Hello! Log in or Register   |  Help  |  Donate  |  Buy Shirts See all banner ads | Advertise on TheSamba.com  
TheSamba.com

Canadian '52 Deluxe
Page: Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next
Forum Index -> Split Bus - Barndoor Share: Facebook Twitter
Reply to topic
Quick sort: Show newest posts on top | Show oldest posts on top View previous topic :: View next topic  
Lazaa
Samba Member

PostPosted: Thu Jan 09, 2020 7:08 am    Post subject: Re: Canadian '52 Deluxe Reply with quote

Thank you for the support Shocked
Let's go for a book then... Wink The book project was already almost decided since a while but now I see there is interest, it's one more push to make it happen Wink

I wil bring the bus in "as is" condition to a photo studio for the first shooting session, before it is cut up everywhere. Such a wrek in such a clean environment will be nice Smile
Both the VW38 and the KDF41 books are very inspiring and quite close to what I want to make (even though i want it closest to the KDF41 which give more specific details imho) Idea
djfordmanjack
Samba Member

PostPosted: Thu Jan 09, 2020 5:45 pm    Post subject: Re: Canadian '52 Deluxe Reply with quote

I would rather see an exciting book and be willing to pay for it. Just wanted to reassure Florian. Like the KDF41 book by Andre Brom, a book about a Canadian 52 Barndoor might not become a bestseller on Amatron or epay, dictating a higher price. I would be ok with that.
the bus and book project sounds very promising and it would be great to see all of this in a high quality publication. like Florian said.
the world has seen enough Bulli books with turquois-white 21windows. not hating, just saying there needs to be this quality book about the 52DLX resto. Very Happy

Lowdown Dirty Rat wrote:
I’d definitely want a book. Not as keen as some of the others on a €100 price tag though Laughing

52 Barndoor DLX Coachbuild project
55 Wolfsburg panel project, og paint Taubenblau L31
62 Dickholmer, custom color Seeblau L360
63 1500 Notch, og paint Rubin Rot L456
67 1500 Käfer, og paint Lotus weiß L282 w/red interior
Huetti_1989
Samba Member

PostPosted: Fri Jan 10, 2020 8:09 am    Post subject: Re: Canadian '52 Deluxe Reply with quote

Thank you florian for fixing that pictures, cant wait to see some work on this one!
I be sure you make it very good again!

I would be also interested in the book.

Greetings from Austria
-Christian
https://www.thesamba.com/vw/forum/viewtopic.php?t=757182
My 1954 Deutsche Bundespost Barndoor:
http://www.thesamba.com/vw/forum/viewtopic.php?t=621802
My 1961 SO34 Flipseat Westfalia:
https://www.thesamba.com/vw/forum/viewtopic.php?t=716285
My 1991 Westfalia California:
http://www.thesamba.com/vw/forum/viewtopic.php?t=650751
bally
Samba Member

PostPosted: Fri Jan 10, 2020 11:31 pm    Post subject: Re: Canadian '52 Deluxe Reply with quote

Lazaa wrote:
Thank you for the support Shocked
Let's go for a book then... Wink The book project was already almost decided since a while but now I see there is interest, it's one more push to make it happen Wink

I wil bring the bus in "as is" condition to a photo studio for the first shooting session, before it is cut up everywhere. Such a wrek in such a clean environment will be nice Smile
Both the VW38 and the KDF41 books are very inspiring and quite close to what I want to make (even though i want it closest to the KDF41 which give more specific details imho) Idea

Yes please to detail Florian, detail, detail, detail please Smile
Dave
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail AIM Address Gallery Classifieds Feedback
j.pickens
Samba Member

PostPosted: Thu Jan 16, 2020 8:51 pm    Post subject: Re: Canadian '52 Deluxe Reply with quote

Put me on the book list, Florian.
When I saw your welding work in Amersfoort, it looked pretty good to me!
But I understand that what you want to achieve with this restoration means a concours level of work is required.

Please keep us updated!

i wish more people would actually drive their vws rather than just talking about what they have in the garage.

Red Fau Veh wrote:
If you've seen one sunroof swivel seat kombi, you've seen them all! Cool
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Gallery Classifieds Feedback
earlywesty
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sat Feb 22, 2020 8:52 am    Post subject: Re: Canadian '52 Deluxe Reply with quote

As an early Canadian VW fan, I would gladly pay for a book on bus unearthed so close to home and with such significance.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Gallery Classifieds Feedback
Riff Raff
Shivering Sambian

PostPosted: Sun Mar 08, 2020 10:17 pm    Post subject: Re: Canadian '52 Deluxe Reply with quote

A book about the detailed correct restoration of a de Luxe would fill a niche in the market.
This bus in particular, with it's historical significance and pedigree makes a detailed record of the resurrection (photos, text, video) a must!

Completion for VW of Canada's 70th would be about the coolest thing since the 1952 CNE.
ippocamp
Samba Member

PostPosted: Fri Mar 13, 2020 3:22 pm    Post subject: Re: Canadian '52 Deluxe Reply with quote

Hi Florian we are neighbors!! Very Happy

Salut Florian, c'est dingue ton histoire, j'apprends qu'un Barndoor Deluxe avec une histoire incroyable est dans le même département que moi!! Je suis à Chavagneux, de l'autre côté de l'Isère...
Respect, quel courage de relever ce défi, moi je rame un peu avec le mien qui a bien moins besoin de travaux... Embarassed
Good luck see you I hope! Wink
j.pickens
Samba Member

PostPosted: Tue Mar 17, 2020 4:07 am    Post subject: Re: Canadian '52 Deluxe Reply with quote

Any updates?

i wish more people would actually drive their vws rather than just talking about what they have in the garage.

Red Fau Veh wrote:
If you've seen one sunroof swivel seat kombi, you've seen them all! Cool
Lazaa
Samba Member

PostPosted: Wed Mar 25, 2020 1:10 pm    Post subject: Re: Canadian '52 Deluxe Reply with quote

The body was supposed to go to a welder in UK in april but he had troubles in his business so unfortunately he had to step back.

I am currently talking with a very talented guy in France.... only 3 hours from me which is great, but hour rate is expensive so need to sort out if I can really afford that.... Crying or Very sad
Ojai63dbl
Samba Member

PostPosted: Mon Mar 30, 2020 2:50 pm    Post subject: Re: Canadian '52 Deluxe Reply with quote

Lazaa

When you have a moment can you PM me (or check your PM and respond) to update me on Doglegs.

thanks
Lazaa
Samba Member

PostPosted: Wed Jun 24, 2020 1:00 am    Post subject: Re: Canadian '52 Deluxe Reply with quote

Hello !

Last week I moved the bus to an abandonned factory in a remote location to make a movie about the bus in "as is" condition before it goes to the welder.

That was quite an adventure as we had to brought lots of stuff to make the movie I had in mind... and even though we secured it, the building has been visited one night by fuckers who stole my generator, lights, tools, but thankfully only took the Canadian rear Volkswagen script and let all the other parts there Shocked

Video will be published after summer. Hope you will like it.

Image may have been reduced in size. Click image to view fullscreen.

By the way, I am still looking for a few parts to complete the bus. Hope someone can help !
- 10 louver trims
- 2 beauty rings
- rear floor mat
- middle seat mountings plates between seat and mat
- 4 middle seat clamps (29 numbered Idea )

Feel free to let me know if you have some of those things Very Happy

The front clip is at the welder already and he will begin to work on it next week. I will bring the bus to him as soon as I've done a photo studio shooting in "as is" condition for the book... (if I find a studio nearby...).

Cheers Exclamation
Florian
bally
Samba Member

PostPosted: Wed Jun 24, 2020 3:22 am    Post subject: Re: Canadian '52 Deluxe Reply with quote

I'm do looking forward to the video Florian but so disappointed for you tgat some low life stole from you. I hope youlll be able to source a replacement badge.

Looking forward to the next update!!!

Cheers. Dave
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail AIM Address Gallery Classifieds Feedback
EverettB Premium Member
Administrator

PostPosted: Wed Jun 24, 2020 9:19 am    Post subject: Re: Canadian '52 Deluxe Reply with quote

Cool photo.
Sorry to hear some things were stolen but glad they didn't take any Bus parts

Lazaa wrote:
- middle seat mountings plates between seat and mat

Do you mean these?

Barndoors don't use those plates
Stop dead photo links! Post your photos to The Samba Gallery!
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website Facebook Instagram Gallery Classifieds Feedback
Bendango
Samba Member

PostPosted: Wed Jun 24, 2020 2:06 pm    Post subject: Re: Canadian '52 Deluxe Reply with quote

If only they knew how valuable all of those little blue boxes were! Total scumbags! But at least most of the hard to replace stuff was missed. All the best with the resto and book!

WANTED - [WTB] 55-62 Bus Thin Lip Package Tray SWR

Getting Used - SWR 60 westy copy built by vw ( apparently Rolling Eyes )
http://www.thesamba.com/vw/forum/viewtopic.php?t=320866

Braukuche wrote:
Where did you find the elephant dick?
Lazaa
Samba Member

PostPosted: Thu Jun 25, 2020 3:59 am    Post subject: Re: Canadian '52 Deluxe Reply with quote

Thanks for your messages Smile

EverettB wrote:
Cool photo.

Do you mean these?

Barndoors don't use those plates

No for sure, i don't need those. Idea
I am looking for this black tin Crying or Very sad :

Photo courtesy : uberwagen

By the way is it only on cargo door side ? Or is there a second one at the other end of the seat ? Idea
The clamps, I want them with 29 part number Idea
EverettB Premium Member
Administrator

PostPosted: Thu Jun 25, 2020 9:52 am    Post subject: Re: Canadian '52 Deluxe Reply with quote

Ok, I understand and I should have asked if you meant that plate.

As far as I know the plate is only on the cargo door side legs.

I have never seen a real one, only the reproductions that user Fast Eddie made a few years ago.

I am not sure if the middle seat clamps have a 29 part #?
The ones on my Bus are hard to read but say something like
VW L51 9
or
VW 151 9
203 490
I thought they were original but they have been repainted so I am not 100% sure.

Can you post a photo of yours? I want to compare.
Here's one of mine:

Stop dead photo links! Post your photos to The Samba Gallery!
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website Facebook Instagram Gallery Classifieds Feedback
Lazaa
Samba Member

PostPosted: Thu Jun 25, 2020 10:40 am    Post subject: Re: Canadian '52 Deluxe Reply with quote

Thanks for the reply.
One weird thing is that I can't find the middle seat mount plate anywhere in the spare parts book diagrams Idea

I have a set of short clamps for the rear seat with the 29. part number so I thought it should exist middle seat clamps with the 29 as well ?

This photo is not from me but I have a set of 4 like this :

Two Glove Boxes
Samba Member

PostPosted: Thu Jun 25, 2020 12:35 pm    Post subject: Re: Canadian '52 Deluxe Reply with quote

Sick build cant believe this bus exists!
Keep killing with the right stuff where will the film be posted?
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Instagram Gallery Classifieds Feedback
djfordmanjack
Samba Member

PostPosted: Fri Jun 26, 2020 1:46 pm    Post subject: Re: Canadian '52 Deluxe Reply with quote

Florian, maybe they used split bug or oval bug standard seat clamps for the middle seat.
That would explain the 1** or L** part# that Everett stated.

52 Barndoor DLX Coachbuild project
55 Wolfsburg panel project, og paint Taubenblau L31
62 Dickholmer, custom color Seeblau L360
63 1500 Notch, og paint Rubin Rot L456
67 1500 Käfer, og paint Lotus weiß L282 w/red interior
Reply to topic    Forum Index -> Split Bus - Barndoor All times are Mountain Standard Time/Pacific Daylight Savings Time
Page: Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next
Page 7 of 9

Jump to: