Hello! Log in or Register   |  Help  |  Donate  |  Buy Shirts See all banner ads | Advertise on TheSamba.com  
TheSamba.com

bigriggifts.com
Forum Index -> Buyer and Seller Feedback Share: Facebook Twitter
Reply to topic
Quick sort: Show newest posts on top | Show oldest posts on top View previous topic :: View next topic  
engscott78
Samba Member

PostPosted: Tue Jul 03, 2012 4:04 pm    Post subject: bigriggifts.com Reply with quote

I decided to pull the trigger on the Truck Fridge TF49 and since bigriggifts.com offered free shipping and a military discount I purchased from them. The free shipping is a great deal since I live in Alaska.

I placed my order yesterday, the second, and within about a half hour T.J. called and explained free shipping was only offered in the contiguous U.S. T.J. told me he would call today, the third, and let me know how much shipping would be.

ring ring, ring ring, I answer, it's T.J. again calling as promised. He kindly informed me shipping to AK would be $150. As I was mentally preparing to live without the fridge and fighting back tears until we ended our phone call, T.J. noticed my email address had an indicator that I was active duty military. Then T.J. told me something that instantly dried my tears, he was going to ship the fridge to me for FREE since it's the Fourth of July and I was military.

How cool is that?!?!

So I'm going to have a new fridge for my journey to California in August. If anyone needs anything from Alaska let me know, if I've got room I'll bring it.

Happy 4th everyone!!

Last edited by engscott78 on Tue Jul 03, 2012 5:51 pm; edited 1 time in total
SpeedoJosh
Samba Member

PostPosted: Tue Jul 03, 2012 4:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

You replacing a fridge in a Westy, or just adding one to your Vanagon?
Ahwahnee
Samba Member

PostPosted: Tue Jul 03, 2012 4:32 pm    Post subject: Re: bigriggifts.com RULES! Reply with quote

Glad they took care of you, but...

engscott78 wrote:
...T.J. called and explained free shipping was only offered in the continental U.S...

...I don't have a map handy but I'm under the impression that Alaska is on the same continent as Arizona and 47 other states. A common misnomer but one that would bug me if I lived in the Land of the Midnight Sun.

But then our local weather maps always show your state down in the lower left hand corner, right next to Hawaii and about the same size.
DAIZEE
Samba Member

PostPosted: Tue Jul 03, 2012 4:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sometimes you read the word contiguous United States. Still it's a bummer. It's not like a plane can't fly from US 'mainland' to Alaska 'mainland'! Now we Canadians are a lateral country from 'rock' to 'rock' Laughing glad you got a break tho!
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Facebook Gallery Classifieds Feedback
westyventures
Samba Member

PostPosted: Tue Jul 03, 2012 4:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Shouldn't this have been posted here?
http://www.thesamba.com/vw/forum/viewforum.php?f=14

If only every company could sell things for negative profit. What they did was make you feel good so you'd tell your buddies here in hopes of recouping the loss with more sales. But ask them for help in installing it in your Westfalia....see what they tell ya. Laughing
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website Instagram Gallery Classifieds Feedback
WLD*WSTY
Samba Member

PostPosted: Tue Jul 03, 2012 5:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I just bought a Truckfridge myself. Being a cheap SOB, I seriously considered buying from BRG. In the end, I decided that the info that WestyVentures has provided concerning fridge quality, comparisons, electrical usage, and installation examples was worth far more than the few bucks I could save with the other guy.

While we each have to make our own decisions, I'm for supporting the guys who support us. Thanks Karl! Wink

Larry H.
WLD*WSTY
Samba Member

PostPosted: Tue Jul 03, 2012 5:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Oh, and engscott78, thanks for your service! Hope you have a great Fourth of July! Very Happy
gl98115
Samba Member

PostPosted: Tue Jul 03, 2012 5:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

BigRigGifts sponsors a banner ad on TheSamba.com
engscott78
Samba Member

PostPosted: Tue Jul 03, 2012 5:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Contiguous yes, that's what I meant. It's been edited.

A negative profit for sure.

I support the little guy as well, I have ordered from Karl. An item I found cheaper elsewhere by $50 as a matter of fact. I don't feel bad about ordering from a big box company now and then. $150 is a significant savings.

If you're willing to piss $150 away you need your head examined.
engscott78
Samba Member

PostPosted: Tue Jul 03, 2012 5:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

You're very welcome WLD*WSTY.
I've got an '06 Subaru in my Westy as well.

Speedojosh, I'm replacing a Westy fridge in an '87. I probably would've gotten a top opening unit if I had a non-westy.
BigRigGifts
Samba Member

PostPosted: Thu Jul 05, 2012 9:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

westyventures wrote:

If only every company could sell things for negative profit. What they did was make you feel good so you'd tell your buddies here in hopes of recouping the loss with more sales. But ask them for help in installing it in your Westfalia....see what they tell ya. Laughing

First of all, thank you for the kind words. The TF-49 (AC/DC Version) is on its way, via FedEx.

As far as a "negative profit" ... we charged it to "marketing and advertising costs". (But thank you for your concern)

Thirdly, since I had served in both Iraq & Afghanistan (OIF & OEF) ... working with the military. I am very appreciative of the service provided by the military ... and since it was coming up on the 4th it was the right thing to do.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Classifieds Feedback
Reply to topic    Forum Index -> Buyer and Seller Feedback All times are Mountain Standard Time/Pacific Daylight Savings Time
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: