forum Index -> Split Bus All times are Mountain Standard Time/Pacific Daylight Savings Time
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: